• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

you look atleast 1 point better in the mirror

I really dont buy into this. I look at peoples mirror reflections all the time in public places and they look........

THE SAME

tastemaker

Regular
you don't have the time to investigate them
this is 100% LEGIT

LordSUPER

Banned
I don't see how, explain? Unless you're making facial expressions in which case I agree.

lms_zombie

PSL Hall of Fame
Oldcels
depends on the mirror tbh, most mirrors would make you look worse

tastemaker

Regular
LordSUPER said:
I don't see how, explain? Unless you're making facial expressions in which case I agree.

You don't see the asymmetry in the mirror + motion effect + some mirrors show your face smaller/better (the case for me)

Lance_Armweak

Rotter
LegendOfBrickTamland said:
I really dont buy into this. I look at peoples mirror reflections all the time in public places and they look........

THE SAME

People perceive themselves to be better than they are.

tastemaker

Regular
LEGIT: if you think you look ugly in the mirror you are 100% incel kys

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Lance_Armweak said:
LegendOfBrickTamland said:

THE SAME

People perceive themselves to be better than they are.

I was looking at the article you sent me and most of the enhancement they displayed to the people were skin, symmetry and skintone wise... so yeah, I feel like your average person thinks their a bit better looking than they are but we are probably realistic or even more on the BDD side because we know about bone protrusion, maxillas, EME angles, midface ratios, fWHR, PFL, orbitals, facial ratios, etc etc etc.

EdSheeran

Rotter
its just a reflection
I dont see how it can make me 1 point better
unless the mirror secretly morphs my reflection to make me look better otherwise no

lolatmylife

Regular
EdSheeran said:
its just a reflection
I dont see how it can make me 1 point better
unless the mirror secretly morphs my reflection to make me look better otherwise no

Exactly, and this thing about seeing your self in motion seems wrong. Don't other people see you in motion too? I don't see how the mirror makes you look better.
Also I'm very critical when I look in the mirror so I know I'm not deluding myself.

MewingAllDay

prof.
Mewslims
i also observed that. mirror definately makes me look better due to more symmetry illusion. irl i am actually asymmetric as fuck

socloseto6ft

Regular
The reason you think (das right, it's all in ur head) you look better in mirrors than in pics is because your face is flipped and your brain is more accustomed to seeing it that way. And we find faces we know better more attractive than faces we've never seen before.

So if u look like shit in pics u look like shit in mirrors, it's just ur brain coping.

burlesque

Banned
true. Pictures are the real deal. I've yet to see a slayer look bad in any picture from any angle(slayers i know irl)