• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

you look atleast 1 point better in the mirror

Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
341
Reputation
3
I really dont buy into this. I look at peoples mirror reflections all the time in public places and they look........

THE SAME
 

tastemaker

Regular
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,658
Reputation
5
you don't have the time to investigate them
this is 100% LEGIT
 

LordSUPER

Banned
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,529
Reputation
3
I don't see how, explain? Unless you're making facial expressions in which case I agree.
 

lms_zombie

PSL Hall of Fame
Oldcels
Joined
Dec 21, 2015
Messages
23,431
Reputation
4,938
depends on the mirror tbh, most mirrors would make you look worse
 

tastemaker

Regular
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,658
Reputation
5
LordSUPER said:
I don't see how, explain? Unless you're making facial expressions in which case I agree.


You don't see the asymmetry in the mirror + motion effect + some mirrors show your face smaller/better (the case for me)
 

Lance_Armweak

Rotter
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Messages
4,975
Reputation
19
LegendOfBrickTamland said:
I really dont buy into this. I look at peoples mirror reflections all the time in public places and they look........

THE SAME

People perceive themselves to be better than they are.
 

tastemaker

Regular
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,658
Reputation
5
LEGIT: if you think you look ugly in the mirror you are 100% incel kys
 

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
31,146
Reputation
4,058
Lance_Armweak said:
LegendOfBrickTamland said:
I really dont buy into this. I look at peoples mirror reflections all the time in public places and they look........

THE SAME

People perceive themselves to be better than they are.

I was looking at the article you sent me and most of the enhancement they displayed to the people were skin, symmetry and skintone wise... so yeah, I feel like your average person thinks their a bit better looking than they are but we are probably realistic or even more on the BDD side because we know about bone protrusion, maxillas, EME angles, midface ratios, fWHR, PFL, orbitals, facial ratios, etc etc etc.
 

EdSheeran

Rotter
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
3,447
Reputation
212
its just a reflection
I dont see how it can make me 1 point better
unless the mirror secretly morphs my reflection to make me look better otherwise no
 

lolatmylife

Regular
Joined
May 17, 2016
Messages
1,998
Reputation
3
EdSheeran said:
its just a reflection
I dont see how it can make me 1 point better
unless the mirror secretly morphs my reflection to make me look better otherwise no

Exactly, and this thing about seeing your self in motion seems wrong. Don't other people see you in motion too? I don't see how the mirror makes you look better.
Also I'm very critical when I look in the mirror so I know I'm not deluding myself.
 

MewingAllDay

prof.
Mewslims
Joined
Nov 20, 2015
Messages
1,150
Reputation
34
i also observed that. mirror definately makes me look better due to more symmetry illusion. irl i am actually asymmetric as fuck
 

socloseto6ft

Regular
Joined
Jan 25, 2016
Messages
1,301
Reputation
7
The reason you think (das right, it's all in ur head) you look better in mirrors than in pics is because your face is flipped and your brain is more accustomed to seeing it that way. And we find faces we know better more attractive than faces we've never seen before.

So if u look like shit in pics u look like shit in mirrors, it's just ur brain coping.
 

burlesque

Banned
Joined
Jul 3, 2015
Messages
557
Reputation
1
true. Pictures are the real deal. I've yet to see a slayer look bad in any picture from any angle(slayers i know irl)
 
Top