You have far less control over your actions and decisions than you think

FireHaze

Gigachad
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
8,665
Reputation
10
Your personality and inhibition levels are determined by your genetics and environment at a very young age. Going on about how if you would have done this differently is a cope because your behavior and personality and inhibition are even more hardwired than your looks. Speaking of looks, looks affect your personality and behavior as well. Thing is looksmaxing and shit won't do much for your personality as it is set by 1st grade just lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusion_of_control

http://www.livescience.com/8432-personality-set-life-1st-grade-study-suggests.html
 

debijon

Normie
Joined
Jul 12, 2015
Messages
1,146
Reputation
3
What you're describing is (lack of) Free Will.

Our personality , both good and bad are formed and determined by a total dice roll like you said (genetics, environment, nature vs nurture)
The CHOICES we make are a reflection of that.

this is why some beta males can put in immense effort , stay positive, improve themselves and eventually 'make it' while other beta males are lazy depressed, socially anxious and can never make it.
 

MENTAL_CEL

Slayer
Joined
Jan 25, 2016
Messages
2,525
Reputation
0
This is BS made up by Steven Pinker and Sam Harris to sell books.

Just because they're "scientists doe" doesn't mean they don't spout shit every now and then to make up new theories to make more money.
 

FireHaze

Gigachad
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
8,665
Reputation
10
debijon said:
What you're describing is (lack of) Free Will.

Our personality , both good and bad are formed and determined by a total dice roll like you said (genetics, environment, nature vs nurture)
The CHOICES we make are a reflection of that.

this is why some beta males can put in immense effort , stay positive, improve themselves and eventually 'make it' while other beta males are lazy depressed, socially anxious and can never make it.
Exactly. People think they have free will but they really don't. What we're doing right now is literally the result of our genes interacting with our environment. Nothing more.
 

Brutus

King of Chads
Birds
Joined
Aug 25, 2015
Messages
14,592
Reputation
2,426
No, but it's because society is a rigid set of rules that basically "locks" you into a social position based on looks and social skills, both of equal importance.

The problem is a person deficient in looks will likely be socially awkward from all the negative feedback
 

rigidity

Slayer
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
2,203
Reputation
0
MENTAL_CEL said:
This is BS made up by Steven Pinker and Sam Harris to sell books.

Just because they're "scientists doe" doesn't mean they don't spout shit every now and then to make up new theories to make more money.
Steven Pinker isn't a real scientist. He's just a good writer.
 

iftsj

Banned
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
8,194
Reputation
8
Legit as an ugly male people will try to tell you you got bad attitude when really you just bitch about how fucked you are. Just watch a subhuman nerd come in a room full of chads and hot girls. They will all tell him hes low energy, or depressed , or will only tolerate him if he betaorbit while shutting is mouth. You cant win as a non hot man. You just have to accept your shit , cope about what you got to do and why your like that and this and that. But in the end you cant do shit about it. You are what your shit genes have allowed you to be.
 

FireHaze

Gigachad
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
8,665
Reputation
10
iftsj said:
Legit as an ugly male people will try to tell you you got bad attitude when really you just bitch about how fucked you are. Just watch a subhuman nerd come in a room full of chads and hot girls. They will all tell him hes low energy, or depressed , or will only tolerate him if he betaorbit will shutting is mouth. You cant win as a non hot man. You just have to accept your shit , cope about what you got to do and why your like that and this and that. But in the end you cant do shit about it. You are what your shit genes have allowed you to be.
:clap:
 

Legalizer

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2016
Messages
1,099
Reputation
2
Don't get too deep in the rabbit hole or you'll end up reading about quantum universe creation and become existentially depressed
 

FireHaze

Gigachad
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
8,665
Reputation
10
Browcel said:
Good, this cope can give me peace.
It's not cope it's pure redpill.


Genes + Environment = Everything.


The way your life is right now is mereley the result of the way your genetics and brain chemistry interacted with the environment to this day.
 

debijon

Normie
Joined
Jul 12, 2015
Messages
1,146
Reputation
3
Your personality traits you have today, are 100% A RESULT OF SOMETHING OUT OF YOUR CONTROL.
Be it happy, energetic, smart, extraverted, hard worker, focused, high self esteem, lazy, depressed, anxious, negative, dumb etc...
The events (environment) in your crucial childhood development years have molded you into either a benevolent 'good' personality that will experience more happiness or a 'malevolent' personality that will experience more negative emotions to different degrees.

No body fucking chooses to be lazy, depressed, negative, anxious.  It just HAPPENED, good luck on your next reincarnation!
 
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
1,077
Reputation
1
I thought this was basic knowledge for everyone on this forum. You'd have to be a deluded idiot not to understand this.
 

FireHaze

Gigachad
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
8,665
Reputation
10
Narrator said:
You can all leave your basements today.
massive cope itt
Someone cant swallow the redpill.
[hr]
debijon said:
Your personality traits you have today, are 100% A RESULT OF SOMETHING OUT OF YOUR CONTROL.
Be it happy, energetic, smart, extraverted, hard worker, focused, high self esteem, lazy, depressed, anxious, negative, dumb etc...
The events (environment) in your crucial childhood development years have molded you into either a benevolent 'good' personality that will experience more happiness or a 'malevolent' personality that will experience more negative emotions to different degrees.

No body fucking chooses to be lazy, depressed, negative, anxious.  It just HAPPENED, good luck on your next reincarnation!
:clap:
 
Top