layingdown

Normie

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]This is the first in vivo demonstration of an association between endogenous neurotransmitter release and conscious experience. Using 11C-raclopride PET we demonstrated increased endogenous dopamine release in the ventral striatum during Yoga Nidra meditation. Yoga Nidra is characterized by a depressed level of desire for action, associated with decreased blood flow in prefrontal, cerebellar and subcortical regions, structures thought to be organized in open loops subserving executive control. In the striatum, dopamine modulates excitatory glutamatergic synapses of the projections from the frontal cortex to striatal neurons, which in turn project back to the frontal cortex via the pallidum and ventral thalamus. The present study was designed to investigate whether endogenous dopamine release increases during loss of executive control in meditation. Participants underwent two 11C-raclopride PET scans: one while attending to speech with eyes closed, and one during active meditation. The tracer competes with endogenous dopamine for access to dopamine D2 receptors predominantly found in the basal ganglia. During meditation, 11C-raclopride binding in ventral striatum decreased by 7.9%. This corresponds to a 65% increase in endogenous dopamine release. The reduced raclopride binding correlated significantly with a concomitant increase in EEG theta activity, a characteristic feature of meditation. All participants reported a decreased desire for action during meditation, along with heightened sensory imagery. The level of gratification and the depth of relaxation did not differ between the attention and meditation conditions. Here we show increased striatal dopamine release during meditation associated with the experience of reduced readiness for action. It is suggested that being in the conscious state of meditation causes a suppression of cortico-striatal glutamatergic transmission. To our knowledge this is the first time in vivo evidence has been provided for regulation of conscious states at a synaptic level.[/font]
how to do

1) assume LDAR position

2) listen to guided meditation 

3) instead of focusing on breathing (awareness meditation) focus on specific body parts (right hand, left wrist, etc )

Guided meditation

[video=youtube]

paulus

Banned
easily the best poster together with @realrob :clap:

NuclearBrain

Der Führer von PSL
HQNP
I love your account, you dont post much but its always really cool or insightful

Just want you to know that  :inlove:

layingdown

Normie
thanks for the love boyos :popcorn:

misterbob

Slayer
Does this also provide lower cortisol and shrink in amydgala as from awareness meditation? What do u think of doing 10 minutes for both a day?
[hr]
Any tips on sociopath maxing or confidence maxing or low inhib maxing. Cant do shrooms atm

layingdown

Normie
misterbob said:
Does this also provide lower cortisol and shrink in amydgala as from awareness meditation? What do u think of doing 10 minutes for both a day?
[hr]
Any tips on sociopath maxing or confidence maxing or low inhib maxing. Cant do shrooms atm
it should shrink it and 99.99% sure it would lower cortisol, anything that increases dopamine is a sign of cortisol supression since dopamine and cortisol suppress eachother

as for sociopath maxing, you probably don't want that but im guessing you're using it as hyperbole for lowering inhibition, dopamine always helps, avena sativa extract would also be a good addition to meditation since it will prevent the breakdown of dopamine. 

As for lowering inhibition, to lower social inhibition in particular it's just a matter of exposure. Get a job at starbucks or something or join a debate club/toastmasters and get used to having 100s of social interactions per day or speaking infront of large groups of people

misterbob

Slayer
layingdown said:
misterbob said:
[hr]
it should shrink it and 99.99% sure it would lower cortisol, anything that increases dopamine is a sign of cortisol supression since dopamine and cortisol suppress eachother

as for sociopath maxing, you probably don't want that but im guessing you're using it as hyperbole for lowering inhibition, dopamine always helps, avena sativa extract would also be a good addition to meditation since it will prevent the breakdown of dopamine. 

As for lowering inhibition, to lower social inhibition in particular it's just a matter of exposure. Get a job at starbucks or something or join a debate club/toastmasters and get used to having 100s of social interactions per day or speaking infront of large groups of people
I can speak in front of large audience and done that. But i cant start convo with chick and talk sexually as well as touch fot sexual tension
[hr]
layingdown said:
misterbob said:
[hr]

I can speak in front of large audience and done that. But i cant start convo with chick and talk sexually as well as touch fot sexual tension

SansDopamine

Slayer
meditation is legit but its really hard to have a consistent routine and do it everyday

alexs_and_red

Volcel
Rotters
SansDopamine said:
meditation is legit but its really hard to have a consistent routine and do it everyday
had the same problem until I watched this guy https://mega.nz/#F!8u5QTBDQ!xsXweGb4jSH0DFTcdzMt3A!cyZklaBB. The week 1 is all you need. Then you just turn on audio with guided meditation every night and that's all. Somehow it helped me. half a year with just 5-7 skipped sessions.

layingdown

Normie
misterbob said:
would suggest you checkout todd's product then:

https://lookism.net/Thread-Red-Pill-RSD-Todd-s-new-product-is-the-definitive-guide-to-slaying-It-s-time-to-slay-GTFIH

your fear is because you expect to get a reaction/validation from your approach, if somebody paid you $50 to go talk to some dyke lesbian you probably wouldn't give a fuck and could easily approach. I don't want to say the pua shit of "dont be outcome dependent" because you should have a direction in mind, otherwise you just talk to 100 people and go nowhere, but your approaches should be more todd/alex style where the girl isn't exactly sure what you want so her responses will be much more neutral, in both directions.

SansDopamine

Slayer
alexs_and_red said:
SansDopamine said:
had the same problem until I watched this guy https://mega.nz/#F!8u5QTBDQ!xsXweGb4jSH0DFTcdzMt3A!cyZklaBB. The week 1 is all you need. Then you just turn on audio with guided meditation every night and that's all. Somehow it helped me. half a year with just 5-7 skipped sessions.
Thanks for sharing, I'll check it out. I would have repped if I hadn't run out for today.

Can you share some insights in regards to the benefits that you have experienced so far from long term meditation? Are you happier? Lower inhibition? etc...

alexs_and_red

Volcel
Rotters
SansDopamine said:
alexs_and_red said:
Thanks for sharing, I'll check it out. I would have repped if I hadn't run out for today.

Can you share some insights in regards to the benefits that you have experienced so far from long term meditation? Are you happier? Lower inhibition? etc...
 It will help everywhere by little. science tells us that meditation raise baseline for dopamine/serotonin, lower cortisol and amygdala activity. I experienced a reduction in anxiety by 10-15%, the focus was improved and inner voice which people with social anxiety usually have was numbed. First benefits will appear in 1 month and will plateau in half a year. So it's not like you gonna meditate for 3+ years and then become the low inhibition god. MRT scans see little difference between people who were meditating 10 years+ and those who were doing it 6+ months. 
 So overall it's a good supplement that works and doesn't have tolerance. I'm still looking for solutions though. I suspect I was born with low dopamine/serotonin so fixing it is big pain cause they antagonize each other. Tried 50+ supplements and nothing works long term cause of tolerance. 
 Serotonin is fixed thanks to meditations and SSRI Lexapro( can be replaced by microdosing psylocybin and lsd) 
But dopamine and its symptoms ( low energy/ sexual drive are yet to fix). I'm heavily researching dopamine agonists now and steroids. Proviron+ testosterone stack is bought but I will inject only after I finish reading the book on trt. Realrob recommended it, its called testosterone optimization therapy.

This is just one giant black pill. 

Abrahamics are for mentally ill retards. 

Dharmics for the based red pilled.

SansDopamine

Slayer
alexs_and_red said:
SansDopamine said:

It will help everywhere by little. science tells us that meditation raise baseline for dopamine/serotonin, lower cortisol and amygdala activity. I experienced a reduction in anxiety by 10-15%, the focus was improved and inner voice which people with social anxiety usually have was numbed. First benefits will appear in 1 month and will plateau in half a year. So it's not like you gonna meditate for 3+ years and then become the low inhibition god. MRT scans see little difference between people who were meditating 10 years+ and those who were doing it 6+ months. 
 So overall it's a good supplement that works and doesn't have tolerance. I'm still looking for solutions though. I suspect I was born with low dopamine/serotonin so fixing it is big pain cause they antagonize each other. Tried 50+ supplements and nothing works long term cause of tolerance. 
 Serotonin is fixed thanks to meditations and SSRI Lexapro( can be replaced by microdosing psylocybin and lsd) 
But dopamine and its symptoms ( low energy/ sexual drive are yet to fix). I'm heavily researching dopamine agonists now and steroids. Proviron+ testosterone stack is bought but I will inject only after I finish reading the book on trt. Realrob recommended it, its called testosterone optimization therapy.
This is very, very interesting. I've done a lot of research on meditation and I've never seen this come up. I'm not saying I don't believe you but if you could post a link/source on this I would appreciate it.

If you're having issues with dopamine it could also be your dopamine receptors. You should do gene testing (ancestry.com or whatever) to see if anything weird comes up instead of just shooting in the dark.

AsymmetryIsDeath

3/10 in Serbia
Rotters
dont have time to read the study rn, how long do the effects last for is the important part. do the effects wear off fast or would daily meditation actually raise your resting dopamine levels?

alexs_and_red

Volcel
Rotters
SansDopamine said:
This is very, very interesting. I've done a lot of research on meditation and I've never seen this come up. I'm not saying I don't believe you but if you could post a link/source on this I would appreciate it.

If you're having issues with dopamine it could also be your dopamine receptors. You should do gene testing (ancestry.com or whatever) to see if anything weird comes up instead of just shooting in the dark.
http://happierhuman.com/the-effects-of-meditation/ under the topic * how long does it take for meditation to work* he doesn't directly make reference to the study, but I remember it was there somewhere. 
 Rejuvenating dopamine receptors can work to extend, with things like no fap or memantine but if your baseline is low, you won't have a really huge impact. Parkinsons disease is still not fully treated and the global market doesn't have anything to offer except bupropion. And amphetamine is available only in the USA legally if I'm not mistaken. Honestly, I just need a little boost. So if dopamine agonists won't work, I'm pretty sure roids will do. Just want to become more aggressive, horny and driven. Lexapro is pretty potent, feels like I'm having MDMA afterglow 24/7 if I reduce remaining anxiety (20%) with roids then I would finally live life to its full potential.

paulus

Banned
posting on lookism has probably the opposite effect

think about it

if medidation can change your brain what do you think lookism and all its toxic negativity does to your brain