WRIST SIZE DEBUNKED (STUDY)

The assessment of frame size is a problematic and ambiguous area. The purpose of this study was to assess the level of agreement between various techniques of assessing frame size in a group of 27 healthy and active men aged 18–24 years, and also to assess which anthropometric variables were best associated with a measure of actual frame size (AFS) which is proposed in this study. Actual frame size was measured by the summation of a series of bone breadths, lengths and depths on a sub‐sample of 17 men. The results of the study revealed substantial discordance between methods of assessing frame size. The variables which correlated most highly with AFS (P< 0.01) were body mass, ankle breadth, hand length and chest breadth, respectively. These variables were also positively correlated (P<0.01) with fat‐free mass (FFM), with no significant correlation with fat mass in either case. Of the various documented methods used to assess frame size, the ‘HAT’ technique, which incorporates biacromial and bitrochanteric breadths, was more highly correlated with AFS than both elbow breadth (currently used in height‐weight insurance tables) and the height/wrist circumference index. The latter measure was not highly correlated with AFS, body mass and FFM in this study. It was concluded that ankle breadth and hand length may be better predictors of frame size in young men than other bone dimensions. In addition, the results of this preliminary investigation have substantiated the potential viability of an AFS model. Future research using this technique is recommended to determine true indicators of frame size in a larger and more heterogeneous population.
 https://shapeamerica.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02640419308729957#.XP7LQYhKiM9

WRISTCELS BREATH A SIGH OF RELIEF

:cage:

ALRIGHT BOYS SHOW ME YOUR ANKLES! PERCENTILES FOR YOU ASPIES

Utter_Reject

Complete Failure
Rotters
ngl i have small wrist but large ankles and hands

sin

Administrator
Staff member
Masculinity Crew
The variables which correlated most highly with AFS (P< 0.01) were body mass

no shit. weight is the result of frame. not frame is the result of weight. basically. ur not small because ur 60kg, ur 60kg because ur small

Jawanomics

Lookism God
My ankle circumference is 8" ...which is subhuman. My hands are also small. Also have skinny wrists.

i have to gymcel to look above average size.

i am slightly worried what i am going to regress to whilst gyms are closed.

elmoggerino

King of Chads
The variables which correlated most highly with AFS (P< 0.01) were body mass

no shit. weight is the result of frame. not frame is the result of weight. basically. ur not small because ur 60kg, ur 60kg because ur small
I was 55kg at 18

:jrage::finger3:

RealRetard

I pray to no one
HQNP
apparently my hand length is 90th percentile

Can you imagine i would need just 1 cm of length just to have 99th percentile just fucking lol

standardscoper

The first bateman
Masculinity Crew
97th percentile hand Length. This isnt even me lookism exaggerating, I actually have it.

3/10CurryCel

based
frame is Biacromal and internipple.

muscle inserts are bideltoid.

Biggest number wins.

the mole

Ace Rothstein was a hell of a handicapper
Gorilla Crew
What about ankle circumfrence I dont have my protractor with me NIGGER