Will being a division 1 athlete make up for being 5'8

mrslayer

Slayer
I am thinking of walking on to Michigan's rugby team when I go to graduate school there. I have eligibility until 2019. I'm only 5'8 but have a perfect body and will get on roids and hgh soon.

Respond boyos.

Bojack

Lookism God
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

depends on what sport though tbh. If football yes, if anything else NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mrslayer

Slayer
Bojack said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

depends on what sport though tbh. If football yes, if anything else NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Football can happen if I go to a division 2 school. Rugby can happen at Michigan or any top state school.

mrslayer

Slayer
IVTBX said:
I played d-1 football. We had a rugby team but it was club...the kids I saw on that team were of wildly mediocre build and athletic talent. If rugby is school sponsored at Mich i'm sure the competition will be a little stiffer but I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to walk on. Most places have an open door walk on policy especially for sports like rugby. 

As for your question...make up for what? Rugby isn't exactly a popular sport here in america and it's not like there are any pro rugby leagues.
Yeah the athletic talent in rugby isn't as good and they aren't as strong either. Also there are quite a few short guys on even michigan's roster. I want to go to a sponsored school though because that will be more impressive. Rugby isn't a popular sport but it's the only sport I can do at this stage. Football is not possible actually for a division 1 school (my eligibility ended) and probably not for a division 2 school. I can get it done at a division 3 school possibly (eligibility is still there but my height and speed are problems). 

What were your stats? 

Mine right now are 20 reps 225 bench 4.9 40 hand timed (I need to reduce this for sure) deadlift 605 lbs and squat 545 lbs.

This is all natural. I am 22 years old 

Congrats on the d1 school by the way that's very impressive.

sltht

Normie
mrslayer said:
IVTBX said:
I played d-1 football. We had a rugby team but it was club...the kids I saw on that team were of wildly mediocre build and athletic talent. If rugby is school sponsored at Mich i'm sure the competition will be a little stiffer but I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to walk on. Most places have an open door walk on policy especially for sports like rugby. 

As for your question...make up for what? Rugby isn't exactly a popular sport here in america and it's not like there are any pro rugby leagues.
Yeah the athletic talent in rugby isn't as good and they aren't as strong either. Also there are quite a few short guys on even michigan's roster. I want to go to a sponsored school though because that will be more impressive. Rugby isn't a popular sport but it's the only sport I can do at this stage. Football is not possible actually for a division 1 school (my eligibility ended) and probably not for a division 2 school. I can get it done at a division 3 school possibly (eligibility is still there but my height and speed are problems). 

What were your stats? 

Mine right now are 20 reps 225 bench 4.9 40 hand timed (I need to reduce this for sure) deadlift 605 lbs and squat 545 lbs.

It's over if you're 5'8'' at that age.

celzor

Slayer
Do it why not

Also stop obsessing over your height it won't change and it is bad for your mental health 

Stop thinking about things that can make up for your height and just think if things will make you more attractive or not

Grotesque

Gigachad
Rugby, no. Unless you want to run gay game with roidcels that brag about reps all day.

mrslayer

Slayer
IVTBX said:
mrslayer said:

What were your stats? 

your lifting stats are better than mine for sure...I hated lifting and I am more lean/sprinter type

I'm 24 now but I played receiver in college.

I was around 6'2 200-215 depending on the time of year..I could do about 13-14 reps at 225...I could do 405 on the squat. We didn't max on deadlifts but I could do around 275 on power clean. I ran in the 4.5-4.6 range and had a 32" vert. I didn't play much either-mostly just special teams.

tbh unless you play offense or defensive line or linebacker noone cares what you can lift it doesn't really matter. 

Our best players were absolutely not our strongest or our fastest although we did have some genetic freaks of nature on our team. I wouldn't worry about your 40 time man-I mean obviously work to get it down but don't freak out over it. If you wanna play rugby just be aggressive, don't be afraid to hit people, and since you're gonna be a walk on be willing to do the dirty work, work ethic will get you far. We had walk ons on our football team that weren't as strong as you and around the same height that got to play.
[hr]
mrslayer said:

What were your stats? 

your lifting stats are better than mine for sure...I hated lifting and I am more lean/sprinter type

I'm 24 now but I played receiver in college.

I was around 6'2 200-215 depending on the time of year..I could do about 13-14 reps at 225...I could do 405 on the squat. We didn't max on deadlifts but I could do around 275 on power clean. I ran in the 4.5-4.6 range and had a 32" vert. I didn't play much either-mostly just special teams.

tbh unless you play offense or defensive line or linebacker noone cares what you can lift it doesn't really matter. 

Our best players were absolutely not our strongest or our fastest although we did have some genetic freaks of nature on our team. I wouldn't worry about your 40 time man-I mean obviously work to get it down but don't freak out over it. If you wanna play rugby just be aggressive, don't be afraid to hit people, and since you're gonna be a walk on be willing to do the dirty work, work ethic will get you far. We had walk ons on our football team that weren't as strong as you and around the same height that got to play.
Yeah lifting doesn't matter that much. Speed and athletic ability matter more. I have a good vertical but my 40 yard dash is bad. I just focus on lifting because I have the body type for it. Short and stocky but I am really working on speed from here on out.

I am also going to start taking steroids. My goal right now is to just make the team. Rugby eligibility for division 1 is different than football. You have 7 years to play after registering for undergrad and can play in graduate school as well.

Football I am not eligible for d1 but I am sure I can play d3 which I might go for. But I think school sponsored d1 rugby will be my best bet. I have my work cut out for me for sure.

Thanks for the help and advice
[hr]
sltht said:
mrslayer said:

What were your stats? 

It's over if you're 5'8'' at that age.
Yeah bro the height fucks me over with girls. I'm planning to use hgh soon though and I used an ai for years. Also the guys in my family tend to grow late. But I will only get an inch if I am lucky