• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Why lookism members can't rate for shit

Enigmatic

Rotter
It's because they have no idea how to judge facial harmony at all. It's not our fault though because we're straight men.

We have a good eye for bone structure and shit like that because that's a little more objective. When it comes to facial harmony we are completely lost.

A lot here are confused on why guys like nothereforlong do so well. It's obviously because his face is good looking to women. There's something about his facial arrangement that women like.

If alex from target got posted here people would call him a potato and rate him a 5-5.5/10 at most. But he got famous because he's good looking.

Faded

Joke
this may be in part because i am borderline bisexual, but i can easily tell how attractive (or not) a guy's face is. yep, alex from target is a hottie. and you're also right, features are important but not the most important. the most essential component of the face is its proportions/golden mask "harmony". this is harder to cope with because you can change facial features to an extent, but with the proportions it's far more abstract and static.

New Poster

Now on youtube
Lookism ratings are based off of four things:

Facal bone projection (robustness)
Race
Squintiness of eye area
Norwooding

vanillestorms

Banned
New Poster said:

Race
Squintiness of eye area
Norwooding

Lol this

Enigmatic

Rotter
New Poster said:

Race
Squintiness of eye area
Norwooding

When in reality physical attraction is much more complex than that

skills

Joke
New Poster said:

Race
Squintiness of eye area
Norwooding

you left out height...

New Poster

Now on youtube
Skills said:
New Poster said:

Race
Squintiness of eye area
Norwooding

you left out height...

Face ratings are independent of body.  You've been here too long to make that mistake.

In any case, PSL raters sometimes miss the bigger picture in their obsession with these four dimension (and I'm flanged, white, nw0, and squinty so there's no cope).  IFTSJ is a perfect example -- a weird looking mong, but overrated here because BONES. There's countless other examples.

iftsj

Banned
facial harmony is just symetry and proportions
its objective too

New Poster said:
Skills said:
you left out height...

Face ratings are independent of body.  You've been here too long to make that mistake.

In any case, PSL raters sometimes miss the bigger picture in their obsession with these four dimension (and I'm flanged, white, nw0, and squinty so there's no cope).  IFTSJ is a perfect example -- a weird looking mong, but overrated here because BONES. There's countless other examples.

i got bone base but i got muscle and teeth assymetries for now cause of bad posture and braces
hopefully ill go up many point with orthodontist and chiropractor and neck exos

Also many are legit 3.5-4/10s that cope by over rating slightly above avg guys

I used to be guilty of this myself

Enigmatic

Rotter
New Poster said:
Skills said:
you left out height...

:clap:

Bone structure is far less important that most people here make it out to be.

Dantino is another weird looking dude that has good bone structure.

It's all about the features on your face and how they harmonize.

Gucci_Gang

Banned
So I have to reevaluate all the Faces I've meditating to look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kids

Joke
I think there's a few good raters here but yea most can't rate for shit, and many have certain biases towards certain traits and phenotypes

i think only women can judge a man's face 

how bout a service where women give guys ratings ? and comparison explanations of what guys they think is hottest

because honestly this is a field we are just not knowledgeable about

some guy could go spend 30k for a jaw surgery based on lookism when women think it's fine

Enigmatic

Rotter
Aspiring Promiquity Autist said:
i think only women can judge a man's face 

how bout a service where women give guys ratings ? and comparison explanations of what guys they think is hottest

because honestly this is a field we are just not knowledgeable about

some guy could go spend 30k for a jaw surgery based on lookism when women think it's fine

It would have to be anonymous so they'll be less likely to lie.

asiancel

Champion
the way lookismers rate reminds me of the way females rate in that it can be unpredictable, based too much on fleeting emotion, various halo effects, even public opinion, rather than objective scientific analysis. there are few people here who have the capacity to given consistent ratings other than myself.

when i give ratings i usually am able to point out exactly where the deficiencies are. i feel confident in my ability to recommend specific surgical procedures to enhance faces, not a lot of people here can do that. i think my credentials speak for themselves.