Why is coping a bad thing??

James Franco

Slayer
as opposed to being miserable? 

if coping is what makes life endurable why is it looked down upon? do you want to live an unbearable life?

Fatality

Cuck
Not accepting reality kind of makes someone look crazy imo. Accept everything for what it really is and come to terms with it. If you're ugly, accept it and move on.

Adrian_B

Coper
Reincarnation Game said:
Everybody copes. Coping in a positive manner is a good thing, imo. It beats being depressed.

This tbh.
Plus "coping" is such a shit term, yes you can cope by telling yourself you're hot or it's that the inside that counts or whatever, but you can cope while still being redpilled, if I knew that I was beyond saving (I'm not, I am ugly as fuck but I can ascend eventually) I'd cope with this by playing vidya or workceling. It's cheesy but it's true, life is what you make it, you don't need to get validation for your looks to enjoy life, just lock yourself into your basement and play vidya, sounds comfy as fuck and sometimes I wish I was just one point uglier/deformed so I had an excuse. Now I am in the limbo zone where I know I can fix my life but I just need to do shit to get there.

It's cowardly. I think when you lie to yourself you're doing yourself a disservice.

The only exception to this is if you're truly fucked in every conceivable way and it's impossible to improve, then coping is a good thing.

In saying that: I cope quite a lot, I drink practically every day. But I know that I'm coping. Perhaps ignorantly coping is the true wrong.

Ldarloser

Slayer
a redpill cope that functions in a bluepill society, will be more successful than a bluepill living in his natural habit which he does not understand imho

James Franco

Slayer
Fatality said:
Not accepting reality kind of makes someone look crazy imo. Accept everything for what it really is and come to terms with it. If you're ugly, accept it and move on.
I think ultimately everyone refuses to accept reality at least to some degree. And it just so appears like the ones that are the most delusional are the ones that are the least depressed on average. I mean I think i've accepted being ugly by now so would anything I do now to make the best of my situation be regarded as coping? And if not then what is it?

Fatality

Cuck
James Franco said:
Fatality said:
I think ultimately everyone refuses to accept reality at least to some degree. And it just so appears like the ones that are the most delusional are the ones that are the least depressed on average. I mean I think i've accepted being ugly by now so would anything I do now to make the best of my situation be regarded as coping? And if not then what is it?
The most delusional people are the ones with the support network either due to attractiveness or simply due to herd mentality. People are biologically engineered to want to be part of the society, fit in, reach the top, be accepted. The people that accept the truth know their own limitations due to their own biology or other conditions out of their control and are likely to be depressed. That is true. Thoughts like that don't personally cause me depression.

If you're ugly and you think doing things like going to the gym would make a girl attracted to you, then that's just delusional cope since there are certain features that people are biologically engineered to see in potential mates. That's just how I see it.

If you're going to the gym and living healthy on a general basis of simply wanting to be the best that you can be, I don't see how that's cope. You're just making the best of what you have.

Though it's notable to say that a large part of success in life(good jobs, opportunities, social advantage) is attributed to having a support network, which is something that more attractive people usually have.

In a way, you have to accept that your beauty is your destiny in a sense.