Why I look better in the mirror than in pics?

Looks_Matter

Normie
What image of me is the real one? Mirror or picture? and why

The difference is striking, I'm not talking about half a point or a point....

JustLOL

Incel
same.

i look human in videos. but when i take a pic i want to blow my whole face off with a shotgun.

Looks_Matter

Normie
So the image of myself in the pics is the real one? 

If I correct the asymmetries, will my pics be like the image I see in the mirror?

Geometric/lens distortion usually. Professional photos usually look better than the person is IRL. Look at any celebs paparazzi pics for proof. 

Usually the mirror is most accurate from 3-5 feet up close geometric distortion kicks in. So take a step back from the mirror/camera and that's the real you.

Subhuman exhibit 
:lol:

Emil_King

Normie
ColezRightFoot said:
Geometric/lens distortion usually. Professional photos usually look better than the person is IRL. Look at any celebs paparazzi pics for proof. 

Usually the mirror is most accurate from 3-5 feet up close geometric distortion kicks in. So take a step back from the mirror/camera and that's the real you.

Subhuman exhibit 
whats the absolute most accurate way to see how you look like? (under what lighting and angles etc.)

Get a tripod and an HD video recorder if you really want to know what you like. How you look in motion is what matters because IRL we don't see people as being frozen in one awkward frame all the time.

Emil_King said:
ColezRightFoot said:

Subhuman exhibit 
whats the absolute most accurate way to see how you look like? (under what lighting and angles e.)

Probably the 35mm lens @ 3-5 feet with natural lighting or good white lighting. Normal posture and face of course. You want this to be how people see you so don't smile or squint if that's not what you do, etc.

Also remember besides narassists most people rate themselves lower than they are becasue they aren't used to their face and assume everyone can see the flaws they have or think they do.