• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Why don't people talk about their genetics?

maximus1

Regular
People will ask if they're ugly, why am I ugly, talk about their face etc. But they rarely mention their parents. Parents are your looks. Simple as that.

modified

hairloss expert
Neither of my parents have jaw growth abnormalities. There is little to be gained from talking about my parents. My mom is quite good looking. She gets compliments everywhere she goes her whole life.

Amnesia

Just be pretty, they said
Bukowskis #2 fan said:
Not always

Some MMs have average parents, luck is a lot of it.

Legit, it comes down to how well you develop during critical stages. Hormone levels, proper nutrient intake, posture, etc.

You can have the best flower seeds in the world, but if they don't get enough sunlight, minerals in the soil, water, etc they won't grow at all. Genetics are just the blueprint potential, but there are a lot of other factors.

Anakind

Champion
maximus1 said:
People will ask if they're ugly, why am I ugly, talk about their face etc. But they rarely mention their parents. Parents are your looks. Simple as that.

Have you spent the last year on the dark side of the Moon? Most guys here aren't ugly.

modified

hairloss expert
Amnesia said:
Bukowskis #2 fan said:
Not always

Legit, it comes down to how well you develop during critical stages. Hormone levels, proper nutrient intake, posture, etc.

You can have the best flower seeds in the world, but if they don't get enough sunlight, minerals in the soil, water, etc they won't grow at all. Genetics are just the blueprint potential, but there are a lot of other factors.

Bullshit. It's just random chance. If it was environmental we wouldn't see male models' siblings so often looking like shit. They all grow up in the same house. Same food same environment.

maximus1

Regular
Bukowskis #2 fan said:
Not always

His parents are tall. He's tall. His parents have slightly protruding ears. So does chico. His dad is balding. Supposedly Chico is balding. More of what I see is that people just assume that since a man is bald or overweight, that he has average or ugly genes, which isn't always the case as those things only come later in life.

Anakind

Champion
modified said:
Bullshit. It's just random chance. If it was environmental we wouldn't see male models' siblings so often looking like shit. They all grow up in the same house. Same food same environment.

What the fuck do you think random chance is?

Ascent_II

Machine
Being GL is a mixture of getting a good genetic recombination and having a reasonably good development during critical stages. 

Nozka has ugly parents but he's ridiculously handsome. Why? Genetic recomb. and good environment. Simple as that. Genetics alone are not the entire picture, despite being almost entirely responsible.

IncelRa

Joke
modified said:
Neither of my parents have jaw growth abnormalities. There is little to be gained from talking about my parents. My mom is quite good looking. She gets compliments everywhere she goes her whole life.

Well its fault of your parents in this scenario too , neglecting your habbits , nutrition etc.

maximus1

Regular
Ascent_II said:
Being GL is a mixture of getting a good genetic recombination and having a reasonably good development during critical stages. 

Nozka has ugly parents but he's ridiculously handsome. Why? Genetic recomb. and good environment. Simple as that. Genetics alone are not the entire picture, despite being almost entirely responsible.

This guy looks very much like his father considering his height, eye area and nose.

Ascent_II

Machine
maximus1 said:
Ascent_II said:

This guy looks very much like his father considering his height, eye area and nose.

Height, yes.

Eye area, nose? Not even close.