• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

What's a good bent-over row and how much do you guys row?

ThePolygamist

Rotter
Joined
Jul 19, 2015
Messages
4,574
Reputation
250
i row 165 for 5x5
i would say a great row is 225
only seen 2 guys do that and they had 405 squats as natty and had been lifting for 5+ years
 

ThePolygamist

Rotter
Joined
Jul 19, 2015
Messages
4,574
Reputation
250
6ft4 said:
In my gym theres a raised bench that you lie on (flat on stomach) and row the bar upwards
Much better than regular rows imo, fucked up my back too many times trying to row bent over

do you ever deadlift?
never had problems rowing at all, i think its probably one of the safest exercise
 

Aparat

Regular
Joined
Sep 30, 2015
Messages
1,787
Reputation
2
ThePolygamist said:
i row 165 for 5x5
i would say a great row is 225
only seen 2 guys do that and they had 405 squats as natty and had been lifting for 5+ years

How would height factor in?
 

Aparat

Regular
Joined
Sep 30, 2015
Messages
1,787
Reputation
2
6ft4 said:
In my gym theres a raised bench that you lie on (flat on stomach) and row the bar upwards
Much better than regular rows imo, fucked up my back too many times trying to row bent over

How? I keep my back steady - do you use momentum or something?
 

ThePolygamist

Rotter
Joined
Jul 19, 2015
Messages
4,574
Reputation
250
Aparat said:
ThePolygamist said:
i row 165 for 5x5
i would say a great row is 225
only seen 2 guys do that and they had 405 squats as natty and had been lifting for 5+ years

How would height factor in?

doesnt factor much really
its arm length that matters, the shorter the better
i have fairly long arms and it hasnt made rowing hard for me
 

Aparat

Regular
Joined
Sep 30, 2015
Messages
1,787
Reputation
2
Dan said:
265 for reps with strict form. Anything above 225 for reps is good.

How likely is 300lb, no momentum pause on top for reps? Can it be achieved naturally?
 

ThePolygamist

Rotter
Joined
Jul 19, 2015
Messages
4,574
Reputation
250
Aparat said:
Dan said:
265 for reps with strict form. Anything above 225 for reps is good.

How likely is 300lb, no momentum pause on top for reps? Can it be achieved naturally?

lol no
unless you deadlift something like 300KG which is near impossible for most nattys
 

Jawanomics

PSL Hall of Fame
Joined
Jul 6, 2015
Messages
20,067
Reputation
4,604
I never do them and just use a machine...but it would probably be my best exercise.
 

Aparat

Regular
Joined
Sep 30, 2015
Messages
1,787
Reputation
2
Dan said:
Aparat said:
How likely is 300lb, no momentum pause on top for reps? Can it be achieved naturally?

Dunno, maybe it's possible by somebody who is naturally really strong but I don't know about clean reps with a pause, there would probably be some momentum and straps involved at least.

I know it's mostly a back exercise, but from your experience, how much would an inch in arms up your rows?
 
Top