What percentage body fat should I have for optimum SHGB

and give me an example picture of a person with that percentage so I know what to shoot for

I know fat men aromatase more test into estrogen but I never heard of fat and SHBG, wouldn't you just rather shoot for an ideal body regardless of SHBG?

If I have to take a guess, 7-12% bodyfat is most functional for a male, so that probably holds the ideal hormonal balance.

IcedEarth

Slayer
Machiavellian said:
I know fat men aromatase more test into estrogen but I never heard of fat and SHBG, wouldn't you just rather shoot for an ideal body regardless of SHBG?

If I have to take a guess, 7-12% bodyfat is most functional for a male, so that probably holds the ideal hormonal balance.
shbg is mostly genetic like androgen receptor count

I think I read a post somewhere about low body at being linked to high SHGB, I think it was an is he natty post, I don't quite remember

IcedEarth

Slayer
Ceaselessly said:
I think I read a post somewhere about low body at being linked to high SHGB, I think it was an is he natty post, I don't quite remember
I think you'd find guys with all sorts of shbg's and body types, but I will check it, brb
[hr]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_hormone-binding_globulin

SHBG is produced mostly by the liver and is released into the bloodstream. Other sites that produce SHBG include the brain, uterus, testes, and placenta.[5] Testes-produced SHBG is called androgen-binding protein.
SHBG has both enhancing and inhibiting hormonal influences. It decreases with high levels of insulin, growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), androgens, prolactin and transcortin. High estrogen, and thyroxine cause it to increase.

In an effort to explain obesity-related reductions in SHBG, recent evidence suggests sugar or monosaccharide-induced hepatic lipogenesis, hepatic lipids in general, and cytokines like TNF-alpha and Interleukin reduce SHBG, whereas insulin does not. As an example anti-psoriatic drugs that inhibit TNF-alpha cause an increase in SHBG. The common downstream mechanism for all of these, including the effect of thyroid hormones[13] was downregulation of HNF4, hepatocyte nuclear factor 4
so I checked the gene mentioned

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatocyte_nuclear_factor_4_alpha

Mutations in this gene have been associated with monogenic autosomal dominant non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus type I.[3] Recently, the Clinical Proteomic Tumor Analysis Consortium identified increased amplification of Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 alpha in colorectal cancer.[6]
so what you need is to have a healthy liver and don't be diabetic

which means low GI carbs, high protein, low fat diet (not shit low just 20%)