What makes a face beautiful - academic studies

Jh2018

Cuck
kenrow131 said:
Helpful thread! Going to bring this to my plastic surgeon. I have some more questions!

How can I send a PM to Helisa and BlueBalls? It wont let me.

I want to find out what surgeries I would need to Looksmax. I have the money, just need to know which ones I really need. Already did a rhino, shaved off an inch from my beak-nose.

Going for chin next, dont know if I should get implants or osteomety.

I wouldnt mind becoming Lookism's experiment. I think I have a solid 4/5 PSL foundation, and can get to 7 PSL facially after all the surgeries. 

I just need to find out which surgeries I need to get.

How do I figure out which surgeries I need?
You need 50 posts before you can private message, not sure if this is true or not as I'm not quite at 50 posts yet, but this is what I've heard multiple times from members. 

Open a new thread and put in an imgur link with spaces in between the letters if it won't let you post direct link so we can let you know which surgeries to get. Do you have the funds for it anyway? 

I'd be happy to make some suggestions on what I believe areas are that you could improve aesthetically are.

Jh2018 said:
headsupdisplay said:
well you got the chin thing right
idk if anyone rly knows what "hunter eyes" are
Hunter eyes are easily definable!! The medial canthus will tilt downwards while the outer corner will point upwards. This is slight though, too much of this will result in a severe and strange cat eye look. Moderation in everything. Also the eye should be horizontally long, and not too vertically long as this will create a rounded look. 

Very small eyelid space, or even slightly hooded eye area is good on men. Rufus Sewell has too much of a rounded eye with too much eyelid space showing, which detracts from his looks imo. 

See for example the Bratz dolls (and Barbie dolls too, to a lesser extent), they have eyes with inner corners pointing downwards and outer corners pointing upwards. They're an exaggerated example of showing beauty ideals. 

Jared Leto is considered attractive despite having round eyes rather than hunter eyes, but there are other things that can make a face attractive/make eyes pretty other than just having hunter eyes. Hunter eyes are still probably the ideal though.
ok so
-palpebral fissure length (PBL)
-positive canthal tilt
-possibly a downturned medial canthus
-hooded eyes

I guess there's no need for a brow ridge then. But each of these features is independant of the others. There is no point calling a GROUP of physical traits anything. From the questions I have asked girls, a positive canthal tilt is better than a negative one, and possibly better than a neutral tilt. Whether how horizontally long the eye is matters is unknown to me, especially since idk how long anyone's eyes are, but extremes in either direction are most likely non ideal. I highly doubt that downturned medial canthi are an improvement. I also have never seen any mention of hooded eyes in a positive way from a woman either, even though I asked. Most men have some hooding anyway.

It's not like there is the "hunter eye" look and the "beta/cuck/whatever eye" look. Eyes have individual characteristics and they should be treated as individuals.

surprising how there is no mention of a low vertical palpebral aperture (V.PA), which actually DOES affect how feminine the eyes look

Jh2018

Cuck
[hr]
headsupdisplay said:
Jh2018 said:
Hunter eyes are easily definable!! The medial canthus will tilt downwards while the outer corner will point upwards. This is slight though, too much of this will result in a severe and strange cat eye look. Moderation in everything. Also the eye should be horizontally long, and not too vertically long as this will create a rounded look. 

Very small eyelid space, or even slightly hooded eye area is good on men. Rufus Sewell has too much of a rounded eye with too much eyelid space showing, which detracts from his looks imo. 

See for example the Bratz dolls (and Barbie dolls too, to a lesser extent), they have eyes with inner corners pointing downwards and outer corners pointing upwards. They're an exaggerated example of showing beauty ideals. 

Jared Leto is considered attractive despite having round eyes rather than hunter eyes, but there are other things that can make a face attractive/make eyes pretty other than just having hunter eyes. Hunter eyes are still probably the ideal though.
ok so
-positive canthal tilt
-hooded eyes

I guess there's no need for a brow ridge then. But each of these features is independant of the others. There is no point calling a GROUP of physical traits anything. From the questions I have asked girls, a positive canthal tilt is better than a negative one, and possibly better than a neutral tilt. Whether how horizontally long the eye is matters is unknown to me, especially since idk how long anyone's eyes are, but extremes in either direction are most likely non ideal. I highly doubt that downturned medial canthi are an improvement. I also have never seen any mention of hooded eyes in a positive way from a woman either, even though I asked. Most men have some hooding anyway.

It's not like there is the "hunter eye" look and the "beta/cuck/whatever eye" look. Eyes have individual characteristics and they should be treated as individuals.

surprising how there is no mention of a low vertical palpebral aperture (V.PA), which actually DOES affect how feminine the eyes look
ASKIng women is useless, most people can tell which face is attractive and which isn’t but don’t have any clue what an “ogee curve” or “fwhr” or what aspects of a mouth make it aesthetic/vs not. 

There are clear examples of why a downturned inner corner are best. I mean slightly, not extremely.

Yes horizontally long eyes are considered hotter. All the guys here who are considered God tier looks have horizontally long eyes and not round eyes. See Gandy (horizontally big eyes) or any MM vs Jared Leto’s (round - round eyes have to be vertically long and horizontally short that is their definition - therefore bad) eyes.  How are you a super posted here without even knowing that? 

Oh sorry the brow bone still matters, should be deeper nad more prominent in men than in women to give a strong masculine look.

Jh2018 said:
[hr]
headsupdisplay said:
ok so
-positive canthal tilt
-hooded eyes

ASKIng women is useless, most people can tell which face is attractive and which isn’t but don’t have any clue what an “ogee curve” or “fwhr” or what aspects of a mouth make it aesthetic/vs not. 

There are clear examples of why a downturned inner corner are best. I mean slightly, not extremely.

Yes horizontally long eyes are considered hotter. All the guys here who are considered God tier looks have horizontally long eyes and not round eyes. See Gandy (horizontally big eyes) or any MM vs Jared Leto’s (round - round eyes have to be vertically long and horizontally short that is their definition - therefore bad) eyes.  How are you a super posted here without even knowing that? 

Oh sorry the brow bone still matters, should be deeper nad more prominent in men than in women to give a strong masculine look.
key word, "here", it doesn't mean that women actively look for men with that trait. And as for the mm thing, Victoria's Secret exclusively hires models over 5'9, but that doesn't mean all men prefer really tall women. Modeling agencies can select for traits that aren't necessarily attractive, as long as they give the "look" that they want. I am open to the possibility of long PFLs being preffered but I'd need some evidence.

Again, if you have clear examples of how women prefer downturned medial canthi to a more typical one, I'm all ears (or eyes)

You would think women would have an automatic sense of what makes a mouth attractive in a man, since they are literally biologically programmed to be able to do so. If lookism says one thing, and women say another, lookism is wrong AUTOMATICALLY just by the very nature of the subject matter. FWHR is stupid and a waste of everyone's time. And even I just recently heard of an ogee curve, and since it just looks like a dumb way to describe the morphology of the cheekbones, it is stupid too (it's like saying that your boobs should droop slightly from their weight INSTEAD of saying you should have big boobs, just address the problem directly)

the girl I asked did specifically mention the canthal tilt. She even brought it up herself. But she has been on psl before

I thought Chris Carmack was god tier here, he doesn't have a long PFL. Pretty sure Chico doesn't either.

Jh2018

Cuck
Yeah I agree, ogee curve is just a word to describe how your face will look from the side if you have good prominent cheekbones. Really, we should just be talking about "cheekbones" as ogee curve is a very specific word use to describe the curved appearance having a cheekbone will create. 

"I thought Chris Carmack was god tier here, he doesn't have a long PFL. Pretty sure Chico doesn't either."

Yes men don't want the tallest girls, the modelling industry wants the tallest girls.

You asked ONE girl, so therefore the canthal tilt theory is completely wrong? People in general don't understand the components on beauty, someone on these forums has a better idea, but they still aren't experts who know everything about it. Asking girls what componens of a face wont' help, people who've studied beauty have a better idea. Girls will jsut know which overall face they prefer, they don't know how to break it down into the tiny mm of a man's face. 

Chris Carmack has vertically short, horizontally long eyes with very small eyelid space showing. His inner corner is slightly downturned, not very much. His canthal tilt is neutral, but the outer corner of his eye is slightly higher than the inner corner of his eye - another important aspect of an attractive eye. They're not round eyes. They're pretty much have got most of the aspects of "hunter eyes". 

Francisco "Chico" DOES have a downturned inner corner. I'll draw a diagram for you since you don't understand. 

What I meant is that the ideal eye has a slightly downturned inner corner, and a slightly positive medial canthal tilt. You can have attractive eyes that have a neutral inner corner, and a neutral canthal tilt. 

You can have only SOME of those aspects, and still have an attractive face overall and attractive eyes. You don't need to have every single one of those aspects. 

With a negative canthal tilt will be harder to be attractive, but if other aspects of the eye is good then the eye will be attractive overall. 

I've shown you a diagram to try to explain better: WIth the line I've put through the eye, you can see that the outer corner of the eye is higher than the inner corner if you draw a straight line through the eye. This is waht is meant by positive canthal tilt, and this pic also shows that his medial canthi is clearly slightly downturned.

In the attractive men's eyes: Chico and Chris Hemsworth, the medial canthi is slightly downturned, it is slightly lower than their lower eyelid (it can be neutral to the bottom of the eyelid and still be attractive though) which is the meaning of a downturned inner eye corner. You can also see that the outer corner of their eyes is clearly higher up than the inner corner (positive canthal tilt). This is all it means, what did you think it meant? It doesn't mean the inner corner of the eye is extremely downtured, just slightly. 

In the unattractive eye space, the inner corner of the eye is much higher than the bottom of the lower eyelid, meaning the inner corner definitely is not downturned. 
He also doesn't have a positive canthal tilt at all.

Jh2018 said:
Yeah I agree, ogee curve is just a word to describe how your face will look from the side if you have good prominent cheekbones. Really, we should just be talking about "cheekbones" as ogee curve is a very specific word use to describe the curved appearance having a cheekbone will create. 

"I thought Chris Carmack was god tier here, he doesn't have a long PFL. Pretty sure Chico doesn't either."

Yes men don't want the tallest girls, the modelling industry wants the tallest girls.

You asked ONE girl, so therefore the canthal tilt theory is completely wrong? People in general don't understand the components on beauty, someone on these forums has a better idea, but they still aren't experts who know everything about it. Asking girls what componens of a face wont' help, people who've studied beauty have a better idea. Girls will jsut know which overall face they prefer, they don't know how to break it down into the tiny mm of a man's face. 

Chris Carmack has vertically short, horizontally long eyes with very small eyelid space showing. His inner corner is slightly downturned, not very much. His canthal tilt is neutral, but the outer corner of his eye is slightly higher than the inner corner of his eye - another important aspect of an attractive eye. They're not round eyes. They're pretty much have got most of the aspects of "hunter eyes". 

Francisco "Chico" DOES have a downturned inner corner. I'll draw a diagram for you since you don't understand. 

What I meant is that the ideal eye has a slightly downturned inner corner, and a slightly positive medial canthal tilt. You can have attractive eyes that have a neutral inner corner, and a neutral canthal tilt. 

You can have only SOME of those aspects, and still have an attractive face overall and attractive eyes. You don't need to have every single one of those aspects. 

With a negative canthal tilt will be harder to be attractive, but if other aspects of the eye is good then the eye will be attractive overall. 

I've shown you a diagram to try to explain better: WIth the line I've put through the eye, you can see that the outer corner of the eye is higher than the inner corner if you draw a straight line through the eye. This is waht is meant by positive canthal tilt, and this pic also shows that his medial canthi is clearly slightly downturned.

In the attractive men's eyes: Chico and Chris Hemsworth, the medial canthi is slightly downturned, it is slightly lower than their lower eyelid (it can be neutral to the bottom of the eyelid and still be attractive though) which is the meaning of a downturned inner eye corner. You can also see that the outer corner of their eyes is clearly higher up than the inner corner (positive canthal tilt). This is all it means, what did you think it meant? It doesn't mean the inner corner of the eye is extremely downtured, just slightly. 

In the unattractive eye space, the inner corner of the eye is much higher than the bottom of the lower eyelid, meaning the inner corner definitely is not downturned. 
He also doesn't have a positive canthal tilt at all.
huh. So a downturned medial canthus just produces a positive canthal tilt? I honestly thought it was a separate trait, with the canthus having an apparent swooping curve to it, like with Atesh Salih

but now that I'm looking at it more I don't see how it is much different from somone like Pedro Perestrello

but then again, Andreas Erikson exists. Honestly I can't tell anymore now that u said that

if it is just the positive tilt, then I guess we agree

You may be right about whether women actually know why they like or don't like a face. I tried to show them multiple different men to look for trends, and compare similar men who have different variations of a trait as well. For what it's worth, they all agreed that Matt LeMond is good looking in pretty much every way EXCEPT for one

so I assumed that we could all see the same things.

I also don't understand how there can be rules that govern the attractiveness women feel towards men, but women are so oblivious towards them that they literally don't follow the rules in a way I can keep track of. If something matters, I should be able to see that it matters. I should be able to see that women like, say, hooded eyes, in the same way that I should be able to see a preference for height in men.

The thing I don't like about hunter eyes is that the criteria change a lot. There are too many properties that go into the "hunter eye" look, and each has different degrees of extremes, so it is ultimately meaningless to try and describe eyes as such. If we took the time to explain and understand each individual feature we would get a lot further.

You can be attractive without having any one individual idealistically attractive trait. To say that you don't "need" something is meaningless since you technically don't "need" anything to be attractive. Looks is more of a gotta catch em all type of game, the more you have the better you are. As long as something makes an objective improvement to your looks it should be considered. If something can TRULY not be present without making you look objectively WORSE, it wasn't important in the first place.

If Chico's eyes are considered positively tilted, and if your eyes are fine in the hooding department as long as you're not Rufus Sewell, then pretty much everyone and their mother has hooded eyes and positive tilt. There is a difference between a preference for average levels of tilt and hooding and an extreme preference, and the problem comes when/if women start wanting eyes like Pedro's or Atesh's over eyes like Marlon Teixeira's, who while are still positive, are less so, and therefore would be less attractive

or if all of their eyes are objectively worse in a woman's personal, honest opinion (not what researchers SAY is true but what is actually driving their selection) because they aren't as extremely hooded as Jordan Barrett's

[hr]
yeah the more i look at it the more canthal tilt and how downturned the canthi are seem like the same thing
i guess i was just being stupid this whole time XD

cruis3r

Incel
>uk study

lmao trusting the ugliest people in europe to tell you what is attractive

bhagavathireddy

Subhuman
It is fairly dark still towards the end (killer is pretty much never lit at any point in the film.
But here it is in HD (watch the openload server) it helps a good deal.

crapportcharles

Subhuman
Can someone tell me what facial features, characteristics, bones, muscles, skull composition makes up a SLAYER face? I want to know every single detail that makes a slayer a slayer starting from the hairline to the neck. I would like to know every single ratio, scientific name, position, and detail in the male face/head that is associated with slayers(9+).

crapportcharles said:
Can someone tell me what facial features, characteristics, bones, muscles, skull composition makes up a SLAYER face? I want to know every single detail that makes a slayer a slayer starting from the hairline to the neck. I would like to know every single ratio, scientific name, position, and detail in the male face/head that is associated with slayers(9+).
you will never belong to the top 20%

https://lookism.net/Thread-Red-Pill-Daily-reminder-that-you-overestimate-your-looks

heilsa

Slayer

Jasons

Incel
Not a single one of those composites looks attractive to me. All I can say about them is that they're quite aesthetically innocuous and certainly "not ugly." But as for being some kind of benchmark in beauty - well this is pretty much why people don't get out measuring equipment to figure out if they find someone attractive or not. None of those faces have any kind of soul or uniqueness. 

One thing I've learned over the years (in my 40's now) is that "perfection" is not sexually attractive in the slightest. It's aesthetically pleasing - a totally different thing. To be sexually attractive, you need imperfections to give you character. Whether it be a slight gap between your front teeth, or a slightly wonky nose, or a misaligned smile - these imperfections are what draw people in, believe me. 

The media has a very bland idea of beauty. If I Google Image "beautiful faces" for instance, I can scroll down the results for a good 5 minutes before I find one which stops me in my tracks. The rest are the usual parade of homogeneous blandos like the composites shown in this thread. No character or soul at all. 

And let's also not forget genetics when it comes to human attraction. Another thing I've learned over the years with my own experiences of sexual attraction is that you tend to look for people who have subtle genetic similarities to you. Not too many similarities - that would bring with it the risk of recessive genes and deformities when reproducing (see: incest), but just enough to show that your genes are a good match. From what I understand (after reading Dawkins' books many years ago), the genes for outward physical traits like facial features normally come along with a whole bunch of other genes associated with them but which aren't outwardly visible. So if someone shares the same eyes as you, there's a chance you share certain other, hidden genes as well. When you see someone who's attractive but who also has a slight genetic similarity in some way, that's the kind of attraction that makes you giddy at the knees. 

As an example, when I was a 7/8 I was absolutely smitten with a Austrian child actress called Katia Polletin who starred in a popular kid's TV program. She was uniquely beautiful, with insanely pretty eyes and a stunning smile. But there was something else, some "je ne sais quoi" feeling of familiarity which drew me in. Revisiting the show again as an adult a few years ago, it struck me that the reason I was so giddy at the knees over this girl was because the way her brow bone curves around the outer edge of the eye (and gives it a crease) reminds me quite a lot of eyes on my father's side of the family. That's about the only similarity, and you wouldn't look at her and say she looks like me - it's a subtle visual hook which draws you in, that's all. 

My point is that these scientifically derived composite images of the "perfect face" are nothing more than a meaningless mish mash of everyone's tastes. It's like announcing that you've found the "most tasty food to humans" by surveying everyone's food preferences and then putting a lump of unremarkable looking food on a plate and saying "here it is, the world's tastiest food." So would it really be the tastiest food possible? Very unlikely. What about a statistic like "the average age of everyone on Earth." What would that tell you about the age of any one person? Nothing. 

I very rarely hear about the genetic element of sexual attraction but that's a shame because it's definitely a thing. I have hooded eyes with a crease and when I see a woman with same and she's otherwise pretty, I go NUTS over her. The other day I was looking at couples I know on Facebook and I was really struck by how similar a lot of them look to each other. Similar eyes, similar bone structure, that sort of thing. They were looking out for each other's genes. Scientifically/statistically derived ideas of "beauty" are absolutely pointless for this reason.

axorr

Incel
Absolutely BULLSHIT regarding folds / wrinkles. Yes, in female face they are not attractive.

But in male face, they are a sign of high - masculinity , high T, perceived aggression.

No one wants to fuck a virgin looking face boy, but a male beast. So get out from your heads the no wrinkles / no nasolabial folds trick, that is one big pharma / fillers and botox scam that you guys bought for joy and pubes.

Needed savagery regarding wrinkles & NL ' s : https://lookism.net/Thread-Red-Pill...active-turn-off-Really?pid=3832430#pid3832430

I`ve asked 20 different girls and 17 said that wrinkles on men are H O T

Yes boyos, H O T , wet - giving - pussy - juice - bringing. It`s not the Bieber babies who get the pussy but the badass Daddies who juice the juice. If you are an A you know it.

Want a face like Bieber or want a face like Hugh Jackman ? get foken real

Get your "red pill" outta your arse and get on with reality. Wrinkles on men are sex.

Focus on your neck / muscles / jaw / hair / beard / frame / aggression and weight. But hope for wrinkles, as they will make you look tuff and fuckable and wild.

Jasons

Incel
axorr said:
Absolutely BULLSHIT regarding folds / wrinkles. Yes, in female face they are not attractive.

But in male face, they are a sign of high - masculinity , high T, perceived aggression.

No one wants to fuck a virgin looking face boy, but a male beast. So get out from your heads the no wrinkles / no nasolabial folds trick, that is one big pharma / fillers and botox scam that you guys bought for joy and pubes.

Needed savagery regarding wrinkles & NL ' s : https://lookism.net/Thread-Red-Pill...active-turn-off-Really?pid=3832430#pid3832430

I`ve asked 20 different girls and 17 said that wrinkles on men are H O T

Yes boyos, H O T , wet - giving - pussy - juice - bringing. It`s not the Bieber babies who get the pussy but the badass Daddies who juice the juice. If you are an A you know it.

Want a face like Bieber or want a face like Hugh Jackman ? get foken real

Get your "red pill" outta your arse and get on with reality. Wrinkles on men are sex.

Focus on your neck / muscles / jaw / hair / beard / frame / aggression and weight. But hope for wrinkles, as they will make you look tuff and fuckable and wild.
I agree. The perfect boyish fresh-faced smooth skin look gets tween girls hot, not adult women. 

Men are lucky in that the older "weathered" look is considered almost universally attractive by women, whereas the same cannot be said for the older look in women. I myself find mature women sexy - I've even seen 60 year old hotties - but I'm probably in a minority. 

If you don't have crow's feet when you smile then just lol. You clearly look about 8 years old. 

I have very sturdy bone structure, especially around the cheekbones, and along with low body fat it's starting to give my face quite a topography. Creases develop around the contours of the face and along the edges of the various fat pads. They get more pronounced as I get older. It definitely gives you a gritty, dangerous look which many women love. I also have quite pronounced tear duct troughs and have had them since I was a teen. I used to hate them and my mother would say "don't be silly, they give you character." I now know she was right. I see many GL guys like O'Pry have them as well.

axorr

Incel
I had these 17'olds girls hitting on me and I am 26, they said they love the mature look. So it might be even under 17 that girls love fresh-boyo-bieber look, even the 17`olds are wanting wild-cock

Tear duct troughs ? Nordics have tear duct troughts from childhood, genetically, and they are considered the most attractive race of them all. So why are tear duct troughts a problem ? tell you why :

BOTOX INDUSTRY

Take a look, this guy was voted THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE a few times and I know chicks that would commit suicide to fuck him, thake a fucking look at his face and eyes : 

Tear duct troughs ? Wrinkles ? Nasolabial Folds ? This man looks like a BEAST

He would fuck 2 cities without lifting a finger.

So fuck up with your "baby face" theory outta here, we do not want to impress 7 year olds.

rickfoley

Incel
Stereo said:
Br0sk1 said:
FWHR is more about facial shortness than width per se.
that's a flawed way to look at it. fwhr only matters practically in the real world as a measure of attractiveness, hormonal profile, etc if it is assumed that the skull is not a short face potato cuck.

a lot of coping studies have been done by (((scientists))) like this:

when the real comparison should be represented this way:
brutal

crapportcharles

Subhuman
What is the formula for a god tier midface and eye area? Someone please respond with actual answers and not shit talk. Thank you.

FMondego

C'est de quoi j'ai le plus de peur que la peur
Birds
View attachment 26355
Looks like night and day, no wonder why Adam Lanza did what he did.
Looking like an energetic extrovert is ideal, and if you don't people will use their intuition to think all sort of negative qualities only from your face features.
View attachment 26359
From top to bottom: Competence, dominance, extroversion and trustworthyness.
left side is the lowest of each category.
What do you look like?

The royal society has found finally found a link to fetal testosterone exposure and facial masculinization. This long time study measured the prenatal testosterone of many Caucasian men and women, and then took photos of their faces, converted them to 3D models, and using a software analyzed them and found out that prenatal testosterone exposure is indeed correlated to masculine facial features (even more than pubertal testosterone.

Among the diphormism traits they losted: skin tone, IPD (wide set eyes are more masculine) chin prominence, eye size and beard growth.
View attachment 26707
Reminder this study was done specifically on Caucasian men so no ethnics.

View attachment 26708

No correlation was found between 2d:4d digit ratio and any of these traits.

mandibulum_imperat

strong mandible strong looks
what makes a face beautiful? forward growth (both jaw and zygos). legit for both genders

what makes a face masculine? lower third