Wellthatsucks

Off duty
It's been discovered recently that fillers don't disappear they just migrate to different areas

When we consider however that celebrities and Hollywood actors have been injecting for years, few of them have that bloated look which you would expect when fillers migrate everywhere.

What should we take from this?

@Surgerymax

Surgerymax

confirmed surgeon
It's been discovered recently that fillers don't disappear they just migrate to different areas

When we consider however that celebrities and Hollywood actors have been injecting for years, few of them have that bloated look which you would expect when fillers migrate everywhere.

@Surgerymax
Yes I saw that, great video and great doctor. There are atleast 20 reasons I don't like fillers.

They are good for filling soft tissue defects. But not for defined facial augmentation.

itsoverkillyourself

half vietnamese dark triad badboy
Over extended periods of time, fillers can actually stretch out the tissues under the skin, essentially accelerating the aging process “because those tissues aren’t going to bounce back the same way as you get older,” Park Avenue facial plastic surgeon Andrew Jacono explained to HuffPost.
New York-based cosmetic facial plastic surgeon Michelle Yagoda told HuffPost that once the filler is gone (whether absorbed back into the body or dissolved by a doctor), it leaves behind an enlarged space that requires more filler over time to stay inflated.

“Each time you put more filler in, the pocket expands more and it becomes a bigger pocket, so it needs more and more filler to keep it expanded,” Yagoda explained.

Just as fillers can move when they’re injected into the lips, they can also gravitate when injected into the cheeks and weigh the face down.

Filler in the cheek is great for someone who has a flat midface or somebody who doesn’t have very significant cheekbones,” Yagoda said, adding that putting filler in someone whose cheekbones are already defined pretty much just stretches out the underlying tissues.

“What people try to do, because they don’t get the same effect from one or two vials of filler, is that they try to fill the face so that the sagging is lifted, but then the face looks wider,” Jacono said, adding that people may start to look “distorted.”
“When the fillers go in, they don’t really support the face, they weigh the face down,” he said. “[People] start to look a little bit simian or monkey-like, because there’s too much filler that gravitates toward the mouth ... it kind of droops down from the upper part of the cheek.”

@Surgerymax What are your thoughts on dermal fillers with regards to reducing undereye darkness? There are many cases where this problem has nothing to do with infra-orbital recession, so typically fillers have been seen as the solution. Do you believe there is a better one?

Surgerymax

confirmed surgeon
@Surgerymax What are your thoughts on dermal fillers with regards to reducing undereye darkness? There are many cases where this problem has nothing to do with infra-orbital recession, so typically fillers have been seen as the solution. Do you believe there is a better one?
Fat, with its stem cells, would be more rejuvenating although riskier in the thin unforgiving under-eye skin. Filler can be helpful for some undereye lines although they will not work well on a nasojugal groove caused by tight orbicularis oculi adhesions because they cannot release the ligamentous defect.

A lot of undereye dark circles are actually hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone is probably the best place to start.

AsymmetryIsDeath

3/10 in Serbia
Staff member
Fat, with its stem cells, would be more rejuvenating although riskier in the thin unforgiving under-eye skin. Filler can be helpful for some undereye lines although they will not work well on a nasojugal groove caused by tight orbicularis oculi adhesions because they cannot release the ligamentous defect.

A lot of undereye dark circles are actually hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone is probably the best place to start.
yo i think mine might be hyper-pigmentation since the dark area moves if i move the skin. if it's from insomnia is hyperpigmentation what causes it?

where do i get hydroquinone

Surgerymax

confirmed surgeon
yo i think mine might be hyper-pigmentation since the dark area moves if i move the skin. if it's from insomnia is hyperpigmentation what causes it?

where do i get hydroquinone
Well if you have insomnia it’s always best to cure something’s root cause. Talk to your regular doctor about that.

Hydroquinone is available through prescription in most countries. As a cosmetic prescription it may be easy to obtain without one in some more relaxed places in the world. Not sure where you are.

currylife

Chad
Well if you have insomnia it’s always best to cure something’s root cause. Talk to your regular doctor about that.

Hydroquinone is available through prescription in most countries. As a cosmetic prescription it may be easy to obtain without one in some more relaxed places in the world. Not sure where you are.
bro still looking forward to the pm advice :)

AsymmetryIsDeath

3/10 in Serbia
Staff member

but can insomnia cause permanent hyperpigmentation?

Kyff

Subhuman
I have spent over 5000 euro on fillers over the years and I can say they did improve many parts of my face.
Especially chin, cheekbones, nasallabial folds and undereye. I also do want to say some fillers last longer than 12 months and can even permanently alter things in my experience. Like lip-stretching.

kpopmaxxer

한국여자 세상 제일 예뻐

@Surgerymax
that they are legit and life ascending for now. worry about looking ugly later

kpopmaxxer

한국여자 세상 제일 예뻐
I have spent over 5000 euro on fillers over the years and I can say they did improve many parts of my face.
Especially chin, cheekbones, nasallabial folds and undereye. I also do want to say some fillers last longer than 12 months and can even permanently alter things in my experience. Like lip-stretching.
is belotero legit 🤔 i was looking into getting velotoro volume on my cheeks but the fact its so much cheaper than brands like.juvederm makes me wonder of there is that much of a difference in performance even tho belotero is made by a big pharma firm

Sixpence

Cuck
Problem is for lower thirds and cheekbones, implants can be so shit. So if you dont get Jaw surgery, fillers are probably at least the next best