• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Warning: Pokemon GO is a Death Sentence if you are a Black Man.

:lmfao:

Fuark. Article sounds like it was written by @Invisible.

I spent less than 20 minutes outside. Five of those minutes were spent enjoying the game. One of those minutes I spent trying to look as pleasant and nonthreatening as possible as I walked past a somewhat visibly disturbed white woman on her way to the bus stop. I spent the other 14 minutes being distracted from the game by thoughts of the countless Black Men who have had the police called on them because they looked “suspicious” or wondering what a second amendment exercising individual might do if I walked past their window a 3rd or 4th time in search of a Jigglypuff.

When my brain started combining the complexity of being Black in America with the real world proposal of wandering and exploration that is designed into the gamplay of Pokemon GO, there was only one conclusion. I might die if I keep playing.

Whole article is funny.

Danny the chav

Champion
Can somebody explain wtf pokemon go is, i just heard of it yesterday. I heard its linked wIth real life or sokething

Danny the chav said:
Can somebody explain wtf pokemon go is, i just heard of it yesterday. I heard its linked wIth real life or sokething

You walk around trying to find pokemons whats there not to get? Apparently it uses the camera function or something.

Danny the chav

Champion
Bondi beach said:
Danny the chav said:

You walk around trying to find pokemons whats there not to get? Apparently it uses the camera function or something.

What do you mean "trying to find pokemons", are pokemon virtualy scattered throught the world or something lol

Danny the chav said:
Bondi beach said:

What do you mean "trying to find pokemons", are pokemon virtualy scattered throught the world or something lol

It seems to use a GPS-like system and the Pokemon stick to several locations or something.

Danny the chav

Champion
Bondi beach said:
Danny the chav said:

It seems to use a GPS-like system and the Pokemon stick to several locations or something.

I see

LordSUPER

Banned
[font=helvetica, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Omari Akil has called the game “a death sentence if you are a black man,” and as awful as the implications of this are, Akil’s comments are certainly a warning that bear repeating for anyone who might be in danger.[/font]

[font=helvetica, verdana, arial, sans-serif]According to Akil, the behavior that Pokémon GOencourages, such as walking around in unusual patterns in unfamiliar neighborhoods, may lead residents to believe that young black players of the game are doing something suspicious. Akil argues that there is a ‘statistically disproportionate’ chance that the cops might be called, and a similar chance that the player might not be given the benefit of the doubt while reaching into their pocket for their phone or other identification.[/font]

...[font=helvetica, verdana, arial, sans-serif]it’s vitally important to repeat Akil’s warning: black players of the game should take extra care when exploring the world in search of new Pokémon.[/font]
[font=helvetica, verdana, arial, sans-serif]source: http://screenrant.com/pokemon-go-dangers/?view=all[/font]