'Trophy wife' stereotype is largely a myth, new study shows

lltvyr

Slayer
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140617164330.htm

"Beautiful women are unlikely to leverage their looks to secure upward mobility by marriage. So, on average, high-status men do have better-looking wives, but this is because they themselves are considered better looking--perhaps because they are less likely to be overweight and more likely to afford braces, nice clothes and trips to the dermatologist, etc. Secondly, the strongest force by far in partner selection is similarity -- in education, race, religion and physical attractiveness."

Anakind

King of Chads
lltvyr said:
"Beautiful women are unlikely to leverage their looks to secure upward mobility by marriage. So, on average, high-status men do have better-looking wives, but this is because they themselves are considered better looking--perhaps because they are less likely to be overweight and more likely to afford braces, nice clothes and trips to the dermatologist, etc. Secondly, the strongest force by far in partner selection is similarity -- in education, race, religion and physical attractiveness."
Or maybe it's b/c good-looking people don't have fucked up teeth and skin in the first place. :lol:

chadD24

Slayer
ive been saying this for a while. most hot girls dont give a shit about dating a rich if hes not attractive. the average women places L first THEN M 90% of the time in the LMS equation. status is obviously last. a good looking rich man wont be judged based on his social circle while a rich man with lots of friends/high status will still get cucked if his looks/dick isnt up to par

lltvyr

Slayer
Status just helps you play the number game. That's the only thing it gives you and it of course matters. You just make friends with new people every day, if you're famous and some of them will match with your looks.

rigidity

Slayer
lltvyr said:
Status just helps you play the number game. That's the only thing it gives you and it of course matters. You just make friends with new people every day, if you're famous and some of them will match with your looks.
It also increases your odds if you work it properly.    Mismatched couples do exist and usually the more attractive one is just lacking in options at the moment, uses the other one for money (it happens, regardless of what this study says), or has some kind of mental disorder that affects their social functioning.
[hr]
heilsa said:
its pretty much game over for ugly people
Ugly goes with ugly.  Matching is mostly a law.   It's time to stop caring.

rigidity

Slayer
RodgerRabbit said:
So it's down to LS then. 

Yeah, you wouldn't want a partner "attracted"  to your money, anyway.   Those are the nastiest of women.

modified

hairloss expert
lltvyr said:

Beautiful. Says exactly what I already knew. I'm rich and can't get a trophy girlfriend to save my life. Doesn't exist.

White God

Normie
lltvyr said:

Phenotype matching.

springfield

Banned
lol wut

trophy wives happen all the time. denying the idea that women don't date men for money is the ultimate cope.

lono

Banned
modified said:
lltvyr said:

Beautiful. Says exactly what I already knew. I'm rich and can't get a trophy girlfriend to save my life. Doesn't exist.
you have to flaunt it

modified

hairloss expert
Money only counts if you're a millionaire or billionaire (ie. top 0.1%). Being top 1% looks means you'll get anything you want from women in your life. Being top 1% money means you're still an incel posting on lookism.

There's minimal help from it.

Flaunting it doesn't help either. No one looks at my watch. My car sits in the parking lot. My clothes don't look that good on me no matter how much I spend on them. etc.

rigidity

Slayer
You have no idea how to flaunt your money because you're a social retard, modified.

modified

hairloss expert
rigidity said:
You have no idea how to flaunt your money because you're a social retard, modified.
I'm actually socially normal. I've had lots of friends my whole life. I'm just unattractive. If my face hadn't gotten fucked up in puberty I never would have ended up here.

SAD

Normie
springfield said:
lol wut

trophy wives happen all the time. denying the idea that women don't date men for money is the ultimate cope.
THIS