• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

those who suffer it is because of your mental state

Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
4,257
Reputation
727
discord within ourselves is the cause of suffering. to be happy you need to radiate with God's light. 


my new goal in life is to become a good person who embodies compassion and reason. 


The most important time of all is the present. The most important people in the world are those engaging with you at any given time. The best thing you can do is to treat them with kindness and hospitality. 


This is the true path to a lifetime of happiness.
 
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
4,257
Reputation
727
I hope someday you all can reach this understanding before it's too late.
 

kunikus

Can you remember a single op from this guy
Joined
Jul 2, 2015
Messages
8,371
Reputation
23
Ivan Fyodorovich said:
discord within ourselves is the cause of suffering. to be happy you need to radiate with God's light. 


my new goal in life is to become a good person who embodies compassion and reason. 


The most important time of all is the present. The most important people in the world are those engaging with you at any given time. The best thing you can do is to treat them with kindness and hospitality. 


This is the true path to a lifetime of happiness.

:jock: :jock: :jock:

Ivan Fyodorovich said:
I hope someday you all can reach this understanding before it's too late.

Me too, goodspeed.
 
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
4,257
Reputation
727
Today I am going to treat everyone I interact with like they are the most important people in the world instead of being an aloof bastard
 

purps drank

Rotter
Joined
Jun 28, 2015
Messages
3,415
Reputation
13
I am



























































in.

I fear this will make women less likely to want to be with me though  :ugh:
 
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
4,257
Reputation
727
purps drank said:
I am

in.

I fear this will make women less likely to want to be with me though  :ugh:


It will if you only do it with pretty women and treat everyone else like dung. If you treat everyone well and give no special accommodations to women based on their looks you should be fine.
 

purps drank

Rotter
Joined
Jun 28, 2015
Messages
3,415
Reputation
13
Ivan Fyodorovich said:
purps drank said:
I am

in.

I fear this will make women less likely to want to be with me though  :ugh:


It will if you only do it with pretty women and treat everyone else like dung. If you treat everyone well and give no special accommodations to women based on their looks you should be fine.

I already treat everyone the same no matter what they look like, except I treat pretty women a little worse since they are used to their halo effect getting them whatever they want. I'm just rude and indignant usually and would like to learn to bring happiness and compassion into all of my interactions.
 
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
4,257
Reputation
727
purps drank said:
Ivan Fyodorovich said:
It will if you only do it with pretty women and treat everyone else like dung. If you treat everyone well and give no special accommodations to women based on their looks you should be fine.

I already treat everyone the same no matter what they look like, except I treat pretty women a little worse since they are used to their halo effect getting them whatever they want. I'm just rude and indignant usually and would like to learn to bring happiness and compassion into all of my interactions.

Me too. I have become a pugnacious beast obsessed with not seeming servile or submissive to the point of being somewhat cold in affect. As a result I have made far fewer friends but on the good side no one gives me a hard time about anything. My new policy is just going to be to be open and genuine with people, and try to an express an interest in other people's lives even when they can't directly benefit me.
 

Darkman

Rotter
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
3,326
Reputation
1,707
Being kind to everybody just makes everybody walk all over you.
 
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
4,257
Reputation
727
Darkman said:
Being kind to everybody just makes everybody walk all over you.


this is a misconception. people don't want to take advantage of kind people in general they want to work toward a mutually beneficial outcome. in general most people don't care about taking advantage of someone until they make a personal connection and then they feel bad about it would weigh on their conscious. plus you don't have to be naive. You can call someone out if they are trying to take advantage without being a dick about it or getting aggressive
 
Top