There may be more Earth-like planets than grains of sand on the beaches of Earth

Peanuts

Incel
[font='Proxima Nova', Proxima-Nova, proxima-nova, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"If the estimates of 40 billion Earth-sized planets in habitable zones of sun-like or red dwarf stars in the Milky Way and the estimate of the 100 billion to 200 billion galaxies in the universe are accurate -- and if the average galaxy has roughly the same number of Earth cousins as the Milky Way, then the chances that we are the only planet with life are one in 6 sextillion."[/font]

[font='Proxima Nova', Proxima-Nova, proxima-nova, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]That's a 6 followed by 21 zeroes, buddy boys.[/font]

Vertu

Incel
This is promising news knowing that, there might be a civilization somewhere that is actually non-primitive and advanced compared to pathetic peasants like us humans.

Not that it matters. We'd be legit RODENTS to them. We are fucking pathetic and would destroy any Earth-like planets natural habitat with a fucking decade if that.

Peanuts

Incel
Vertu said:
This is promising news knowing that, there might be a civilization somewhere that is actually non-primitive and advanced compared to pathetic peasants like us humans.

Not that it matters. We'd be legit RODENTS to them. We are fucking pathetic and would destroy any Earth-like planets natural habitat with a fucking decade if that.
Maybe, maybe not. By the time we try to colonize another Earth-like planet we'll be Godly transhumans with artificially enhanced IQs and have our brains linked directly to the internet, which will probably have 100 times more knowledge as it does now. And we'd study the fuck out of a planet to make sure we understand it before we do anything major there.

IcedEarth

Slayer
the moronity is strong itt, 70% of stars are red dwarfs in this galaxy that is true but they are too small so if you want an earth sized planet to be in the habitable zone it will be just as close as mercury is to our sun which means it will be hit by solar flairs regularly which means it will be a sterile desert without an atmosphere unless it has a magnetic core 20 times stronger than our planet which comes with a size 4-5 times of our planet which can come with a gravity of 6-7 times of ours which comes with an atmosphere 80 times thicker .... good luck walking around without a suit there

the only habitable planets similar to ours would be small moons around gas giants that move around giant stars

so solar systems as ours and that with the previous one I described would be 5% in the galaxy, so you start with that number to count carbon based life similar to ours

Bojack

Lookism God
My home is in a different galaxy, I was never meant to live on this primitive earth. My alien parents dropped me here, I am sure of it. I am not of the human race.