• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

There is a Difference between Confidence and Bravery

Lets say youre approaching strangers alone in a public setting.

Confidence is derived from belief in a positive outcome of the social situation based on prior experiences of similar situations 
or prior confirmed knowledge that one stands to have a good chance of a positive outcome.

Bravery is when you dont expect a positive outcome, in fact you might be pessimistic or even convinced that the odds are stacked 
against your favor. Yet you plunge yourself into the situation and expose yourself to the vurnerability of a negative outcome with all that it could possibly entail. 

When an incel cold approaches strangers, it doesnt mean hes confident; it means hes brave. Many times Ive heard the coping of others on here that I am somehow confident and that the confidence must be derived from somewhere since Ive been able to approach thousands of strangers. This is simply not true, it means Im brave whereas they are trying to justify their cowardness.

I remember a situation where I was sat down in the smoking area of a night club sitting on a bench near 2 guys who were both fairly good looking, one of the guys was built and did mma. There were 2 girls standing behind us and at one point I grabbed one of the girls by the hand and sat her down next to the 2 guys saying "you sit over here" and grabbed the other by the waist and sat her down next to me saying "and you sit over here". Both of the girls seemed very uninterested and kept looking down at their phones while one of the 2 guys tried to talk to the one sat next to him, the girl sat next next to me gave me a quick glance that showed utter contempt. The girls left shortly and the 2 guys told me "Wow, you deserve a medal for what you just did there". Because they KNEW I was low social value and because they KNEW that even they couldnt appeal to these stuck up girls, and they were obviously higher value than me

Kiwisviel

So you creep on women in public and make them uncomfortable?  Wow, so brave~!

I dunno, I disagree that bravery assumes a negative outcome.

By definition, it's just exhibiting courageous  behaviour. Think of all the stuff that you could consider brave, not all of it would the protagonist expect a negative outcome.

scar_face40 said:
I dunno, I disagree that bravery assumes a negative outcome.

By definition, it's just exhibiting courageous  behaviour. Think of all the stuff that you could consider brave, not all of it would the protagonist expect a negative outcome.

Read the OP again, I didnt say that it was about assuming a negative outcome neccessarily. I stated that one has no expectations or EVEN assumes a negative outcome.

why are u talking about confidence, is this puahate or some normalfag shit?

Narcissnus

Regular
Bravery is just internalized social pressure to act in spite of fear. For instance, it is considered brave to fight a war for your country, but if you coldly analyze the situation, it is also stupid to fight for your country. The war is not likely being fought for the reasons that national propaganda tells everyone, and is more likely being fought in someone else's best interest. But, the social pressure to fight, as well as the validation of being brave, are too great for most men to resist. So, maybe you approach because you just absolutely have to fuck new girls all the time and are extremely low inhibition, or maybe you approach because you have internalized a form of social pressure that says you SHOULD approach when you go out, or else you have failed. I agree that it is a form of bravery to approach, but I think its worth analyzing what bravery actually is. 

For some people, especially beta males [a term not meant to insult], I think bravery comes easily, as beta males readily internalize social pressure that has the capacity to overcome their natural instincts. In other words "I don't want to go to another country and die for a war I don't understand" quickly becomes "I will happily die for my country and freedom, honor, blah blah, etc." Then they come back and everyone calls them brave, or maybe everyone calls their coffin brave. Whichever comes back. The same is true for relationships, in that most guys bow to the social pressure to date a girl, and rationalize and say its because they have morals and principles, when in reality it is just because the social pressure was to great for them to handle. So their wife fucks dudes behind their back, takes the house, money, and kids, just like the war takes their lives. 

Maybe it is mating strategy, or maybe nature ruthlessly churns out hordes of beta males for the good of the species, as a buffer between death and all the alphas, women, and children. It is worth mentioning that most of the alpha males I've known have been highly opportunistic and definitely not brave. They can be confident and aggressive, but never out of moral conviction. Everything an alpha does flows from instinct and what feels right with them at the time. They aren't likely to approach girls at a bar, or go to war, or get married, or really anything else of that nature, unless it is something they actively choose of their own volition. Being brave could be considered a "good" quality, and probably even a necessary one if you hope to survive as a beta male. I just think its worth mentioning that bravery is really just a social narrative you've internalized and acted on, and that people who don't give a shit about morals can easily manipulate you using it.