Theoretical exercise for cheek hollows

Amud

Banned
The zygomaticus muscle runs from the cheekbone to the upper corners of the lip. When smiling, it draws the corners of the mouth upward.

In people with "hollow cheeks", the zygomaticus is visible under the skin, which creates the hollow cheek appearance. Low body fat is also necessary. Having a strong bone structure or forward maxilla seems less important.

These people have the appearance of hollow cheeks because the zygomaticus muscles are bulging through the skin.

When I flex my zygomaticus muscles without smiling, they bulge up through my skin and cause me to have hollow cheeks. Theoretically, inducing hypertrophy in this muscle could create permanent cheek hollows.

You can provide resistance to this muscle by grasping the upper corners of your lips with your thumb and index finger. the index fingers go inside the mouth while the thumb goes outside. Then, attempt to draw the corners of your lips upward and outward, while pulling downward and inward with your hands. You will feel your zygomaticus muscles activating and burning.

Note that you want to keep your lower cheeks relaxed. The buccinator muscles are located in the lower cheeks and are activated when sucking. They will make your cheeks rounder. When performing the correct swallow that Mike Mew advocates, the buccinators will not be activated. This is important in developing hollow cheeks. If you have an incorrect (sucking) swallowing pattern, you should fix it to avoid buccinator hypertrophy. Mike Mew has some videos that show how to swallow correctly.

Amud

Banned
After playing around with several different means of providing resistance, I found I had the best luck with pinching the outside of my lips, rather than having one finger in my mouth.

Amud

Banned
Victory said:
I think it's just wide cheekbones+ buccinator atrophy, doubt it has anything to do with the zygomaticus muscle.

I'm 100% sure the muscle is the main factor here. When I flex my zygomaticus muscles, my cheeks become hollow like Kortajarena's.

lltvyr

Slayer
They think that every muscle in the body can really grow in size. I'm not so sure about the small ones like mimical muscles. Masseter is perhaps the only exception to it.

L

looks32

So would sucking your cheeks in a lot be a bad thing? Sometimes in pictures I slightly suck in my cheeks and it makes my jaw look more defined, and overall I think I look better. But would sucking them in a lot make a difference overtime?

Nizoral Babe

Coper
I noticed this after chewing falim gum off/on for an 8 hour shift at work. My jaw was fatigued and I happened to practice smiling in the mirror when I noticed (under lighting, still high BF) that my cheeks were hollowing out. I've always smiled with my eyes, or so I've been told, so I probably always used my zygos unknowingly.

I'll start trying facial exercises to hypertrophy the zygos muscles. I do have a fairly large bi-zygo width at 6" so I at least meet one prerequisite for hollow cheeks. Facial fat will be the toughest obstacle.

Vanity

Incel
You can get hollow cheeks without exercising the face. All you need is a low bf %, and most importantly not using your cheeks to swallow. Mike Mewing has a video on proper swallowing technique without the use of your cheeks.

I've been doing this for about 3 months and dropped 1% in bf, and I've noticed an improvement as far as cheek hallows go.

OldRooster

King of Chads
me:
before jaw implants = no cheek hollows
after jaw implants = significant cheek hollows

conclusion: you need a proportionately large, wide jaw to have cheek hollows

15 posts in this thread and no one has suggested sucking dick to hypertrophy cheek muscles?

lltvyr

Slayer
Vanity said:
You can get hollow cheeks without exercising the face. All you need is a low bf %, and most importantly not using your cheeks to swallow. Mike Mewing has a video on proper swallowing technique without the use of your cheeks.

I've been doing this for about 3 months and dropped 1% in bf, and I've noticed an improvement as far as cheek hallows go.
How did you swallow before then?

I'm pretty sure that training the major zygomaticus can help. Seems totally logical. But you should get a muscle stimulator device and just put it on your face for maximum results.

lltvyr

Slayer
Manuel said:
lltvyr said:

I'm pretty sure that training the major zygomaticus can help. Seems totally logical. But you should get a muscle stimulator device and just put it on your face for maximum results.
The fuck is that?

Vanity

Incel
lltvyr said:
Vanity said:

Like most people do. Swallow the food by sucking in your cheeks. What I do now is put my tongue on the roof of my mouth and create a suction with my throat.

Look in the mirror and do this. If you swallow and your face is completely still, you're doing it right. Not using your cheeks to swallow will cause those muscles to atrophy.

lltvyr

Slayer
I never swallowed food that way, but saliva I guess yes. I've read about that stuff too much for now, so I can't actually remember what I did before.
[hr]
Vanity said:
lltvyr said:
Like most people do. Swallow the food by sucking in your cheeks. What I do now is put my tongue on the roof of my mouth and create a suction with my throat.

Look in the mirror and do this. If you swallow and your face is completely still, you're doing it right. Not using your cheeks to swallow will cause those muscles to atrophy.

lltvyr

Slayer
It seems so natural to have the cheeks a little bit sucked against the teeth when tongue on roof. I think it's normal. By doing that you're not actually activating the buccinator muscle, right?

lltvyr

Slayer
Just sucking cheeks doesn't involve buccinator's action, so I don't see how that could cause chubby cheeks.

diegobarrueco

Banned
this is cope tbh, jon doesnt have to give a shit if his cheeks are atrophied or not

he has the bone structure

this would only work if you have inferior bone structure and have to maintain all this aspie muscle shit

just swallow naturally

you dont need hollow cheeks, your face is written in bone

doppelganger

Slayer
diegobarrueco said:
this is cope tbh, jon doesnt have to give a shit if his cheeks are atrophied or not

he has the bone structure

this would only work if you have inferior bone structure and have to maintain all this aspie muscle shit

just swallow naturally

you dont need hollow cheeks, your face is written in bone