• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

The only cure for Looks Dysphoria if you are ugly is becoming better looking

modified

hairloss expert
The first feature of my face I struggled with disliking was my hairline. It is much too high. Even when I was 8-9 I used to hate this feature and wish it was normal so I could get a cool hairstyle and look decent.

Then when my jaws deformed as a teen, shit hit the fan. I went from subpar to horrible. My perspective on my ugliness has worsened over the past years as I embraced the red pill truths of how the world works and how my looks limit me.

On leg lengthening forums they call unhappiness with being short "height dysphoria". I will therefore call unhappiness with being ugly "looks dysphoria".

There are ways to cope with being ugly. Hobbies, PUA, work, socializing. I've done all to variable extents and they've helped me stay sane and functioning. But even when I do these things, the underlying unhappiness about my face remains. When I see good looking people, I still wish I could have that.

The only times that has significantly improved have been:

1) After my first jaw surgery, when my face got much more normal, and
2) Currently, as my hair is growing back on path to NW1, and with FROST looming to fix the hairline once and for all once the regrowth is complete.

There is so much peace that comes to me from looking in the mirror and seeing my hairline restoring itself. It is a different type of peace than you can get from antidepressants or hanging out with friends. No amount of counselling in the world could provide it I think.

Really, in the end, I have come to conclude that if you are truly ugly (ie. have clear facial abnormalities, not BDD), the only cure for that is to fix your abnormalities.

I can only imagine how joyful my life would be if I had straight, well balanced jaws with a good jawline. Or a normal hairline. Or on a bigger scale, if I was 2-3" taller from LL.

The longer I think about my looks, the more I realize that fixing my looks is the #1 thing that can make me happier in life and improve my satisfaction. I don't really want to have sex with a lot of girls. I don't want or need more money or material things. I don't even care that much to keep travelling though I enjoy it.

Really the only thing I want in life is to be good looking, and once I have that, I won't have to cope anymore. I can just be happy with who I am and live my life day to day. That would be peace for me.

OccamsRazorBurn

Machine
Yep. Sure, there are plenty of psychological issues that can develop as a result of being ugly, or even independent of looks, but the truth remains that even the most NT guy with optimal coping skills is going to experience objectively negative emotions if he's ugly. The guy in this link had had 'BDD' for 20 years(& I assume was receiving treatment from the NHS for much of that time) before he ended it. Think about how much more effective roids, fin or HT, MT II, & genio(just guessing from the photo) would've been for him, relative to the years of therapy he received.

http://lookism.net/Thread-Guy-from-bdd-documentary-kills-himself

Jawline

Always Mewing
Mewslims
It's bullshit.
After I started taking SSRIs, my BDD decreased rapidly. It doesn't mean that my looks got better. It means that meds can cure BDD.

Platinum

Banned
Jawline said:
It's bullshit.
After I started taking SSRIs, my BDD decreased rapidly. It doesn't mean that my looks got better. It means that meds can cure BDD.

But it doesn't fix the problem. SSRIs never fix the main problem.

paulus

Banned
Dentist said:
I agree completely, I'm constantly in a mixture of despair and depression whilst waiting to have enough cash for surgery. The problem is when it goes wrong though... what happens then? The depression and despair will be even deeper because you've lost more and more time which you'll never get back.

My rhino for instance, I am still numb in the gums above the front teeth because he made an incision in there to remove the anterior nasal spine. It drives me up the wall putting my tongue up there and not feeling anything. Likewise, jaw surgery will also do a similar thing for sure, there is SO much risk with facial surgery, it's not going to be the kind of thing you can just sit back and relax about even after it's done unless the procedure goes PERFECTLY. Once you've done those surgeries you have to scramble to get as many lays as possible (though for me this wont be hard if it goes correctly), but it's still playing catchup with guys who have no idea what a maxilla even is.

Another bad thing is that there are only about 5-6 posters out of everyone on lookism who has had / will actually have surgery, so when you make threads talking about surgeries, no one in there has personal experience of getting cosmetic proceedures because to them its all a big joke, they never actually intended to get a lefort 1 / rhino / LL or whatever, its just a game they play to fit in. Atleast modified / vegeta etc have had or will have surgeries, everyone else is frauding. Makes me sick tbh.

I just hope to christ that the surgery goes well and I can finally stop suffering.

I hope you lose the money so that you cant afford surgery

Or some of your tinder lays get pregnants and the baby will suck out all your financial ressources before surgery...

Btw whats your opinion on these hillarious "after 1 year post surgery my jaw is stil numb - will it ever go away?" Threads that you can find on the internet?

tedbed

Joke
You realise surgery fixing bdd is cope, satisfaction rates from ps are low not because it didnt go well but people are hust not happy and even if the problem was fixed you would find somethibg else. Theres a difference between looksmaxing and bdd the line is fine but its there, im getting fillers and . Fat grafting but even though a bit of rhibo would help im not going too. mayb

Paulus just a shitty attitude you have sub 5 son lol

Jawline

Always Mewing
Mewslims
Platinum said:
Jawline said:
It's bullshit.

The problem is the way I feel. There are many sub8 guys who have their incel hobbies and are happy. Wouldn't you want to be one of them?

Lance_Armweak

Rotter
Jawline said:
Platinum said:

The problem is the way I feel. There are many sub8 guys who have their incel hobbies and are happy. Wouldn't you want to be one of them?

No.

Reflex

PSL Hall of Fame
OP got banned for promoting another forum

is he on skype?