• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

The NEET revolution is happening

alien

Machine
Rotters
Source data: www5.statcan.gc.ca/cansim/a47 Employment Data in Canada from 1976 to 2014

Look at the employment rate for males in Ontario (don't bother looking at unemployment rate. They don't count people who gave up looking for work).

Fact: Among 15-64 year olds (working age peeps) it went from a high of 83.4% in 1989 to 74.5% in 2014 (the lowest was 72.4% in 2009. After the Global Financial Crisis)

Fact: Among 15-19 year olds (this is for you kiddies) it went from 58.6% in 1989 to 34.9% in 2014 (the lowest was 33.0% in 2010. A year+ from the Global Financial Crisis).

Fact: Among 20-24 year olds (you older kiddies) it went from 80.5% in 1989 to 64.8% in 2014 (the lowest was 63.3% in 2009. Once again, Global Financial Crisis).

Fact: Among 25-29 year olds (my current cohort till I hit 30 soon) it went from 90.6% in 1976 to 80.2% in 2014 (the lowest was 78.8% in 2013).

Fact: Among 30-34 year olds (my cohort later this year) it went from 94.2% in 1976 to 84.7% in 2014 (the lowest was 82.0% in 2009. Global Financial Crisis).

TL;DR warning: Sociological essay on the NEET revolution incoming

My analysis on 15-19 year olds: Fucking lazy ass kids don't have to go to work anymore after school to earn disposable income. Often times they don't even have to get a job when they go to college, let alone high school! When mommy and daddy will give them money or lend them their credit card to buy shit online. Hell in many families back in the day, especially in poorer families, teenage students were expected to work and financially pitch-in with the family's finances. My mom would let me borrow her credit card to buy stuff (within reason) at 17+. And I was living dat NEET life at 18 1/2 and 19 when I dropped out of University.

My analysis on 20-24 year olds: Bunch of kids delaying adult responsibility in the real world to go party in college. And instead of getting a job while in college to minimize the amount of borrowing they have to do for student loans, they go without a job so they have more time for partying and get into an enormous amount of student loan debt. I was one of those spoiled kids whose daddy paid for my tuition in full and I never worked a day in my life (aside from volunteering) while I was in University (I went back to school at 20 due to social pressure from my parents and siblings. They wanted me to do something with my life and I figured I'd buy myself 4 years of time by doing so).

When I entered the workforce, my little work experience really REALLY fucked me over. When I went for my first internship at 24, I was getting turned down interview after interview after interview. My autism combined with my poor work history was screwing me over. Even though I had a high GPA. It was mostly my autism though because I was getting interviews despite the huge work history gap. But that didn't help. I was eventually able to get an "in" from a connection. And that internship at the company then lead to a job there after graduation. And now I've burnt my bridge by quitting that job at 29 1/2 as you know.

My analysis on 25-29 year olds: Hell yeah I'm part of the 19.8% of men in their late 20s who don't have a job! That's one in five! That's a fucking huge number! We are getting our revenge on society. We're tired of workcelling. We're tired of being cucks. After nearly 5 years of workcelling in an office, I've had enough and I'm not alone.

My analysis on 30-34 year olds: 15.3% of men in their early 30s NO JOB! HOLY FUCK. That's INSANE. Wow. Just WoW (literally for some of these neckbeards, it's World of Warcraft time). When I hit 30, it's good to know that I won't be alone among men my own age. There is strength in numbers.

They're only NEET because of their parents' consent. Soon as Dad puts his foot down, it's over.

NEETbux is actually quite rare.

MVP

think faster
HQNP
GO NEET NOW
i want the economy to implode

alien

Machine
Rotters
ForeverCucked said:
They're only NEET because of their parents' consent. Soon as Dad puts his foot down, it's over.
NEETbux is actually quite rare.
This is true. I am on employment insurance (the government's PC way of saying unemployment insurance). So I am entitled to 40 weeks of benefits ($458 CAN/week after-taxes) because I lost my job (I quit but because I stayed until the end of my contract, my employer put down that my contract ended on my record). But I was working and making good money. If you are just a NEET who didn't work within the last year, you're not going to get employment insurance! And they only pay you 55% of your old income or $524/month before-taxes. Whichever is lower. I make the max because I was making more than $952/week before-taxes.

But once my benefits end January, I have to either apply for disability for my autism and prove that my autism renders me too disabled to work (if they look at my work history and earnings history, I am FUCKED). Or apply for Ontario Works. You don't need to be disabled to get welfare. But I'm afraid of getting rejected for a claim (they might think that I'm working the system) and laughed in my face by the welfare office cunts. I have to declare all my assets when I apply for Ontario Works and probably disability too. And once they see that my cash worth is $230k CAN and I own a 4 year old car, they will probably laugh me out of the building and call me scum of the earth.

And the worst part about this is that welfare here pays miserly. Disability pays only $612/month for basic needs and an extra $474/month max for "shelter". If I choose to live with my dad, they probably won't give me the shelter portion (or maybe they'll give me a portion of it). And if I want subsidized housing, they will put me on a long ass waiting list. Once I finally get accepted for a subsidized housing unit, they will then give me a 1 bedroom or studio apartment in a subsidized housing unit for the <$474/month shelter allowance. And Ontario Works is even worse. They only give you $249/month for "basic needs" and $372/month max for shelter. After paying your rent, you have to live on $8.18 CAN/day.

I live a very miserly lifestyle. I probably could make due with $612/month in my dad's basement (my auto insurance costs me a lot. And dental care is expensive. But I'll manage without having to dip into my savings a bit. And remember: I live in the suburbs, I need my car whenever I actually have to leave my house). But on my own? No way. I could feed myself. But I'd be better off visiting Gandy living on $612/month after rent. And on $249/month? No fucking way. If I can't afford car ownership in the suburbs and can't afford dental care, prescription drugs (when needed) and a decent amount of entertainment (Netflix all day every day would drive me nuts) then it's time to visit Gandy.

IcedEarth said:
Daddy gave you a cozy family business job. You are not part of the working-class struggle. You don't know our pain. STFU