• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

the current democratic system has zero advantages over elite rule

vintologi.se

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
1,389
Reputation
44
The risk with giving all the power to a limited number of individual is that a majority (such as 8 of 15) may make a bad decision and there will not be anything you can do about it. 

The second problem is arbitrary criterias for being allowed to vote. 

The second problem is an issue in all democratic societies, the ones already in power decides the citizenship criterias and their own judges rules on it. One solution is give the right to vote to all individuals that have paid enough tax (if they havn't it costs 10% of what's missing to vote), thus some systems of governance is actually less abritrary than all current democracies. 

The first risk is a problem in all current democracies too, if the ruling coalition makes a bad decision the only way to stop it will be an armed revolution like Ukraine recently (to prevent the country from being taken over by russia), if they hadn't done that they would have to wait for the election and hope the ones already in power do not cheat, by then it may already be too late. 

If the number of voters is smaller it's harder to cheat in elections and it's also easier to hold an election. We can have a system where a single individual in the current ruling elite can request impeachment and all A-citizens will be allowed to vote in it ASAP, this allows for instant removal.

http://vintologi.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1&view=findpost&p=68
 

Coper_Nicus

RotMaxxing
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
2,225
Reputation
368
vintologi.se said:
The risk with giving all the power to a limited number of individual is that a majority (such as 8 of 15) may make a bad decision and there will not be anything you can do about it. 

The second problem is arbitrary criterias for being allowed to vote. 

The second problem is an issue in all democratic societies, the ones already in power decides the citizenship criterias and their own judges rules on it. One solution is give the right to vote to all individuals that have paid enough tax (if they havn't it costs 10% of what's missing to vote), thus some systems of governance is actually less abritrary than all current democracies. 

The first risk is a problem in all current democracies too, if the ruling coalition makes a bad decision the only way to stop it will be an armed revolution like Ukraine recently (to prevent the country from being taken over by russia), if they hadn't done that they would have to wait for the election and hope the ones already in power do not cheat, by then it may already be too late. 

If the number of voters is smaller it's harder to cheat in elections and it's also easier to hold an election. We can have a system where a single individual in the current ruling elite can request impeachment and all A-citizens will be allowed to vote in it ASAP, this allows for instant removal.

http://vintologi.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1&view=findpost&p=68

legit. 

Liberal Democracy creates more just outcomes because of the social and cultural norms attached to it. Without that it is basically elite rule. Elections are controlled by the media through agenda setting (i.e fox news) etc. 


Elite rulers can also push longer term goals than democracies. 

China is basically autocratic capitalist right now. It is far more effectual than any western democracy.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #4

vintologi.se

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
1,389
Reputation
44
Coper_Nicus said:
vintologi.se said:
The risk with giving all the power to a limited number of individual is that a majority (such as 8 of 15) may make a bad decision and there will not be anything you can do about it. 

The second problem is arbitrary criterias for being allowed to vote. 

The second problem is an issue in all democratic societies, the ones already in power decides the citizenship criterias and their own judges rules on it. One solution is give the right to vote to all individuals that have paid enough tax (if they havn't it costs 10% of what's missing to vote), thus some systems of governance is actually less abritrary than all current democracies. 

The first risk is a problem in all current democracies too, if the ruling coalition makes a bad decision the only way to stop it will be an armed revolution like Ukraine recently (to prevent the country from being taken over by russia), if they hadn't done that they would have to wait for the election and hope the ones already in power do not cheat, by then it may already be too late. 

If the number of voters is smaller it's harder to cheat in elections and it's also easier to hold an election. We can have a system where a single individual in the current ruling elite can request impeachment and all A-citizens will be allowed to vote in it ASAP, this allows for instant removal.

http://vintologi.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1&view=findpost&p=68

legit. 

Liberal Democracy creates more just outcomes because of the social and cultural norms attached to it. Without that it is basically elite rule. Elections are controlled by the media through agenda setting (i.e fox news) etc. 
It's a highly fragile system, people can be misinformed by media and the current rulers can rog election, it's not even close to being a nash equilibrium, we are already seing more and more voter purges in the US.
Elite rulers can also push longer term goals than democracies. 
Often in a democracy decisions are taken to get votes instead of doing what needs to be done, politicians are not willing to take a short term hit to reach a long-term goal.

Despite having the strongest military in the world the United States hasn't expanded it's borders since 1848

Just look at the "space launch system" that keeps costing us more money and getting delayed. The priority was to create jobs and not to build a cost effective rocket. In the most countries the private sector is relied upon for most tasks and even then it often ends badly.
China is basically autocratic capitalist right now. It is far more effectual than any western democracy.
They went from being a backwarth comminist country to a powerful capitalist country during elite rule, shows that ehen with sub-optimal initial conditions elite rule performs better over long periods of time.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #7

vintologi.se

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
1,389
Reputation
44
straightcel_l said:
are u a monarchist

No i do not believe in giving too much power to a single individual. 

With 15 people governing you can have a sleep schedule that ensures at least are awake at any given moment, this allows for instant decision making.
 
Joined
Jun 12, 2018
Messages
686
Reputation
10
We will inevitably revert to monarchy.

The ideal system would be an intelligent algorithm (unknown to the public) that rules the nation while a charismatic and robust male model presents those orders to the public as a monarch.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #9

vintologi.se

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
1,389
Reputation
44
champagnepapi said:
We will inevitably revert to monarchy.

The ideal system would be an intelligent algorithm (unknown to the public) that rules the nation while a charismatic and robust male model presents those orders to the public as a monarch.

Well we now have Trump as the public leader figure but i wonder what's the real power structure looks like. 

Before japan lost in WWII the emperor was the public fugure but the country was actually governed my a military elite where the emperor just was one of the ones in charge, Hirohito was actually against the war but he was overruled.
 

vintologi.se

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
1,389
Reputation
44
Nuclear war scenario
Let's assume you need to make a decision in less than 60 seconds, quicker is better. 

In this case any process to replace/remove the rulers cannot take more than 60 seconds, if you need to hold a snap electron where people vote like in typical democratoc electrons it will be way to late once the election is over. 

If the country is governed by 15 people no more than 5 of them shall be asleep at any given moment, thus instant decision can be made if 8 of 10 senators agree, if not the 5 senators asleep will have to be waken up by their successors so they vote before it's too late

All senators will have a secure phone so they will be able to instantly vote YES or NO no matter what they are doing at the moment, maybe he is fucking one of his wives in the ass when his phones goes off with a general requesting approval for a pre-emptive nuclear strike.
 

Coper_Nicus

RotMaxxing
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
2,225
Reputation
368
champagnepapi said:
We will inevitably revert to monarchy.

The ideal system would be an intelligent algorithm (unknown to the public) that rules the nation while a charismatic and robust male model presents those orders to the public as a monarch.

Fuck rules by robots legit
 

vintologi.se

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
1,389
Reputation
44
The current system is slow and unsafe


[video=youtube]
My proposal (elite of 15) is way safer and allows for instant response 24/7
 
Top