The biggest mistake/lie: "Be whatever you want when you grow up! We won't force you!"

Magnifique

potato
Little Timmy is told this by his well-off parents (lawyer and doctor).
Little Timmy decides to study art at University.
Little Timmy ends up unemployed and wonders what went wrong.

Meanwhile little Abdul is told that he must become a doctor.
He protests that be wants to be an artist but his parents aren't indoctrinated by Disney-tier advice like "follow your dreams" etc. and they shut him down.
Little Abdul is forced to study several hours a day.
Little Abdul eventually goes to university and is earning a comfortable six figures a year.

Magnifique

potato
And then little Timmy's parents has the nerve to say "We need these immigrants, without them we wouldn't have any doctors!"
Well, no shit we don't have any doctors, since the natives can jump on benefits and you do not make any effort for your children to aim for this profession.

the mole

2.45 fwhr brute
HQNP
oi going to the loony bin for this post mate

Magnifique

potato
I could have done everything but no point in being a slave
Be a slave for a few years and make a lot of money.

Think of it like "the tree of liberty only grows when watered by the blood of patriots and tyrants" (i.e sacrifice is required for freedom).

the mole

2.45 fwhr brute
HQNP
Be a slave for a few years and make a lot of money.

Think of it like "the tree of liberty only grows when watered by the blood of patriots and tyrants" (i.e sacrifice is required for freedom).
4-8-12 years is too much

I'll be fine might be a year or so till I'm out of here, did it on my terms

superbad

Iced out my rolie but I know time cannot freeze
Little Timmy eventually gets a Job trough His parents Connections, has a Solid income and a decent inheritance lined up

swaggyp1

Greeicy Baila
HQNP
Little Timmy eventually gets a Job trough His parents Connections, has a Solid income and a decent inheritance lined up

His parents are doctors and lawyers, so their colleagues are just other doctors and lawyers .. not CEOs

Magnifique

potato
It's good parenting imo. Obviously they should make it clear that art is not as lucrative as a proper career, but would you rather be a depressed doctor who hates everything or a carefree artist pursuing your passions?
It's good parenting until the kid ends up doing three useless A levels and can only choose useless university courses.

The kid will see how his peers ended up and will be grateful that his parents gave him direction.

And if he really, really, really doesn't want to be a doctor, then he at least has amazing grades in difficult subjects and can get into most courses of his choosing.

Obnoxious Weirdo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Birds
It's good parenting until the kid ends up doing three useless A levels and can only choose useless university courses.

The kid will see how his peers ended up and will be grateful that his parents gave him direction.

And if he really, really, really doesn't want to be a doctor, then he at least has amazing grades in difficult subjects and can get into most courses of his choosing.
University isn't for everyone.

You are projecting your own value of money onto others, many would rather do something they enjoy than earn a lot.

Or kid will hate his parents for trying to force him to be someone he isn't and they will have a terrible relationship

Magnifique

potato
you have become extremely unlikeable.
Oh damn, I just realised that you're the utter mongoloid who was crying for me in that cat thread.

:cage:

Now you're crying because you failed to get a job as a doctor in a hospital.

This thread and talk of doctors has obviously triggered you deeply!

:datalol:

Magnifique

potato
University isn't for everyone.

You are projecting your own value of money onto others, many would rather do something they enjoy than earn a lot.

Or kid will hate his parents for trying to force him to be someone he isn't and they will have a terrible relationship
Yeah sure, that's what they say.
I thought "yeah! I want to do what I want to do! I want to go my own way! I don't want to work a boring job all my life."

Then I realise that this is inevitable and that I've probably made a big mistake "following what I want to do".

I mean, I'll probably get a good job out of this, but it would have been much better if my parents had given me solid direction that had pretty much guaranteed a large salary.

Everyone could benefit from this.

Obnoxious Weirdo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Birds
Yeah sure, that's what they say.
I thought "yeah! I want to do what I want to do! I want to go my own way! I don't want to work a boring job all my life."

Then I realise that this is inevitable and that I've probably made a big mistake "following what I want to do".

I mean, I'll probably get a good job out of this, but it would have been much better if my parents had given me solid direction that had pretty much guaranteed a large salary.

Everyone could benefit from this.
Kids aren't retarded, most have a pretty general idea of what they want to do by the time they're 16 or so. Forcing them into something is never a good idea