TFW I realized that a decent MBA is basically requried to move up in corp finance

Every single high level VP from my current company has an MBA (unless GL white women)
It's over.

Daniel Conns Little Pecker said:
It's not

The main purpose of an MBA is to network/change career path

but yh it does help either way.
You don't get it.
Unless you are in a highly specialized role (such as internal audit & taxation) a decent MBA is used to filter the competition.
[hr]
IVTBX said:
u can get a masters in accounting with finance undergrad degree/graduate in 4 years instead and climb up to CFO thats my life goal
I have Master and Bachelor in Accounting but you need corporate finance and general management experience to be competiitve for CFO.
Majority of accountants ended up as controllers or CAO.

HarvardBusinessSchool said:
Daniel Conns Little Pecker said:
It's not

The main purpose of an MBA is to network/change career path

but yh it does help either way.
You don't get it.
Unless you are in a highly specialized role (such as internal audit & taxation) a decent MBA is used to filter the competition.
MBAs are so long

IVTBX said:
u can get a masters in accounting with finance undergrad degree/graduate in 4 years instead and climb up to CFO thats my life goal
no one cares about a masters, unless its to go further into a specific field or to apply directly to quat hedgefunds. It's just an ego boost.

IVTBX said:
A masters is beneficial for helping you get your foot in the door. I got job offers from tons of financial firms and public accounting firms for varying roles coming out of college just because of the masters and the program I was in was highly ranked. If you go to a low ranked school though than I agree i'd just get my bachelors and get out and work my way up. But if you go to a good school and the cost isn't too steep than Masters is the way to go (you'll network more and boost your resume).
Maybe its the US but in the UK a masters is pretty useless

DiamondNips

Banned
I know MBA in Canada is pretty much required to move into a decent level in any major company. My father was telling me how every job at the bank he works for pretty much requires one.

GraffiZy

Incel
I feel like in Germany its not as crazy as it is in the US (maybe Im just coping). Do you work in Corp Fin or Acc right now?

GraffiZy said:
I feel like in Germany its not as crazy as it is in the US (maybe Im just coping). Do you work in Corp Fin or Acc right now?
Accounting but I will transfer into corp finance after a while.

lms_rotten_zombie

Lookism God
Oldcels
GraffiZy said:
HBS how old are you? 

I am a bit oldcel tbh, with engineering background doing masters degree... what do i have to do to work for goldman sachs or equivalent as analyst

lms_rotten_zombie said:
HBS how old are you? 

I am a bit oldcel tbh, with engineering background doing masters degree... what do i have to do to work for goldman sachs or equivalent as analyst
RIght now 23 to be 24 in a few more months.
RIght now unless you have good connections get an MBA is your only hope.
Being a bit older isnt that big of a deal AS LONG AS you dont have family obligations

lms_rotten_zombie

Lookism God
Oldcels
lms_rotten_zombie said:
HBS how old are you? 

Being a bit older isnt that big of a deal AS LONG AS you dont have family obligations
fuaaarrr you too young i am mid late 20's

lms_rotten_zombie said:
I agefraud 19 on TInder :lmfao:

Reflex

Lookism God
lms_rotten_zombie said:
what

didnt you say you were 19-20

Reflex

Lookism God
Goiear said:
lms_rotten_zombie said:
me? no, never... thats why i have the oldcel tag xdddd
xdddddddd

xddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I can't beleaf it took this longto find out you are an iwbm alt

:goodfellas: