• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Steroids make you uglier

asapanon

Srs

This is coming from a guy who actually took steroids for years, has done hundreds of hours of research on them, and knows dozens of people irl who take/took steroids. We all agree that they make you physically uglier. LOL if you think they have looksmaxing purposes

shitposter

Regular
I have noticed that they make some people look older and also notice that a lot a pro athletes who are probably have natural high T look old for their age.

asapanon

Yeah.

In a 6 month cycle I aged my apparent look by at least 5 years. After stopping I regained some of my youthful glowing skin, but not all that I had pre-cycle. Steroids truly age the shit out of you. They also give your skin a worse texture/look, make it oily, cover you in acne, make it so you're always sweating, and if you have the genes will recede your hairline 100x faster than without steroids. They also bloat you and give you a puffy face and fat looking skin even if you're lean.

JustLOL

Joke
what's your take on test only in very low doses ? because that's the only thing that i'm considering, just test.

asapanon

I wondered the same thing. Unfortunately, even a low/moderate dose of testosterone will have this effect.

In short, we don't know all the reasons why. Here are a few of the reasons though: 

1. Exogenous androgen administration reduces collagen synthesis.
2. It increases aromatization and thus E2-mediated water retention. 
3. It increases oil production and thus gives your skin a constantly oily look and increases acne a fuckton
4. It makes you super sweaty
5. It increases core temperature and is EXTREMELY INFLAMMATORY. Inflammatory skin looks like shit and steroids will keep you mad inflamed.

You mentioned it ruining looks in that thread of mine, I am getting back to that when I am more free.

You only mention its effects on aging skin here, and ruining hair. The reason people run it is the masculinize the face and hopefully make the facial bones broader.

Not everyone ages perma from a single cycle.

asapanon said:
I wondered the same thing. Unfortunately, even a low/moderate dose of testosterone will have this effect.

In short, we don't know all the reasons why. Here are a few of the reasons though: 

3. It increases oil production and thus gives your skin a constantly oily look and increases acne a fuckton
5. It increases core temperature and is EXTREMELY INFLAMMATORY. Inflammatory skin looks like shit and steroids will keep you mad inflamed.

2, 3, 4, and 5 are all temporary. 1 is semi temporary, it can catch back up in a few weeks.

Nothing listed describes a long term effect.

asapanon

Machiavellian said:
You mentioned it ruining looks in that thread of mine, I am getting back to that when I am more free.

You only mention its effects on aging skin here, and ruining hair. The reason people run it is the masculinize the face and hopefully make the facial bones broader.

I respect your pursuit for understanding man, so understand that I mean no offense when I say you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to this. I do. Pretty much everyone I've met in person (dozens) or online (hundreds) who have ran steroids have seen a relatively sharp decline in facial aesthetics as a result. All experienced it, some were more severe than others. NO ONE felt that their face was "masculinized" in a positive way. All of this hype that steroids have the potential to masculinize your faces and hopefully influence bone development is just that - hype. I'm sorry but steroids are not the magical cure you are all looking for. Even though they should have some effect in theory, in practice they will never ever give you a stronger jaw or anything like that.

Machiavellian said:

asapanon said:

2, 3, 4, and 5 are all temporary. 1 is semi temporary, it can catch back up in a few weeks.

Nothing listed describes a long term effect.

No. The acne that steroids causes will last months, and can last years and leave permanent scarring. Also inflammatory skin damage is 100% permanent. Lastly, why go off? There will be no residual results afterwards. Like I said, it won't help your underlying bone structure.

asapanon
I respect your pursuit for understanding man, so understand that I mean no offense when I say you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to this. I do. Pretty much everyone I've met in person (dozens) or online (hundreds) who have ran steroids have seen a relatively sharp decline in facial aesthetics as a result. All experienced it, some were more severe than others. NO ONE felt that their face was "masculinized" in a positive way. All of this hype that steroids have the potential to masculinize your faces and hopefully influence bone development is just that - hype. I'm sorry but steroids are not the magical cure you are all looking for. Even though they should have some effect in theory, in practice they will never ever give you a stronger jaw or anything like that.

No. The acne that steroids causes will last months, and can last years and leave permanent scarring. Also inflammatory skin damage is 100% permanent. Lastly, why go off? There will be no residual results afterwards. Like I said, it won't help your underlying bone structure.

This is the thing. I know people who run steroids. I know someone who had no sign of a brow ridge what so ever at 19 and got a really defined one at 21. By 19 he developed enough to know if he was going to develop this facial feature or not on his natural hormone levels. He is off the stuff now and got facial widening. You can say that it was maturation and he was still developing but this type of visible change does not happen just like that, anecdotally steroids changed his facial bone structure a lot where it wouldn't have without many many more years. When you say everyone you know, that is ll anecdotal. Neither of us can prove a thing with people you know. I can tell you he finds no difference in his skin other than being thicker and prefers it. I can say that I know someone else who his bone structure didn't change but loved the way his face was while actively using epistane or tren. Only people I know of who don't like the face change is usually the one who runs the stuff for years and let it go to a point of leather face. Dorian Yates got a wider face compared to when he began bodybuilding.

Saying steroids bloat you up and cause this and that is just like the whole anti steroid propaganda. They scare you with every known side effect and ignore that not all steroids are the same. You must know this.

As for ance scaring. I should be a poster boy for looking older than my age due to acne scaring over years until a few years ago. Instead people underestimate my age by 3-4 years due to skin quality. This acne scaring calls for very severe acne and if you get acne. Inflamatory skin damage is on my list to look into now.

As for bone structure, steroids are proven to increase bone mineral density, different from volume or mass. But your mistaken about no evidence on bone size in adults. Cases of steroids in younger people still growing do undergo shifts in dimorphism.

Now when you look at trannies, their facial bones thicken even when they are done developing. You will say it is because they were not exposed to androgens before but that is false. Women have test in them also but just let. That slack jawed beta male can either be the result of mouth breathing or a lack of test due to shit diet and sleeping, high stress. Their body should not be different from a women becoming a man, where pinning some test is a perfect remedy to catch them up to what a male should be exposed to. The androgen deficient people will see facial changes over time down to the bone, but they are always discouraged from cycling since it is noble to build natty muscle after 5-10 years first.

Last thing, remember that this forum likes to generalize taking some test as "blast and cruise tren all year". Tren is a household name now for anybody talking steroids, not what everyone is using it.

asapanon

Machiavellian said:
asapanon

This is the thing. I know people who run steroids. I know someone who had no sign of a brow ridge what so ever at 19 and got a really defined one at 21. By 19 he developed enough to know if he was going to develop this facial feature or not on his natural hormone levels. He is off the stuff now and got facial widening. You can say that it was maturation and he was still developing but this type of visible change does not happen just like that, anecdotally steroids changed his facial bone structure a lot where it wouldn't have without many many more years. When you say everyone you know, that is ll anecdotal. Neither of us can prove a thing with people you know. I can tell you he finds no difference in his skin other than being thicker and prefers it. I can say that I know someone else who his bone structure didn't change but loved the way his face was while actively using epistane or tren. Only people I know of who don't like the face change is usually the one who runs the stuff for years and let it go to a point of leather face. Dorian Yates got a wider face compared to when he began bodybuilding.

Yeah, both of what we're saying is anecdotal. The thing is you have one or two anecdotes, and I have literally dozens or hundreds. Most people do not see positive bone structure changes from steroids, including those who took it in puberty. However most people do see negative skin changes.

Saying steroids bloat you up and cause this and that is just like the whole anti steroid propaganda. They scare you with every known side effect and ignore that not all steroids are the same. You must know this.

Um, no. I'm not talking from being brainwashed by "steroid propaganda." I'm speaking from experience, from the anecdotes of literally everyone who has ever taken steroids, and science. Steroids interact with the 5 alpha reductase enzyme to aromatize in to estrogen, increasing fluid retention. They bloat you hard

As for ance scaring. I should be a poster boy for looking older than my age due to acne scaring over years until a few years ago. Instead people underestimate my age by 3-4 years due to skin quality. This acne scaring calls for very severe acne and if you get acne. Inflamatory skin damage is on my list to look into now.

That sucks bro. But surely you can imagine how bad it'd be if you took steroids and it became ten times worse. 

As for bone structure, steroids are proven to increase bone mineral density, different from volume or mass. But your mistaken about no evidence on bone size in adults. Cases of steroids in younger people still growing do undergo shifts in dimorphism.

Actually most steroids have a negative impact on bone mineral density. The only exceptions are nandrolone, oxandrolone, and possibly primobolan and equipoise.

Now when you look at trannies, their facial bones thicken even when they are done developing. You will say it is because they were not exposed to androgens before but that is false. Women have test in them also but just let. That slack jawed beta male can either be the result of mouth breathing or a lack of test due to shit diet and sleeping, high stress. Their body should not be different from a women becoming a man, where pinning some test is a perfect remedy to catch them up to what a male should be exposed to. The androgen deficient people will see facial changes over time down to the bone, but they are always discouraged from cycling since it is noble to build natty muscle after 5-10 years first.

Yeah there's no question that hormones play a large role in development. But shooting up hormones in your teenage years don't really mimic being somebody who's had consistently high testosterone from birth on or from puberty on, even when  one starts young and stays on  permanently. It should be that simple but it isn't. 

Last thing, remember that this forum likes to generalize taking some test as "blast and cruise tren all year". Tren is a household name now for anybody talking steroids, not what everyone is using it.

Machiavellian said:
asapanon

Yeah, both of what we're saying is anecdotal. The thing is you have one or two anecdotes, and I have literally dozens or hundreds. Most people do not see positive bone structure changes from steroids, including those who took it in puberty. However most people do see negative skin changes.

Um, no. I'm not talking from being brainwashed by "steroid propaganda." I'm speaking from experience, from the anecdotes of literally everyone who has ever taken steroids, and science. Steroids interact with the 5 alpha reductase enzyme to aromatize in to estrogen, increasing fluid retention. They bloat you hard

That sucks bro. But surely you can imagine how bad it'd be if you took steroids and it became ten times worse. 

Actually most steroids have a negative impact on bone mineral density. The only exceptions are nandrolone, oxandrolone, and possibly primobolan and equipoise.

Yeah there's no question that hormones play a large role in development. But shooting up hormones in your teenage years don't really mimic being somebody who's had consistently high testosterone from birth on or from puberty on, even when  one starts young and stays on  permanently. It should be that simple but it isn't. 

Machiavellian said:
asapanon

Must have been a post lag into a triple post or something. Up there. Going to just respond without quoting.

When it comes to people I knew before and after steroids, I can mention the one who really masculinized his face starting at 19 with no skin difference besides some thickness that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and the one who runs Epistane (does not aromatize but does interact with estrogen receptors) and Tren who likes the dryness, avoiding the bloat face effect. You can say test will bloat faces without the right E control. I have yet to see skin changes with DHT, no hair loss either just joint dryness and some libido loss from too little estrogen. You made a mistake with saying steroids interact with 5ar to convert into estrogen. The aromatase enzyme converts some androgens into estrogen, but not all of them do. If someone is trying my current DHT idea for remodeling (research thread, no complete method yet) they won't experience the bloat, may or my not get acne and hair loss.

I tried finding results of testosterone reducing bone mineral density, I am unble to find any such result. Only thing I know is it can cease height growth regardless of estrogen but height growth does not equal bone mineral density, that is about a cartilage matrix turning over into bone. We can find things that are both good and bad for bone mineral density without a correlation to height growth. I can't find anything on testosterone reducing BMD. DHT has the potential to if you antagonize estrogen too much, but it is more efficient than reducing estrogen to the same lows through aromatase inhibitors. The bone mineral thing would be different by steroid, but I seem to be fining more on it being good rather than bad.

What explains things like Zyzz face change for example, did he get a jaw or chin implant, or did he really just develop by starting juice at 19? Cheekbones increased as well. That is not someone who was on a controlled dose through their entire teens. This next example are two brothers but ever watch bigger, stronger, faster? Notice how different the narrator is from his older brother? I never see people with voices like that and faces that broad unless they are already gym built and most likely cycling just like he was and had done lots of in the past. I can't seem to find cases of that hyper masculine voice on natty's, but some people can get this from just running cycles during their teens and have this lasting effect?

This does not say it will build facial changes and deepen voices in full grown adults, or at least not without years of blasting. But the idea that a short duration during puberty wont make a differences isn't entirely true, got some cases of timely dimorphism happening considerably rapid.

Demgainz

Regular
Just lol at steroids. They were created to help old, sick men feel better, not to turn incel into a superman.

White God

Regular
I honeslty believe anyone who takes steroids has BDD. There's really just no reason to take them unless you're a pro athelete or a fitness model etc.

Jawanomics

PSL Hall of Fame
I agree, from what I can see from guys that take them in their 20's that their face doesn't become more masculine apart from probably masseter hypertrophy....you can do that with beef jerky and tough gum. Also neck hypertrophy will make them look more masculine...most don't actually train their neck...so natty gains on neck can be achieved for same look with some specific training.

What I have noticed is the amount of bald-cels on roids, acne-cels, moonfaced-cels, redfaced-cels and looking aged for their age. Ideally you would want a 23.5'' skull as well...that or take HGH so head grows with your body, but virtually no one is on high doses of good quality HGH.

asapanon

Jawanomics said:
I agree, from what I can see from guys that take them in their 20's that their face doesn't become more masculine apart from probably masseter hypertrophy....you can do that with beef jerky and tough gum. Also neck hypertrophy will make them look more masculine...most don't actually train their neck...so natty gains on neck can be achieved for same look with some specific training.

What I have noticed is the amount of bald-cels on roids, acne-cels, moonfaced-cels, redfaced-cels and looking aged for their age. Ideally you would want a 23.5'' skull as well...that or take HGH so head grows with your body, but virtually no one is on high doses of good quality HGH.

That's because it costs literally tens of thousands of dollars a year for a lot of pharma hgh

Ponglenis

Rotter