• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

special thread to the morons who read pubmed and post the studies

IcedEarth

Rotter
the first study about smoking being bad to health and maybe causing cancer appeared in the 50's, more precisely August 7, 1954 in the Journal of the American Medical Association

“… we are of the opinion that the associations found between regular cigarette smoking and death rates from diseases of the coronary arteries and between regular cigarette smoking and death rates from lung cancer reflect cause and effect relationships.”

and this is the picture of the guys who wrote it, from motherfucking 1954 when they wrote it, it was taken in june 1954 at the American Medical Association’s annual conference

that's it

nothing more

thank you for your attention

Happy Go Lucky

Regular
I can't tell you if smoking causes cancer, but I can tell you for a fact that smokers smell bad, especially their hands, hair and clothes. It's disgusting.

IcedEarth

Rotter
Happy Go Lucky said:
I can't tell you if smoking causes cancer, but I can tell you for a fact that smokers smell bad, especially their hands, hair and clothes. It's disgusting.

smoking does cause cancer, I'm pointing out the inconsistency between their work and behavior, they smoke even though they got 100% proof it's bad for them

the reason for this thread is a hint towards science people being just as full of shit as anybody else, and maybe they aren't smarter than common folk in the end so don't take anything they publish as a concrete truth

Narrator

Regular
Rotters
yeah they died
at the age of 70? fucking lol
smoking is nothing