Social rank theory

http://www.huxley.net/rankmood/
One important contribution of rank theory is that it has proposes a hypothesis of how depression actually evolved: it emerged as theyielding component of ritual agonistic conflict. This has been called the yielding subroutine (Price and Sloman, 1987). The adaptive function of the yielding subroutine is twofold: first, it ensures that the yielder truly yields and does not attempt to make a comeback, and, second, the yielder reassures the winner that yielding has truly taken place, so that the conflict ends, with no further damage to the yielder. Relative social harmony is then restored.

Similarly, we may offer the hypothesis that mania evolved as the winning component of ritual agonistic behaviour: the winning subroutine. Here again, the adaptive function is twofold: first, it ensures that the winner truly wins and makes clear that any attempt at a comeback by the yielder will be successfully resisted, and, second, it ensures that should the yielder attempt to reopen the conflict, the winner will have such resources of confidence, determination, strength, and energy that he will force the yielder to yield for good and all.
That the incidence of depression is higher and its course longer than hypomania suggest that natural selection has favoured the prolonged yielding subroutine over its winning equivalent. This could reflect the evident fact that in any asymmetrical society there are potentially more losers than winners..."

King Chad

Normie
I don't have the capacity to read that

Wow, now I know what it must feel like to be ethnic

Change the title to Ethnic Simulator

Miroslav Chad

Slayer
King Chad said:
I don't have the capacity to read that

Wow, now I know what it must feel like to be ethnic

Change the title to Ethnic Simulator
:cage:

doppelganger

Slayer
Bukowski said:
I need ideal IQ to read this.
if a depressed person is attacked by someone else they'll be submissive which restores social harmony. which will also help if the depressed person attacks the other person who will now win again because they have so much confidence from winning the previous conflict

RealRob

Staff member
Masculinity Crew
I think this is legit, much more so than todays fucking explanations for depression by retard psychologists

kunikus

Can you remember a single op from this guy
RealRob said:
I think this is legit, much more so than todays fucking explanations for depression by retard psychologists
fuck off PUA lover

feg

Chad
it's not a discovery but they observe something then they made up a theory which is probably not true since people acted differently through the eons, current comfy society is not what we were used to based on dna