• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

LOL Simps gives his gf money for house down payment, she promptly breaks up with him

TheGreatRecession

Earl of Burma
HQNP

I'm writing to ask a question about gifting my fiancé a down payment for the home we currently live in and bought.

So when I gave her 14,000 for the down payment of our home we were engaged. At this time 2 weeks ago she told me she doesn't live me. And ended our 6year relationship.

I gifted her the money under the assumption that we would be eventually married.

So am I entitled to get anyone my money back?

:jordan:
:goodfellas:

Never simp for a woman, boys.

:banderas:

TheRiddler

Arkham Asylum Fugitive.
In the UK this actually fits the criteria for theft. When you look at the wording of the law, ''appropriation'' can also mean gift according to precedent... in one case law in the UK, a girlfriend broke up with a guy just after he bought her a car. Something this guy could look into.

This could gave ended far worse for him, losing 14000$ sucks but you can recover from that rather easily.

It would have probably been worse if he had marfied her since then the court would have likely sided with her.

Karlsplatz

A Chinese Man
he has a very easy way to make her pay back the money

threaten her with endless lawsuits and follow through

she will use more money on lawyers than she would have to pay him back, perhaps enough for her to lose the house

thats how you do it

Karlsplatz

A Chinese Man
what he should instead do is fake a contract and live there rent free for 5 years

Karlsplatz

A Chinese Man
doing ^ is much smarter, since contracts are easier ot fake

Sexy Grandma

Goddess / Queen
HQNP
he has a very easy way to make her pay back the money

threaten her with endless lawsuits and follow through

she will use more money on lawyers than she would have to pay him back, perhaps enough for her to lose the house

thats how you do it

Sue her for what?

:cage:

Sexy Grandma

Goddess / Queen
HQNP
frivolous lawsuits purely to bankrupt her

same way peter thiel BTFO gawker

Peter thiel BTFO out of gawker by helping Hulk Hogan sue them. Hulk Hogan had good reason to sue, they posted a sex tape of him.

You can't do frivolous lawsuits on a private individual, the judge will just look and say "hmmm it seems your lawsuits are pointless and just trying to bankrupt her" and throw it out.

Karlsplatz

A Chinese Man
Peter thiel BTFO out of gawker by helping Hulk Hogan sue them. Hulk Hogan had good reason to sue, they posted a sex tape of him.

You can't do frivolous lawsuits on a private individual, the judge will just look and say "hmmm it seems your lawsuits are pointless and just trying to bankrupt her" and throw it out.
only in common law countries

in civil law countries oyu can keep frivolousmaxxing