Showing common courtesy seems like too much work

Don Draper

Regular
Too many nods, waves, how are yous, and other superfluities. I'd rather rot in my room and eat Ben and jerrys than have to interact with NTs

Don Draper said:
Too many nods, waves, how are yous, and other superfluities. I'd rather rot in my room and eat Ben and jerrys than have to interact with NTs

Hello, Don. How are you? :blush:

Magnus

Champion
common courtesy is effortless for me, I don't even have to consciously think about it

Don Draper

Regular
[font='Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]the same goes for running really…there is an unspoken etiquette surrounding the runner’s courtesy wave or greeting.[/font][/SIZE][/color]
[color=#404040][SIZE=5][font='Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]since you are my friends, and i only have totally awesome friends, i’m sure you are well aware of this ritual and practice it all the time, but i just thought i would stress the importance of saying hello to your fellow runners out there.[/font][/SIZE][/color]
[color=#404040][SIZE=5][font='Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]think about it on your next long run. you’re up super early. on a saturday (or sunday depending on your training schedule). you didn’t go out the night before because you knew you had to get up early (or maybe, like i sometimes do, you did go out and now you’re paying for it). either way, getting yourself up and out the door is half the battle. as it also is for every other runner you see along your route- we all deserve to be recognized for that.[/font][/SIZE][/color]
[color=#404040][SIZE=5][font='Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]wave. say hello. good morning. grunt. nod. smile.  that little acknowledgment, that brief moment of mutual running respect, can go further than you may realize.[/font][/SIZE][/color]
[/quote]
[hr]
[quote='Sacrificial Lamb']
Don Draper said:

I am good. How do you do?

Don Draper said:
[font='Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]the same goes for running really…there is an unspoken etiquette surrounding the runner’s courtesy wave or greeting.[/font][/SIZE][/color]
[color=#404040][SIZE=5][font='Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]since you are my friends, and i only have totally awesome friends, i’m sure you are well aware of this ritual and practice it all the time, but i just thought i would stress the importance of saying hello to your fellow runners out there.[/font][/SIZE][/color]
[color=#404040][SIZE=5][font='Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]think about it on your next long run. you’re up super early. on a saturday (or sunday depending on your training schedule). you didn’t go out the night before because you knew you had to get up early (or maybe, like i sometimes do, you did go out and now you’re paying for it). either way, getting yourself up and out the door is half the battle. as it also is for every other runner you see along your route- we all deserve to be recognized for that.[/font][/SIZE][/color]
[color=#404040][SIZE=5][font='Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]wave. say hello. good morning. grunt. nod. smile.  that little acknowledgment, that brief moment of mutual running respect, can go further than you may realize.[/font][/SIZE][/color]
[/quote]
[hr]
[quote='Sacrificial Lamb']

I am good. How do you do?

I'm alive.

I just gave myself a tissue massage (to heal old injuries), stretched, and then took a walk at after 3:00 am in the morning. :stomper:

The streets are quiet and deserted at night.