• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Should teeth be touching with correct oral posture?

SINGULARITY

Megastar
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
9,229
Reputation
19
Does your chin get shorter when you do?


I believe their supposed to be apart 0.5mm
 
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #5

uglydeathcel

Banned
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
1,480
Reputation
1
Heterophobic said:
Does your chin get shorter when you do?


I believe their supposed to be apart 0.5mm

Yes it looks shorter when I do
 

Mughal

Banned
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
1,450
Reputation
0
Heterophobic said:
Mughal said:
OP never asked about clenching.

:bye:

watch the vid faget don't raise my blood pressure

Can't right now. But the tongue can't push up properly without the teeth being together and you can't swallow properly either. Teeth should always be together for proper development.
 

SINGULARITY

Megastar
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
9,229
Reputation
19
Mughal said:
Heterophobic said:
watch the vid faget don't raise my blood pressure

Can't right now. But the tongue can't push up properly without the teeth being together and you can't swallow properly either. Teeth should always be together for proper development.

swallowing they should be together

in rest there should be a slight gap like a mm between the teeth
 

Mughal

Banned
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
1,450
Reputation
0
Heterophobic said:
Mughal said:
Can't right now. But the tongue can't push up properly without the teeth being together and you can't swallow properly either. Teeth should always be together for proper development.

swallowing they should be together

in rest there should be a slight gap like a mm between the teeth

Legit. But I can't push upwards without teeth together?
 

Brostorm

Regular
Joined
Oct 27, 2015
Messages
1,755
Reputation
2
Usually if the jaw muscles are completely relaxed the teeth don't touch. There are physiological differences from person to person though, so this might not be universal.
 

lltvyr

Rotter
Joined
Jul 12, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reputation
36
wtf. go to school and take some dentistry classes or smth. normal interocclusal distance or freeway space is 2--4 mm. my dentist even says it doesn't matter at all how much it is, just do what you want, but don't keep them together.
but the textbooks say 2--4 mm

 

Mughal

Banned
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
1,450
Reputation
0
lltvyr said:
wtf. go to school and take some dentistry classes or smth. normal interocclusal distance or freeway space is 2--4 mm. my dentist even says it doesn't matter at all how much it is. just do what you want, but don't keep them together

why not? more pressure on palate.
 

paulus

Banned
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
11,176
Reputation
27
Brostorm said:
Usually if the jaw muscles are completely relaxed the teeth don't touch. There are physiological differences from person to person though, so this might not be universal.

Legit
 
Top