Short philtrum or long philtrum?

shlayer

Slayer
Lets settle this once and for all like we settled compact midface theory, whats better for a male?short philtrum or long philtrum? Imo long philtrum if your midface is short and short philtrum if your midface is on the long side.

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Most good looking guys have normal lengthed philtrums 

For pretty boys, short philtrum is ideal though

shlayer

Slayer
UglyNormalFag said:

Whats normal? Like 15mm?

UglyNormalFag said:

That doesn't mean that it makes them good looking, they just happen to have it

assburger

Gigachad
ultimately depends on ur chin size.

1:2 ratio is good imo or a bit above.. some ppl say 1:25 tho

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Supreme Gentleman said:
UglyNormalFag said:

Actually a lower third that is on the longer side is ideal and for a lot of men a short philtrum looks off. An average philtrum should be fine and never throw off facial harmony. Especially if you have good chin
[hr]
What does Colton Haynes have? 

Goddamn, he's so beautiful tho

whywoulditmatter

Gigachad
To all of you philtrumcels (me) here's a nice big cope that can help

Look at that long philtrum

Veuve

Slayer
almost anyone with a long philtrum would look better if it were shorter so

UglyNormalFag said:
Supreme Gentleman said:
Actually a lower third that is on the longer side is ideal and for a lot of men a short philtrum looks off. An average philtrum should be fine and never throw off facial harmony. Especially if you have good chin
I would say a short philtrum with a tall chin for a longer lower third is ideal, O'Pry's philtrum is very nice for example 
Now if the philtrum were very short then yes I agree it would look wierd, 13-14 mm is golden

shlayer

Slayer
Supreme Gentleman said:
UglyNormalFag said:
I would say a short philtrum with a tall chin for a longer lower third is ideal, O'Pry's philtrum is very nice for example 
Now if the philtrum were very short then yes I agree it would look wierd, 13-14 mm is golden
Do you guys measure to cupids bow? Or top of lips? Mine is like 13mm to cupids bow 11 on top of lips.

shlayer said:
Supreme Gentleman said:
Do you guys measure to cupids bow? Or top of lips? Mine is like 13mm to cupids bow 11 on top of lips.
cupid's bow

shlayer

Slayer
JustTheWayYouAre said:
That chart is bs lmao, most people i see in real life dont have that long of a philtrum only the old folks do.

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
shlayer said:
JustTheWayYouAre said:
That chart is bs lmao, most people i see in real life dont have that long of a philtrum only the old folks do.

That chart is not BS. It was a properly performed study, whereas your observation is a lousy, confirmation biases' and defenses' distorted meaningless output. My philtrum is about 16-17, yet it looks like 20mm at least due to upturned nose causing the optical elongation. If the face is balanced, you are less likely to notice the illusion causing the certain distance to appear shorter or longer than what it actually is.