• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Scientists agree with us "We're not attracted by personality,but by facial structure"

As if it was still necessary, the new genetic researches on attractiveness confirm the overbearing power of facial attractiveness not only as an absolute value but even in comparison with its eternal nemesis, the personality, at the point that even healty relationships  between a man and a woman often are suppressed at the very beginning by a lack of physical attraction.

[font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=xx-small][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif]Dr. Laura O'Halloran: [/font]"When we're talking about first impressions, when you glance at somebody, whether it's a prospective partner or not, if you think ‘well that person is really attractive", it's not usually their personality or their charisma, it's usually just the structure of their face," [/font][/size]

This is the complete documentary 

igesio

Banned
There is still no scientific proof that personality influences attraction

Ehy calm down both of you, I've posted this only cause everytime that someone here try to say this there are a bunch of morons that aggressively accuse him to cope or to be an aspie, honestly i think that the only aspie is someone who refuse this reality

allindaeyes

Banned
^I dont think symmetry is that important, or maybe normal people are just highly asymmetrical? I mean nearly every male model has some asymmetries, even brad pitt has a very easy to notice asymmetry ( nose ) and his was voted as the best nose by women... 

Are you trying to say he has bad symmetry? His symmetry honestly doesnt look that bad, its just his nose and most MMs even have deviated septum, 90% or something of humans have deviated septum. Observe lachowskis polaroids carefully ( easy pics to find where he has his head straight ) and I can notice a bunch of asymmetries, lips too, but they arent obvious. This guys nose is obvious though like Pitts, usually if your deviated septum is that obvious you cant breathe through one nostril and get it fixed. As long as you arent highly asymmetrical its fine, its more about the harmony, MM's look a lot more symmetrical too due to slight diagonal head tilt in every photo.  

The most important thing is harmony, that guy has great harmony, amazing hair too. To OP, I dont understand why ppl do these studies its clear as day since I was a kid that you are attracted to beauty are these guys retarded or something?

Reflex

PSL Hall of Fame
yeh but 

can't beat it man

Thetruthseeker said:
As if it was still necessary, the new genetic researches on attractiveness confirm the overbearing power of facial attractiveness not only as an absolute value but even in comparison with its eternal nemesis, the personality, at the point that even healty relationships  between a man and a woman often are suppressed at the very beginning by a lack of physical attraction.

[font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=xx-small][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif]Dr. Laura O'Halloran: [/font]"When we're talking about first impressions, when you glance at somebody, whether it's a prospective partner or not, if you think ‘well that person is really attractive", it's not usually their personality or their charisma, it's usually just the structure of their face," [/font][/size]

This is the complete documentary 

just lol at 2:21 the girl with the recessed chin thinks she deserves chad. The fucking coping at the end of the video was terrible.

Franktank

Regular
Its symmetry to a certain degree that is needed. No you don't need perfect symmetry for a face but you need just enough symmetry to look normal.

sasuke69

That wasn't even very scientific, looks like a scientific experiment for the local news.... asking ~10 people on the street. 

Here's a website with some legit scientific studies and some face transformation tools as well (normal IQ req).

Click on the topics button

If anything read the last study on social cues and learn to smile. Your welcome.

rigidity

Regular
Practical attraction vs.  Lab attraction.   Sure,  I'm not physically turned on by the fact that my gf is a CPA,  but it helped seal the deal with her as far as an LTR goes. What actually happens irl is multufactorial.   You can't explain it all with your black and white theories,  trueseeker.

REM

they're right about symmetry, but why did they left out a dozens of other more important factors (harmony, balance, maxilla, cheekbones, ...) ? They should include an asymmetrical pic of gandy in the study, he'd kill them all even with half of face missing.

rigidity said:
Practical attraction vs.  Lab attraction.   Sure,  I'm not physically turned on by the fact that my gf is a CPA,  but it helped seal the deal with her as far as an LTR goes. What actually happens irl is multufactorial.   You can't explain it all with your black and white theories,  trueseeker.

Hi rigidity, these are not really theories, these are facts, a theory remain just this when there isn't a scientific experimentation who back the hypothesis but in this case they reached the conclusion after decades of tests on thousands of subjects in different universities arounf the globe, that being said it's not surprising if you think that your gf is ok even if she isn't so attractive, males notoriously have a lower threesold of arousal which is even heavily influenced by the body of the female, while girls have higher standars and they are weakly influenced by a male body if they find the face unattractive, obviously other factors like talness, facial dominanance, shape of the jawline, nose virility, cutting eye, hairs  and zygomatic higness influence the attractiveness of a man.

StraxcityIsGod

Regular
Victory said:
Why are these retards STILL doing research on this? Why do they still act surprised? It's so fucking glaringly obvious I knew this shit when I was 12 years old.

Normalfags have literally no self awareness whatsoever.

Everyone is aware. It's just internet dwellers get fed lies via PUA etc. Though I have to say for some girls they are into my ugly but DOM friend (features are so jacked up) and also this guy who is in the army can punch above his weight. But best thing to do is to just look good simple.

RealRob

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good looks, physical and social dominance, money, status (which is linked to dominance), masculinity (also linked to good looks and physical/social dominance) are all traits/things which will make you more sexually attractive.

heilsa

Rotter
REM said:
they're right about symmetry, but why did they left out a dozens of other more important factors (harmony, balance, maxilla, cheekbones, ...) ? They should include an asymmetrical pic of gandy in the study, he'd kill them all even with half of face missing.

this. they should have consultated lookism.net first