rewqerrqewrqrqewer

Because we're not 5 years old. Palate expander split my front teeth and spread the palate and there's not even any difference facially and that's far more heavy duty than a tongue resting on the roof of the mouth lol. Get SARPE if you really want results and you're still not going to see much unless your palate is HIDEOUSLY DEFORMED as in utterly fucked beyond the range of normality.

If you think you're going to become beautiful with "oral posture" who are you trying to kid? Money -> surgery. That's it.

StraxcityIsGod said:
Because we're not 5 years old. Palate expander split my front teeth and spread the palate and there's not even any difference facially and that's far more heavy duty than a tongue resting on the roof of the mouth lol. Get SARPE if you really want results and you're still not going to see much unless your palate is HIDEOUSLY DEFORMED as in utterly fucked beyond the range of normality.

If you think you're going to become beautiful with "oral posture" who are you trying to kid? Money -> surgery. That's it.
Can you tell us more about your palate expansion? What do you mean it split your front teeth? Was it worth it? Were there any benefits? What method did you use?

The Big Dipper said:
StraxcityIsGod said:

Can you tell us more about your palate expansion? What do you mean it split your front teeth? Was it worth it? Were there any benefits? What method did you use?
Front teeth splitting apart shows that the actual palate itself is expanding. However I saw no facial changes, only a nicer smile (crucial). I could have just gone straight for train tracks for like, a few hundred pounds less but whatever the expansion was worth a shot. I had an actual orthodontic expander fitted.

Rodger There is no off-chance mate. Just no chance. Even orthodontic expanders don't give results as far as I can see on myself. You need jaw surgery if you have problems in that area it's vital.

Amud

Banned
Are you guys retarded? Mewing is the CORRECT, NORMAL posture. It's not a special thing you do, it's just being normal. So what if it isn't going to fix your face? Does that mean you should continue to use incorrect posture? How the hell is having normal posture "coping"?

modified

hairloss expert
Because it's retarded. I have to breathe through my mouth since my entire face got fucked up at puberty. It's asymmetric now and the sinuses don't work right due to that (septum deviation). I can breathe about 40% of my air through my nose max.

I've already had jaw surgery once and I'm getting it again since that's the only thing that can make me average looking.

Also people always blame mouth breathing for a recessed jaw/chin. I developed the opposite problem. Puberty is a bitch.

StraxcityIsGod said:
The Big Dipper said:
Front teeth splitting apart shows that the actual palate itself is expanding. However I saw no facial changes, only a nicer smile (crucial). I could have just gone straight for train tracks for like, a few hundred pounds less but whatever the expansion was worth a shot. I had an actual orthodontic expander fitted.
So when the teeth split, did it leave a gap between them? Is it a toss up over whether or not you can get actual palate expansion versus teeth flaring? I'm actually glad that you said you didn't notice facial changes, because I want to expand my palate to have a wider smile, but was concerned it might have unanticipated negative effects on the rest of my face.
Also, how old were you when you expanded, and how long did you expand for?
[hr]
StraxcityIsGod said:
Rodger There is no off-chance mate. Just no chance. Even orthodontic expanders don't give results as far as I can see on myself. You need jaw surgery if you have problems in that area it's vital.
In fairness, the expander isn't applying upward pressure to your maxilla, right? Whereas the point of mewing is to apply upward pressure, so it seems like you're comparing apples and oranges.

The Big Dipper said:
StraxcityIsGod said:
So when the teeth split, did it leave a gap between them? Is it a toss up over whether or not you can get actual palate expansion versus teeth flaring? I'm actually glad that you said you didn't notice facial changes, because I want to expand my palate to have a wider smile, but was concerned it might have unanticipated negative effects on the rest of my face.
[hr]
StraxcityIsGod said:
In fairness, the expander isn't applying upward pressure to your maxilla, right? Whereas the point of mewing is to apply upward pressure, so it seems like you're comparing apples and oranges.
Yes it left a gap, no there's no toss up it's just Mew exploiting the ambiguity of expansion to make it seem like he's doing something impossible. He can't split the suture, it's fused, it spreads though and the palate can still expand anyway and any orthodontist can do this. I have it in right now I'm 22.

Mewing is useless you need surgery, straight up... I am one of the only people here who has actually seen him in person. Everyone who has seen him in person said he is a scammer, well actually I have spoken to 5 who have seen him face to face and 4 said he came across like a snake oil merchant.

StraxcityIsGod said:
The Big Dipper said:
[hr]

Yes it left a gap, no there's no toss up it's just Mew exploiting the ambiguity of expansion to make it seem like he's doing something impossible. He can't split the suture, it's fused, it spreads though and the palate can still expand anyway and any orthodontist can do this. I have it in right now I'm 22.

Mewing is useless you need surgery, straight up... I am one of the only people here who has actually seen him in person. Everyone who has seen him in person said he is a scammer, well actually I have spoken to 5 who have seen him face to face and 4 said he came across like a snake oil merchant.
I really appreciate you taking the time to answer, and I'm not trying to argue with you, genuinely I'm not, so please don't think that I'm trying to nitpick or prove you wrong in any way...I just want to get to the bottom of this and makes sure I have a thorough understanding. I have never heard Mew claim that he could do something impossible, he seems very up front about the fact that the effects of mewing in adults is completely unknown and that if changes occur, they are likely to be only a couple of millimeters and that would be over the course of a decade. He also says that if your palate is too narrow, you probably need palate expansion, not just mewing. So I'm curious as to why you feel that he's a scammer. What do you think he's scamming about? What was his advice to you in person, and in what way do you think it was false or misguided?

And I'm still not clear on why you feel palate expansion is the same thing as mewing. Palate expansion widens the dental arch, from side to side, so that one has sufficient room to place the tongue on the roof of the mouth. Mewing (or just proper tongue posture) is the practice of having the tongue exert force/pressure ON TOP of the palate, which doesn't occur during palate expansion. 

If he's scamming, he sure isn't choosing a very lucrative angle, considering that most of his advice is just "put your tongue on the roof of your mouth and wait 10 years". 

Thanks in advance for your feedback, it's really important to me because I was considering consulting with him myself and would love to have a more thorough understanding of your experience with him.

FireHaze

Gigachad
I don't know how people can NOT mew. It feels natural to me. I fucking despise getting colds because nasal congestion forces me to mouth breathe which is uncomfortable as fuck.

I was talking about his expansion claims. He says that he can split the suture and that nobody else can do it. He's exploiting some ambiguity in the terminology, it's kind of hard to explain but orthodontists say it's impossible because it is, and he's claiming he can do it (actually split the suture). But you can still expand, expansion works on adults to a certain degree, your front teeth will split etc. and ANY orthodontist can do it, but Mew will tell you he's split the suture and it's magic and nobody else can do it.

I am very tired so I can't explain very well. He tells you you have to do ballooning (NCR) he gets a lot of money from this sham practice as the guy who does the ballooning is a doc he is affiliated with. He also hides a lot of costs and pretends you are getting an "extra special deal" in terms of pricing then you realize there are thousands of pounds of extra costs to account for which wasn't fully explained to you.

StraxcityIsGod said:
I was talking about his expansion claims. He says that he can split the suture and that nobody else can do it. He's exploiting some ambiguity in the terminology, it's kind of hard to explain but orthodontists say it's impossible because it is, and he's claiming he can do it (actually split the suture). But you can still expand, expansion works on adults to a certain degree, your front teeth will split etc. and ANY orthodontist can do it, but Mew will tell you he's split the suture and it's magic and nobody else can do it.

I am very tired so I can't explain very well. He tells you you have to do ballooning (NCR) he gets a lot of money from this sham practice as the guy who does the ballooning is a doc he is affiliated with. He also hides a lot of costs and pretends you are getting an "extra special deal" in terms of pricing then you realize there are thousands of pounds of extra costs to account for which wasn't fully explained to you.
Okay, fair enough. Do you know the name of the palate expander you're using? How long will you wear it for in total? Do you have to retain it, or will the tongue keep the palate from collapsing back into its old position?