Reminder: cheek implants are SHIT

rugby1233

Chad
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The vast majority of malar augmentations are done[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]with alloplasts, probably because putting in a facial[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]implant seems like an easy procedure. Achieving a[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]satisfactory and symmetric result in malar augmentation[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]is difficult, however, for even the most experienced[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]surgeon [11]. In an American Society of[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASPRS) survey[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][12] evaluating malar implants, a high incidence of[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]complications was reported. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thirty five percent of the
surgeons reported malpositioning of malar implants,
25% asymmetries, 15% hematoma/seroma/infections,
15% extrusion, 3% sensory deficit, and as high as 5%
motor nerve dysfunction. Nearly 30% of the surgeons
reported patients’ disappointment with the size, shape,
or contour of their malar implants, and 20–25%
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]reported patient dissatisfaction as a result of asymmetry.[/font]

And it's very rare that I see results that look good / improve appearance substantially. If you're determined to get work done, prioritize lower third.

so for my chubby face , buccal fat removal is one thing i can do, what other legit surgeries can i do then?

YourFaceIsYourLife

LTR = cuck | Effort = it's over | Sun = life
Masculinity Crew
This shit sucks really...I have good upper and lower third and it's middle third, particulary lack of frontal projection in cheekbones is what's fucking me up. And there seems to be no effective procedure for that.

Sociopath1983

Normie
Veuve said:
tru. with cheeks u gotta move bone.
If you are willing to travel abroad you can easily get bone grafting from your hip to your cheek bones... it only works for a small change to their size though. You cant go from hypoplastic zygos to slayer tier high set ones with a bone graft.
[hr]
YourFaceIsYourLife said:
This shit sucks really...I have good upper and lower third and it's middle third, particulary lack of frontal projection in cheekbones is what's fucking me up. And there seems to be no effective procedure for that.
Yeah bone grafting to the zygos is done onto the zygo arch not the frontal submalar area. Only fillers will help with the frontal area.

RememberMew

Normie
Are there any osteotomies which mobilize the zygos other than LF IIIs and ZSOs?

whywoulditmatter

Gigachad
AlwaysLearning said:
so for my chubby face , buccal fat removal is one thing i can do, what other legit surgeries can i do then?
Cheek Fillers

Just go cheap, and go with cheek fillers. It works.

Sociopath1983

Normie
RememberMew said:
Are there any osteotomies which mobilize the zygos other than LF IIIs and ZSOs?
zygo osteotomies are the way to go. Break open the zygo arch and graft bone from your hip. Then slay.

Hope. And that blonde is so adorably beautiful in her before pic.

They need to come out with permanent fillers already.

smellysocks

Gigachad
doubt those fillers look like that in person. Pics may be doctored. She already had good zygos to begin with anyways... wtf is wrong with women

smellysocks said:
doubt those fillers look like that in person. Pics may be doctored. She already had good zygos to begin with anyways... wtf is wrong with women

Surely editing the before/afters is illegal...

Rocky

Normie
YourFaceIsYourLife said:
Same. Hairline and lower orbital/cheekbone forward projection. Everything else is good-great.

rugby1233

Chad
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Based on my painful experience and the countless horror stories that I've read on various message boards over the years, I've come to the conclusion that this type of surgery should be reserved for the reconstruction of severe zygomatic deformities and cheeks that have been seriously damaged in some way. Otherwise, as an elective procedure, the "improvement" that [/font][font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]might[/font][font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] be achieved from this type of surgery is just not worth the serious physical and emotional risks that it poses. [/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Unfortunately, the level of misinformation floating around the web regarding the advantages and drawbacks of this surgery is unacceptably high and the downsides are rarely described in any meaningful detail. One has to conduct a fairly extensive search to learn of the more serious, and in my opinion, more typical risks associated with this procedure. To make matters worse, most of the primary search engine results found through Google or Bing naturally list the websites of doctors who are advertising implants and as a result, it is very easy to get a skewed and inaccurate picture of what you are getting yourself into. [/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I completely agree with missthang05's description of what could go wrong. Here is what I wrote to someone else about the risks:[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"You...need to be aware of the fact that implants can create unintended (often negative and irreversible) changes to your face that could be emotionally devastating for someone who is already very much concerned with their appearance. They could dramatically distort your smile, making it uneven and/or rounder, they could make your face look significantly wider and fuller, cause sagging in your mid to lower cheek area as the implants stretch out your skin, possibly displace your malar fat pad downward, decrease facial definition, cause premature aging of the skin, etc,. This is a truly RADICAL surgery and even when performed by a highly qualified surgeon, its outcome is anything but certain in terms of how it will alter your overall facial structure."[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]One additional point worth highlighting is just how traumatic the surgery is for your facial tissues. In order to insert the implants, your surgeon has to literally pull your soft tissues along with the bone's outer coating (periosteum) off of the cheek bone, cutting into muscle and tearing several facial ligaments in the process. Hopefully things heal properly, but some patients complain of a lingering loose feeling in their skin and this might be the result of the facial ligaments or muscles not properly re-attaching to the bone.  [/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It's also important to realize that, often, both the [/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]doctor[/font][font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] and the patient have powerful reasons to believe that the surgery will help despite evidence to the contrary. At the risk of sounding cynical, surgeons who offer this procedure obviously have a financial incentive to view someone as a good candidate for surgery and downplay the dangers involved. And tragically, patients who are emotionally attached to the idea of making what they deeply feel is a necessary change may be unable to fully appreciate the very real limitations and risks of implants.  [/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If you are interested in having this done, I would encourage you to seek out and possibly schedule a consultation with at least two [/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]plastic surgeons[/font][font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] who [/font][font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]don't[/font][font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] believe in the long-term safety and/or effectiveness of this surgery and get their take on things before you do anything. Off the top of my head, one such surgeon who is especially outspoken in his criticism of malar implants is Dr. Samuel Lam, based in Dallas, TX. [/font]

asiancel

King of Chads
the only cure for retrusion is palatal expansion, lefort, and mewing with vitamin k2, vitamin d3, and other supps to help grow the bone during recovery.

anything else is cope. malar implants are the biggest cope is existance, they also increase the rate of bone resorption. ultimate cuckolding via implants.
[hr]
bone smash is legit as well.

dough

King of Chads
wtf is wrong with u guys. cheeks are the #1 place for fillers. amazing results.