Red Pill - Mirrors don't depict reality of things

If you have ever looked into a mirror, and wondered 'Ah I am not so bad', you are dreadfully wrong. First, mirrors show images in reverse. Second, we see ourselves from a certain perspective that is a particular perspective of our own selves from the point, angle and perception of our own eyes. Third, our faces seem more symmetrical to us when we look into mirrors when they are not. And finally, looking into a mirror and seeing 'not so bad face' is a subconscious coping mechanism of our brains trying to make us feel better and happier when reality is quite the opposite. That is why when you look into a photo of yourself you feel more disgusted, but I'll tell you a secret pal, that is the bitter truth about your face.​

shlayer

Slayer
Legit, thats why i bought a true mirror shows you how you really appear, kinda hard to get used too tho.

rugby1233

Chad
shlayer said:
Legit, thats why i bought a true mirror shows you how you really appear, kinda hard to get used too tho.

Is it just reverse of normal mirror or is there more to it?

i look better in pictures than in pics. 
could it be that i see myself looking worse than i actually do?

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Such a retarded theory people here seem to believe. Listen, yes it's the reverse image of your face. BUT symmetry isn't that big of a deal unless it's drastic. When you look at photos it's just shocking at first because you notice the small assymetries. In reality, it doesn't detract from your attractiveness. Ever look at your friends in a mirror? They look exactly like they do in real life. You wouldn't say "man, you look so different in the mirror than how you do in real life" loll. 

Yeah, you might be looking at yourself in a certain angle. Well, change the angle and just look straight on LMAO. That's pretty much how you look. Get a true mirror. You'll be shocked at first. Then you'll adapt. I've being doing the two mirror angle thing. At first I was like "fuarrrkkkk, is that me?" and now I think I look better with the true mirror angle even though I don't look at myself with it much

Slayer

Normie
Paedophile Clown said:

currypowder

Normie
Paedophile Clown said:

Yes pics are more accurate than pictures.

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
rugby1233 said:
shlayer said:

Angles matter obviously, but just like in pictures. Just look straight on.. that's pretty much how you look

currypowder said:
Paedophile Clown said:

Yes pics are more accurate than pictures.

Lol right?? I think the same thing.. I look like shit in pictures but then I look at pics and I'm like "Ah, not so bad"

shlayer

Slayer
rugby1233 said:
shlayer said:

Its kinda wierd like you see your self more accurate, you need to try one for yourself and  u will see what i mean.

currypowder

Normie
UglyNormalFag said:
Such a retarded theory people here seem to believe. Listen, yes it's the reverse image of your face. BUT symmetry isn't that big of a deal unless it's drastic. When you look at photos it's just shocking at first because you notice the small assymetries. In reality, it doesn't detract from your attractiveness. Ever look at your friends in a mirror? They look exactly like they do in real life. You wouldn't say "man, you look so different in the mirror than how you do in real life" loll. 

Yeah, you might be looking at yourself in a certain angle. Well, change the angle and just look straight on LMAO. That's pretty much how you look. Get a true mirror. You'll be shocked at first. Then you'll adapt. I've being doing the two mirror angle thing. At first I was like "fuarrrkkkk, is that me?" and now I think I look better with the true mirror angle even though I don't look at myself with it much

Does a true mirror app do the same thing??

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
currypowder said:
UglyNormalFag said:

Does a true mirror app do the same thing??

Well, then you got the whole lens distortion thing. Just take a portable mirror and face it perpindicular to your normal mirror and you should see yourself in your "true image"

when i first saw how i really look like i was like "fuck!! is that the real me? and i started crying like a little girl. then i took a picture and i realised i look different in pictures than in pics.
now i don't know who i am anymore.

shlayer

Slayer
Paedophile Clown said:
when i first saw how i really look like i was like "fuck!! is that the real me? and i started crying like a little girl. then i took a picture and i realised i look different in pictures than in pics.
Lol did this really happen? I remember just getting a wierd feeling in my stomach but not crying over it.

shlayer said:
Paedophile Clown said:
Lol did this really happen? I remember just getting a wierd feeling in my stomach but not crying over it.

it really did happen... but then i felt a release, like i didn't have any expectations from myself anymore. i felt free in a way. incel and free.

UglyNormalFag said:

The light receptors of the eye transmit the messages to the 'BRAIN', that is how we see. And a brain is quite a tricky thing especially when it comes to seeing our own selves. Have you ever looked into mapping/cartography of the ancient world vs modernism. There is quite a drastic difference in the perception of space, depth, angles and what is ultimately important. How we see ourselves in the mirror is definitely not how others see us. There is the halo effect, there is the coping survival brain trigger telling us that we are 'passable', and we have seen our mirror image so often since childhood that it seems 'normal'. Repetition nurtures normality, things seem usual and typical even if they didn't seem so initially. This is used in advertising quite a lot.

offthewall

Slayer
UglyPolitician said:
UglyNormalFag said:

The light receptors of the eye transmit the messages to the 'BRAIN', that is how we see. And a brain is quite a tricky thing especially when it comes to seeing our own selves. Have you ever looked into mapping/cartography of the ancient world vs modernism. There is quite a drastic difference in the perception of space, depth, angles and what is ultimately important. How we see ourselves in the mirror is definitely not how others see us. There is the halo effect, there is the coping survival brain trigger telling us that we are 'passable', and we have seen our mirror image so often since childhood that it seems 'normal'. Repetition nurtures normality, things seem usual and typical even if they didn't seem so initially. This is used in advertising quite a lot.

BRUTAL REDPILL, the revelation that I'm used to my face and hence view myself more positively is something that I had started to think about recently.

Temoc

Coper
Pictures are also affect by lighting, you can look great under the riht lights and like crap in others.

Browcel

Chad
Meh, mirrors are actually a lot more legit than a camera due to focal lens distortion.