Rate this cover letter

True Bromance

Regular
"Dear Sir/Madam

I would prefer not to bore you with a generic cover letter that allows you to gain no extra knowlege or insight of me as a candidate and whether or not I am ideal for the xxxx role offered. All necessary information is disclosed in my resume, if you like what you see then I hope to be hearing back from you at some point.

Yours truly

Alec Perry"

True Bromance

Regular
minarima said:
This sort of shit doesn't work, they'd never look at the resume after a cover letter like that.

damned if you do, damned if you dont

what do

cover letter is a requirement for certain apps so its kind of annoying when you are spam applying

True Bromance

Regular
minarima said:
True Bromance said:
damned if you do, damned if you dont

what do

cover letter is a requirement for certain apps so its kind of annoying when you are spam applying

Just write a generic kind of cover letter laying out your main achievements and attributes specific to the role in general but then add specific references to the company you're applying to for each cover latter to give the impression it's tailored.

To be honest I'm surprised anyone here even knows what a cover letter is, I thought all you guys were teenagers.

rofl nah i graduated like a month and a half ago

i have a generic cover letter but one of the interviews i went to straight up said your cover letter looks really generic, like the type that youd just swap the company names.

New Poster

Now on youtube
Well that's a clusterfuck.  First, start off by identifying what job your applying for and what documents are attached.  Then, connect the experience in your resume to the job.  That way, the reader knows how you understand what the job is, and they get a sense that you're a good enough candidate it's worth looking at your resume.  This is Business Writing 101.

True Bromance

Regular
minarima said:
True Bromance said:
rofl nah i graduated like a month and a half ago

i have a generic cover letter but one of the interviews i went to straight up said your cover letter looks really generic, like the type that youd just swap the company names.

Then you need to take the generic cover letter you already have and intersperse what you've written with a couple of paragraphs that lay out what you can bring to that specific company, to that exact role, and your specific motivations for applying to that exact company.

That will literally take an entire day

researching the firms
making the cover letter specific
filling out the application (usually atleast a 1000 words)

i mean fuck

maybe im just burnt out