Darth Vader said:
Techno Viking said:
You need a wraparound shotgun implant ASAP

No coping like the pope for you

no singularity

just a wraparound shotgun implant of the 12GAUGE variety ASAP
Your being irrational because the singularity WILL arrive, google it boyo
Legit.

We will achieve immortality in our lifetime.

PaleBlueDot

Banned
adrift said:
Darth Vader said:
Your being irrational because the singularity WILL arrive, google it boyo
it has arrived. the singularity exists. it's just outside of our grasp. paris exists even though Im not there or experiencing it, same can be said about the singularity and all future events.
I get what your saying but you see space is a physical dimension, whereas time isn't. That means space can be moved back and forth from, but time can't. Interstellar explains this quite well

PaleBlueDot

Banned
adrift said:
Darth Vader said:
I get what your saying but you see space is a physical dimension, whereas time isn't. That means space can be moved back and forth from, but time can't. Interstellar explains this quite well
I actually said a similar thing to FuckThis when it told me time was a circle. Time moves in one direction, towards the future. I'm actually in the process of writing a thread.  You are correct of course with what you say, I can go to Paris in 2009 and I can travel through space back to Paris, but I can't travel through time back to Paris 2009.
Exactly, I'd like to further expand my theory of an alternative to time travel. Let's say it's 2045 and moores law has allowed computers to be able to simulate entire universes down to the atomic scale, u could use this to return to Paris in 2009, it may not be as impressive as time travel, but even if time travel were possible it would take hundreds even thousands of years for time travel to the past to be available