Question for OldRooster about retainer

kibo

Chad
You said you wore it to expand palate.
Did you wear it recently as older and still managed to expand palate?
How safe is it to wear retainer as older?
My orthodontic told me i cant expand  palate now since i am done with growing but we heard even tongue could tiny  reshape bones in adults from that study..
She allowed me to wear it for the sake of one uninomportant tooth but i am planning to wear it for longer and try to expand  palate little if posible.
Will it really expand palate or just push teeth in some weird position(she mentioned it would be just misaligned teeth)?
I am scared not to damage teeth.
I will do it all while being monitored by her,but i am still concerned not to epicly destroy my teeth,one of things where i have good genes
thanks
@"OldRooster"

kibo

Chad
OldRooster said:
Got it when I was 50
Yes it really expanded my palete
Lower teeth required more expansion, did those first, took about a year, went through 4 expanders.
Top palete took 6 months, 3 expanders, could have done it quicker but there is a lag time as they have to take impression for each new expander
Homeoblock find their site for list of dentists near you
so do doctors use retainers for expanding palates in older people regularly or you requested it alone?
I ask to see if my doctor is misinformed when sje told me i cant do that at this age(23) lmao.
Very interesting that you had 3-4 retainers.I thought one is always enough to finish the job.
I dont even know how much i should expand it.I will just wear it 24/7 and see how things will go.
Although i probably have higher risk to fuck up teeth.I wear retainer at night all my life.
thanks for answer.If i have new qustions i wil ask here

kibo

Chad
I am wearing my shitty retainers and doc told me today that i should expand it for one more month and not after it because i could make gaps between teeth which makes sense.Did you have some problem with misaligned teeth which made it effective for you to expand it so much?
Maybe  this is the reason why mike mew modified retainer and cut frontal part of it,not to make gaps between frontal visible teeth but i am just guessing...
Seems SARPE is the only legit way if you want to expand palate as adult.
What is your opinion?Did you make gaps or what?
@"OldRooster"