Posture Training

ZordoNado

Coper
slayer of forums said:
crock of shit, the stretching routines dancers use are by far superior to this faggotry

I agree about the stretching. The best stretch for the hip flexor is the full Gymnastics bridge and the best stretch for the erector spine is the Gymnastics pike.

All the strength exercises are legit.

Nizoral Babe

Coper
Stretching is legit. But the main problem people have with posture is weak back muscles, particularly the traps. This is especially true for guys who do a lot of chest exercises (the typical gym bro) or the guys who just don't lift period and hunch over, for again, because of weak back muscles.

This is a great video (all of his videos are, really) for correcting posture. 

Make it a habit to stand tall, shoulders back (this will be forced, at first) and your head up. I notice a lot of guys with their heads down 24/7 and one of the first things I learned when lifting heavy weight was form - your body and momentum wants to go where you're facing. If you're always looking down, your posture will suffer as a result. But if you keep your head up, your chest will raise, your back will tighten and your shoulders will lock in place. 

Get into the habit of moving only with your arms when you walk too, military style. If you watch professional sprinters, they do not waste energy moving their torso. The mechanical leverage points on the body don't need this excessive movement. Plus it just plain looks stupid. 

G

Gregorian Bivolaru is my hero

Nizoral Babe said:
Stretching is legit. But the main problem people have with posture is weak back muscles, particularly the traps. This is especially true for guys who do a lot of chest exercises (the typical gym bro) or the guys who just don't lift period and hunch over, for again, because of weak back muscles
have you thought about lifting?

Nizoral Babe

Coper
Gregorian Bivolaru is my hero said:
Nizoral Babe said:
Stretching is legit. But the main problem people have with posture is weak back muscles, particularly the traps. This is especially true for guys who do a lot of chest exercises (the typical gym bro) or the guys who just don't lift period and hunch over, for again, because of weak back muscles
have you thought about lifting?
I have. I just weighted in at 200 lbs even today, so it's a good time to start. Not too fat, but not too skinny either.

I would like to be back this size by the end of the month.