DOMorDEATH7

Incel
Joined
Jan 11, 2016
Messages
137
Reputation
0
Watching porn and masturbating leads to porn addiction because the dopamine surge from reaching orgasm is so high, akin to the surge from I.E cocaine. 
Watching porn and masturbating will fatigue your dopamine receptors, and doing so continuously will change your brain's pathways so that your prefrontal cortex will have less influence. Watching porn will make you more happy in the moment, but will make your life permanently worse since you will have less dopamine receptors. 

I am a medical student at a top-tier university, and I have read several books about the limbic system and the cerebral cortex. 
Dopamine is the signal substance that causes motivation, alertness, energy, and more. Fatiguing the dopamine receptors WILL make you more lazy, introverted and less content. It will also cause erectile dysfunction in the long term.  

http://yourbrainonporn.com/brain-scan-studies-porn-users

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, 'Bitstream Vera Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', Meiryo, 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', 'MS PGothic', Osaka, sans-serif]Like the Cambridge University studies it found cue-induced brain activation patterns in sex addicts which mirrored the patterns of drug addicts. In line with several German studies it found alterations in the prefrontal cortex which match the changes observed in drug addicts. [/font]
More porn use correlated with less grey matter in the reward circuit (dorsal striatum).
Addictive drugs, for example, can release two to 10 times the amount of dopamine that natural rewards do, and they do it more quickly and more reliably. In a person who becomes addicted, brain receptors become overwhelmed. The brain responds by producing less dopamine or eliminating dopamine receptors—an adaptation similar to turning the volume down on a loudspeaker when noise becomes too loud.

As a result of these adaptations, dopamine has less impact on the brain’s reward center. People who develop an addiction typically find that, in time, the desired substance no longer gives them as much pleasure. They have to take more of it to obtain the same dopamine “high” because their brains have adapted—an effect known as tolerance.
 

Anakind

King of Chads
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
12,654
Reputation
9
Inb4 illiterate high school dropouts proclaiming "no fap is bro science".
 

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
10,900
Reputation
7
Yeah, porn addiction causes hypofrontality, but it is most likely completely reversible.
 

ketzdinio

Slayer
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
3,584
Reputation
0
So it's alright to just fap noporn then? I sometimes just need to relieve myself so I have started doing just that
 

gogger

Slayer
Joined
Sep 13, 2015
Messages
3,542
Reputation
2
This is why all ancient religions said you shouldn't jerk off/waste your seed, e.g. the tale of Onan etc

Ancient people were so redpilled
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
351
Reputation
0
gogger said:
This is why all ancient religions said you shouldn't jerk off/waste your seed, e.g. the tale of Onan etc

Ancient people were so redpilled

It didn't help me shit.
The thing is, I might've fucked myself earlier with daily 15 faps/
 

gogger

Slayer
Joined
Sep 13, 2015
Messages
3,542
Reputation
2
IamNarratorsRetrudedMaxillae said:
gogger said:
This is why all ancient religions said you shouldn't jerk off/waste your seed, e.g. the tale of Onan etc

Ancient people were so redpilled

It didn't help me shit.
The thing is, I might've fucked myself earlier with daily 15 faps/
it was too late for you
 

redapple

Subhuman
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
36
Reputation
0
One of the main causes of my inceldom is porn addiction.

It effectively destroyed my life, including dating life, career and everything else.


I cannot tolerate it anymore and I simply CANNOT STOP.
 

mydougiefresh

Normie
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reputation
1
DOMorDEATH7 said:
Watching porn and masturbating leads to porn addiction because the dopamine surge from reaching orgasm is so high, akin to the surge from I.E cocaine. 
Watching porn and masturbating will fatigue your dopamine receptors, and doing so continuously will change your brain's pathways so that your prefrontal cortex will have less influence. Watching porn will make you more happy in the moment, but will make your life permanently worse since you will have less dopamine receptors. 

I am a medical student at a top-tier university, and I have read several books about the limbic system and the cerebral cortex. 
Dopamine is the signal substance that causes motivation, alertness, energy, and more. Fatiguing the dopamine receptors WILL make you more lazy, introverted and less content. It will also cause erectile dysfunction in the long term.  

http://yourbrainonporn.com/brain-scan-studies-porn-users

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, 'Bitstream Vera Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', Meiryo, 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', 'MS PGothic', Osaka, sans-serif]Like the Cambridge University studies it found cue-induced brain activation patterns in sex addicts which mirrored the patterns of drug addicts. In line with several German studies it found alterations in the prefrontal cortex which match the changes observed in drug addicts. [/font]
More porn use correlated with less grey matter in the reward circuit (dorsal striatum).
Addictive drugs, for example, can release two to 10 times the amount of dopamine that natural rewards do, and they do it more quickly and more reliably. In a person who becomes addicted, brain receptors become overwhelmed. The brain responds by producing less dopamine or eliminating dopamine receptors—an adaptation similar to turning the volume down on a loudspeaker when noise becomes too loud.

As a result of these adaptations, dopamine has less impact on the brain’s reward center. People who develop an addiction typically find that, in time, the desired substance no longer gives them as much pleasure. They have to take more of it to obtain the same dopamine “high” because their brains have adapted—an effect known as tolerance.
Oh no!
 

SexGod

Coper
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
956
Reputation
0
The Masked Magician said:
Having regular sex with women also destroys your dopamine receptors?
No, porn is worse for your dopamine than regular sex. This is because you see more scences, more intense types(hardcore, etc), and can go for as long as you want (edging). 

I fapped like 2 hrs a day at times, multiples times some days, from 08-2012 Taking like an hour to find a video that was satisfying. Also death grip syndrome, I cant even feel a blowjob. Its getting better now , cut it to once a week and avoiding sugar because thats basically tied into addiction. gonna go noporn now

dopamines coming back slowly  :mrgreen:
 

Anakind

King of Chads
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
12,654
Reputation
9
SexGod said:
I fapped like 2 hrs a day at times, multiples times some days, from 08-2012 Taking like an hour to find a video that was satisfying. Also death grip syndrome, I cant even feel a blowjob. Its getting better now , cut it to once a week and avoiding sugar because thats basically tied into addiction. gonna go noporn now
That one is even worse than the porn addiction itself.
 

MewingAllDay

Normie
Joined
Nov 20, 2015
Messages
1,123
Reputation
1
porn addiction fucks me up because it raises my standards, i could have fucked numerous 4-5/10 slim sluts in the last couple of months but cancelled hanging out with them every time after watching porn. before fap i would fuck them without problem but after fap their faces (most of them had ok bodies) made me feel disgusted so i sent them message i dont want to hang out.
 
Joined
Jan 3, 2016
Messages
532
Reputation
0
I don't reach orgasm, I edge for hours at a time. Then I stop and start again the next day to reach maximum semen capacity.

 
// Infolinks