Photomaxing Guide

Nizoral Babe

Coper
More reason for me to buy an actual camera. Any good camera that also records decent quality? Depending on how good my physique looks post steroids I might try to get sponsored. Going to need some good pictures/video though!

Thanks much!

This kind of stuff is common knowledge among girls on dating websites. We incels are lucky to have a girl willing to share her secrets

Neck Brah

Incel
germanDream said:
This is a picture of the same face at the exact same moment recorded with two cameras. The close one was 45cm away and the far one 135cm using this technique:

s we can see the picture farer away is alot more aesthetic and it was also rated more attractive in the study. i remind you the pictures were taken at the exact same moment with the same lighting, expression etc.

we also all know pictures like that:

which demonstrate mostly the distortion due to distance vs flattening the face at bigger distances.

how do you know how you really look like? if you are too close the camera might make your face too narrow and the nose too big (because it is proportionally alot closer to the camera now than any other part of the face), if the camera is too far it might give you a wider skull and flatter face. 
how do you know how other perceive you?
do you become worse looking the closer the other person is to you? but ive never experienced someone becoming worse looking when i came closer to them so i dont know how that would pan out.
whats one really look like?

Post By German Dream

Neck Brah said:
Post By German Dream
LOL thanks brah, just wanted to post this. im all for discussing legit stuff and all...but my thread received almost no attention at all..probably less than this thread after just 5minutes. just another proof of halo/failo effect :lol:

to add something to this:
i found that the photoshop feature "Shadow/Highlight" has the potential to turn a subhuman into a human. atleast it worked for me a few times. i dont know why exactly, but colouration and skin clarity is definitely a reason. try it out and play with all the setting and you will see you gonna look way better (maye it also looks better because it looks closer to real life)

(not really a good example, just try it out with your own picture)

Nizoral Babe

Coper
dontbelonghere said:
Squinch Your Eyes

"Squinching" is like squinting but with both the upper and lower lids (like youre looking in the sun)

Don’t Smile, Look Away from the Camera

[font=Arial, Helvetica, 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif]According to a study, women find men less attractive when they smile compared to when they take on swaggering or brooding poses.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]All poses, even the face of shame (#4) [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif]were rated as more attractive than the smile.[/font]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/smiling-men-less-attractive-to-women-study-1.1066058

On OK cupid, the combination of not smiling + looking away gets the best response:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-4-big-myths-of-profile-pictures/
Oddly enough, I've talked to a few girls on okcupid with professional pictures or photography as a hobby and they've all said looking into the camera during a selfie as a MAJOR pet peeve. Interesting that you brought it up.

@"sephon" Depression made me lose everything I had worked so hard to achieve. Never again.

Amud

Banned
Learn to flex your zygomaticus muscles. This is the essential thing that male models do when posing (in addition to the squinching), and it is what sets the posed photos of male models apart from other people.

Mouth open, facial musculature relaxed:

Posed photo, tension in zygomaticus muscles:

This is why models have "hollow cheeks".

Amud

Banned
dontbelonghere said:
Amud said:
Learn to flex your zygomaticus muscles. This is the essential thing that male models do when posing (in addition to the squinching), and it is what sets the posed photos of male models apart from other people.

Mouth open, facial musculature relaxed:

Posed photo, tension in zygomaticus muscles:

This is why models have "hollow cheeks".

The first picture is not working for me

How about that?

Amud

Banned
The zygomaticus major and minor muscles are used when smiling, to draw the corners of the mouth upwards. When you smile very slightly using the zygomaticus, or if you are able to flex the zygomaticus without moving the mouth (this is what male models do when posing) the cheeks will become hollow.

Jon Kortajarena has excellent control over his facial muscles, which is why he can create such prominent cheek hollows while appearing to frown. This is also helped by the lighting and his facial hair, and of course by having strong cheekbones and ow bodyfat.

However, when his facial musculature is completely relaxed, he looks like this:

This is because cheek hollows are not caused by genetics or face shape, but by the patterns of tension in the facial muscles.

Here is a perfect zygomaticus semi-smile:

And here is an inferior half-smile, which is done using the risorius muscles.

Nat Wolff does not know how to pose his facial muscles correctly, so when he does the little smirk thing, he is mainly activating the risorius muscles. This is why his cheeks appear soft and rounded rather than hollow.

Nizoral Babe

Coper
Techno Viking said:
Nizoral Babe said:
More reason for me to buy an actual camera. Any good camera that also records decent quality? Depending on how good my physique looks post steroids I might try to get sponsored. Going to need some good pictures/video though!

Thanks much!
when you doin roids brah?
After I cut down to single digit BF. I want to lessen the chance of any estrogen interference. No man boobs here!

Presence

Coper
just lol buddy boyo said:
>feel like shit that no girl thinks I'm attractive
>rarely if ever get matches on tinder
>look at myself in the mirror from thousands of different angles analyzing objectively with Lookism.net standards
>mfw it sinks in

>go on with life as best as I can
>a few weeks later, maybe I start to feel good about myself
>smile and look in the mirror, think "hey, maybe I'm not so bad after all"
>"Better update my tinder pics"
>take a couple pics
Don't worry bro Zyzz said we're all gonna make it

RodgerRabbit said:
I usually get the best results by recording myself in the mirror from a distance and then picking out the best screenshots frame by frame.

I avoid selfies at all cost because I legit look like a 0/10 in those. 

[img=368x500]
Legit. I always knew cameras were lying !

RodgerRabbit said:
I usually get the best results by recording myself in the mirror from a distance and then picking out the best screenshots frame by frame.

I avoid selfies at all cost because I legit look like a 0/10 in those. 

[img=368x500]
mirror pics is cheating tho. it flattens the face, making it broader, coverup uneven features like long nose, recessed chin and stuff like that. every subhuman looks alot better when taking a picture through the mirror...but goodlooking people look good on every picture including closeup selfies etc...so mirror pics are definitely boosting compared to real life

dontbelonghere said:
RodgerRabbit said:
It's ok to cheat though isn't it? Girls cheat all the time with makeup, pushup bras, angles, spanx etc
except this shit aint translating to real life. might as well run sensdep morph game with pictures...and then turn up as a recessed everything subhuman in real life...i dont think thats gonna lead to much

RodgerRabbit said:
The German Dream said:
except this shit aint translating to real life. might as well run sensdep morph game with pictures...and then turn up as a recessed everything subhuman in real life...i dont think thats gonna lead to much
What would be the best way to capture what you really look like to other people then?

I always thought the mirror had to be the most accurate because it literally reflects your real-time image, just flipped. 

Phone cameras can't be accurate because of lens distortion, especially not close up selfies. Same for webcam images. 

I really need to know because I vary 2-3 points depending on what I see myself in.
id go with the mirror too. everything else is distorted either to your benefit or not, simply because the process of taking pictures is artificial and takes multiple steps to reduce information etc. also there is so much things that can influence it...lighting, shadow,  focal length, the light sensor, the distance between camera and you, facial expression at that specific milisecond, the time the light has to enter the sensor, the way the sensor processes the light and colours etc i didnt even mention everything.

a mirror on the other side, is a flat glas with a reflective background. its alot more simple and "naturalistic" because in theory all it does is reflect all the light its being thrown at it without distorting it (only if the mirror isnt 100% flat...which it probably isnt...but i guess 99.99% flat should be good too). so id go with that. but its still saddening that good looking people look good on every picture, no matter what...and i look only decent in one in a thousand pictures when everything came just perfectly together by accident :redstomper: