People counting calories/Gymcels are truly pathetic

jeebusreekris

Normie
Joined
Jul 5, 2015
Messages
1,684
Reputation
3
Just think about it, there are people out there that calculate the exact caloric content of each and every meal, avoid most delicious things like bread and butter and would rather devour horrible cottage cheese.

Those people loose it when they miss a day of workout and, oh jolly, I've seen them, they are so into it when working out, like its an orgasmic experience of the third kind.

Those are the truly pathetic subhumans.

I mean I'm all for working out and I also dont eat breakfast usually but do I give a damn if I miss a week of working out or eat Pizza in the morning?

Fuck those pedantic and perfectionist motherfuckers.
 

Browcel

Chad
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
5,445
Reputation
64
Counting calories helped me lose 40 lbs. I would have lost the weight eventually, but counting helped me achieve my goal faster. Your diet is very important, especially if you are looking to gain muscle or lose fat. People often consume more calories than they are aware of. Counting calories is not pathetic. It is smart and helps you reach your goal scientifically.
 

TRT

Coper
Joined
Jul 19, 2015
Messages
716
Reputation
1
counting calories allows you to eat whatever you want within reason/controlling the portion sizes and thus achieving/maintaining low body-fat which is CRITICAL for looking your best.

i'd rather spend a few minutes each day adding up my calorie totals than 
a - be over 12% bf, i.e fat
b - do boring cardio (not including sport)
c - only eat meat/veg
d - year-round dnp
 

zanz

Incel
Joined
Jul 6, 2015
Messages
154
Reputation
0
If you need count calories so you don't gain weight, your metabolism is burning like a marshmallow over smoldering rubble.

I'm a manlet, rarely do cardio and eat over 4k calories a day without gaining weight. My metabolism is absurd.
 

Arjen Robery

Incel
Joined
Jul 19, 2015
Messages
141
Reputation
0
TRT said:
counting calories allows you to eat whatever you want within reason/controlling the portion sizes and thus achieving/maintaining low body-fat which is CRITICAL for looking your best.

i'd rather spend a few minutes each day adding up my calorie totals than 
a - be over 12% bf, i.e fat
b - do boring cardio (not including sport)
c - only eat meat/veg
d - year-round dnp
Hmm I don't think that counting calories is the only thing that's important

It's also about good Carbohydrates/Proteins/Fats ratios in meals
 

IcedEarth

Slayer
Joined
Jul 5, 2015
Messages
3,215
Reputation
4
I lost more weight with raising exercise than cutting down calories, undereating is legit retarded and bad for you it's the only reason you are skinny fat
 

shitposter

Normie
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
1,562
Reputation
1
TRT said:
counting calories allows you to eat whatever you want within reason/controlling the portion sizes and thus achieving/maintaining low body-fat which is CRITICAL for looking your best.

i'd rather spend a few minutes each day adding up my calorie totals than 
a - be over 12% bf, i.e fat
b - do boring cardio (not including sport)
c - only eat meat/veg
d - year-round dnp
I agree.  I know it seems like I am an assbuger for counting calories, but especially here in the US there are so many fat fucks it is unreal.  I don't think it is unreasonable for most people to do an intermittent fasting style diet where you eat two 1,000 calorie meals a day.  Try to make it as healthy as possible, but you can still include tasty foods and lose weight.
 

TRT

Coper
Joined
Jul 19, 2015
Messages
716
Reputation
1
Arjen Robery said:
TRT said:
counting calories allows you to eat whatever you want within reason/controlling the portion sizes and thus achieving/maintaining low body-fat which is CRITICAL for looking your best.

i'd rather spend a few minutes each day adding up my calorie totals than 
a - be over 12% bf, i.e fat
b - do boring cardio (not including sport)
c - only eat meat/veg
d - year-round dnp
Hmm I don't think that counting calories is the only thing that's important

It's also about good Carbohydrates/Proteins/Fats ratios in meals
it's the single most important aspect of losing fat, by far.
but yh that matters, not hard to be semi-concious of that.
 

Arjen Robery

Incel
Joined
Jul 19, 2015
Messages
141
Reputation
0
Does stopping eating sweets, drinking soft drinks and eating junk foods COMPLETELY help a lot?
 

Browcel

Chad
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
5,445
Reputation
64
IcedEarth said:
I lost more weight with raising exercise than cutting down calories, undereating is legit retarded and bad for you it's the only reason you are skinny fat
It's easier to keep track of what you eat and eat less than to work out consistently and burn calories.

Gymcel Article: https://totalfit.wordpress.com/2007...-the-guide-to-np-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/

Is the real reason a person is still fat is because they couldn’t decide whether to do cardio on an empty stomach or not? Nope. 30 minutes of steady state cardio will burn about 300 calories. Three times per week – 900 calories. Add that up for 26 weeks and we get a whopping: 23,400 calories, or in real terms, 6.6 lbs of fat- in six months! Hardly slimmer of the year material!

  1. If doing the cardio fasted, burned 30% more calories (which it doesn’t, but lets say it does for the purpose of making it seem better than it really is!), you’re looking at another 2lbs of fat in that same six month period, or an additional 0.07 pounds per week.

  1. Fat people finish marathons all the time. Aerobic training doesn’t do a hell of a lot for real world fat loss. Even if you’re hungry.

  1. Luckily, restricted calorie intake coupled with progressive resistance exercise does."




Another good article: https://totalfit.wordpress.com/2007...-the-guide-to-np-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/
 

IcedEarth

Slayer
Joined
Jul 5, 2015
Messages
3,215
Reputation
4
Arjen Robery said:
Does stopping eating sweets, drinking soft drinks and eating junk foods COMPLETELY help a lot?
for most people yes, it fucks up your insulin and you are taking more calories than you think you are

and a lot of junk food are 50% fat, not that fat is bad for you, but you aren't roiding and taking t3 so you don't need it, besides that the fuck knows what those additives do to you in the long run
[hr]
Browcel said:
IcedEarth said:
I lost more weight with raising exercise than cutting down calories, undereating is legit retarded and bad for you it's the only reason you are skinny fat
It's easier to keep track of what you eat and eat less than to work out consistently and burn calories.

Gymcel Article: https://totalfit.wordpress.com/2007...-the-guide-to-np-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/

Is the real reason a person is still fat is because they couldn’t decide whether to do cardio on an empty stomach or not? Nope. 30 minutes of steady state cardio will burn about 300 calories. Three times per week – 900 calories. Add that up for 26 weeks and we get a whopping: 23,400 calories, or in real terms, 6.6 lbs of fat- in six months! Hardly slimmer of the year material!

  1. If doing the cardio fasted, burned 30% more calories (which it doesn’t, but lets say it does for the purpose of making it seem better than it really is!), you’re looking at another 2lbs of fat in that same six month period, or an additional 0.07 pounds per week.

  1. Fat people finish marathons all the time. Aerobic training doesn’t do a hell of a lot for real world fat loss. Even if you’re hungry.

  1. Luckily, restricted calorie intake coupled with progressive resistance exercise does."




Another good article: https://totalfit.wordpress.com/2007...-the-guide-to-np-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/
went down from nearly 130kg's to 93kg

I think I know my shit
 

RealRob

Moderator
Staff member
Masculinity Crew
Joined
Jul 22, 2015
Messages
21,627
Reputation
1,528
Its super easy once you get into it and ull be very good at estimation, which is really all thats needed. During cutting I count them religiously, as every single one of them count If you wanna continue to drop weight, however during "bulk" I let myself some more slack, even If I always make sure to keep myself within reasonable range.

If you want to keep a good looking muscular physique, Its pretty important.
 

Browcel

Chad
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
5,445
Reputation
64
Ideal said:
Browcel said:
It's easier to keep track of what you eat and eat less than to work out consistently and burn calories.

Gymcel Article: https://totalfit.wordpress.com/2007...-the-guide-to-np-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/

Is the real reason a person is still fat is because they couldn’t decide whether to do cardio on an empty stomach or not? Nope. 30 minutes of steady state cardio will burn about 300 calories. Three times per week – 900 calories. Add that up for 26 weeks and we get a whopping: 23,400 calories, or in real terms, 6.6 lbs of fat- in six months! Hardly slimmer of the year material!

  1. If doing the cardio fasted, burned 30% more calories (which it doesn’t, but lets say it does for the purpose of making it seem better than it really is!), you’re looking at another 2lbs of fat in that same six month period, or an additional 0.07 pounds per week.

  1. Fat people finish marathons all the time. Aerobic training doesn’t do a hell of a lot for real world fat loss. Even if you’re hungry.

  1. Luckily, restricted calorie intake coupled with progressive resistance exercise does."




Another good article: https://totalfit.wordpress.com/2007...-the-guide-to-np-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/
ive only read 2 of your posts and i can already tell you are one of those repulsive gymcells who only care about diet and lifting and think they know it all about fitness

fact of the matter is if you find yourself in a postion where you have to track calires you are genetic trash in the first place. normal healthy functioning males dont need to weigh out every gram of rice to s
I am not genetic trash. I am above avg and not ethnic. The fitness part is right though. I want to get bigger since as a kid I had a small frame.
[hr]
IcedEarth said:
Arjen Robery said:
Does stopping eating sweets, drinking soft drinks and eating junk foods COMPLETELY help a lot?
for most people yes, it fucks up your insulin and you are taking more calories than you think you are

and a lot of junk food are 50% fat, not that fat is bad for you, but you aren't roiding and taking t3 so you don't need it, besides that the fuck knows what those additives do to you in the long run
[hr]
Browcel said:
It's easier to keep track of what you eat and eat less than to work out consistently and burn calories.

Gymcel Article: https://totalfit.wordpress.com/2007...-the-guide-to-np-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/

Is the real reason a person is still fat is because they couldn’t decide whether to do cardio on an empty stomach or not? Nope. 30 minutes of steady state cardio will burn about 300 calories. Three times per week – 900 calories. Add that up for 26 weeks and we get a whopping: 23,400 calories, or in real terms, 6.6 lbs of fat- in six months! Hardly slimmer of the year material!

  1. If doing the cardio fasted, burned 30% more calories (which it doesn’t, but lets say it does for the purpose of making it seem better than it really is!), you’re looking at another 2lbs of fat in that same six month period, or an additional 0.07 pounds per week.

  1. Fat people finish marathons all the time. Aerobic training doesn’t do a hell of a lot for real world fat loss. Even if you’re hungry.

  1. Luckily, restricted calorie intake coupled with progressive resistance exercise does."




Another good article: https://totalfit.wordpress.com/2007...-the-guide-to-np-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/
went down from nearly 130kg's to 93kg

I think I know my shit
 Cool
 

White God

Normie
Joined
Jul 2, 2015
Messages
1,284
Reputation
0
You can lose weight without counting calories exactly. Just know the rough amount of calories e.g. 150g of potato chips is about 900cal. A 220g cadbury chocolate block is about 900 cal.
 
Top