• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

online dating in the early 2000s must have been like shooting fish in a barrel

yungfett

Regular
what do you guys think? I always hear from people about how much easier it was to hookup online in the past.

chadrat
HQNP
I never see people here talking about just how much the SMV has changed from the early 2000s to now. a radical shift happened around 2012 with the boom of instagram, post-hipsterdom/trendiness, etc. but most people here are too young to have lived through this

life was generally more laid back back then (early 2000s), no requirement to stylemax, to look like a male model to have any chance at a NORMAL life, etc. looks discrimination obviously existed back then but these new mediums have changed the game 4real xDd

Early turn of the century online dating was minutely easier. It was like shooting fat and ugly fish in a barrel. It's gotten worse, but it's always been bad.

yungfett

Regular
666 said:
I never see people here talking about just how much the SMV has changed from the early 2000s to now. a radical shift happened around 2012 with the boom of instagram, post-hipsterdom/trendiness, etc. but most people here are too young to have lived through this

life was generally more laid back back then (early 2000s), no requirement to stylemax, to look like a male model to have any chance at a NORMAL life, etc. looks discrimination obviously existed back then but these new mediums have changed the game 4real xDd

how old are you? I came of age during the early 2000s but was still too young to enjoy it as an adult.

Wallace

Regular
snap Chad ruined everything IMO. You gotta have enough angularity to look good on a poorly takes iPhone selfie