• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

One of the worst feels when you get older...

Happy Rotter

Rotter
Joined
Dec 15, 2015
Messages
3,537
Reputation
65
...is that you come to the realisation that you're just a pleb like everyone else. That you're nothing special, you're not going to be a famous musician or anyone of any importance. People are not going to remember you when you die, and you aren't going to have any sort of legacy.

You start to face the facts that you're no better than the plebs you went to school with, that you would mock and deride after you first left school because they got fat / had a kid / got a shitty job while you went to college. In fact they are probably better at life than you because at least they are NT and trying to make the most of the shitty hands they were dealt in life. Whereas you rot in your bedroom, coping by telling yourself you're going to 'make it' one day. If that were true though it would have happened by now.
 

LordSUPER

Banned
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,529
Reputation
3
Unless you get good looking
in which case all problems become obsolete
 

Anakind

Champion
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
12,626
Reputation
46
LordSUPER said:
Unless you get good looking
in which case all problems become obsolete

You're obviously one of the many young guys here with no life experience if you think all your problems would suddenly go away if you just had a better face.
 

gentsupreme

Regular
Joined
Jun 24, 2016
Messages
1,267
Reputation
1
Happy Rotter said:
...is that you come to the realisation that you're just a pleb like everyone else. That you're nothing special, you're not going to be a famous musician or anyone of any importance. People are not going to remember you when you die, and you aren't going to have any sort of legacy.

You start to face the facts that you're no better than the plebs you went to school with, that you would mock and deride after you first left school because they got fat / had a kid / got a shitty job while you went to college. In fact they are probably better at life than you because at least they are NT and trying to make the most of the shitty hands they were dealt in life. Whereas you rot in your bedroom, coping by telling yourself you're going to 'make it' one day. If that were true though it would have happened by now.

know dat feel too much
 

LordSUPER

Banned
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,529
Reputation
3
Anakind said:
LordSUPER said:
Unless you get good looking
in which case all problems become obsolete

You're obviously one of the many young guys here with no life experience if you think all your problems would suddenly go away if you just had a better face.

Hehe, what life problems would you have if you looked like god?
 

paulus

Banned
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
11,144
Reputation
47
Happy Rotter said:
...is that you come to the realisation that you're just a pleb like everyone else. That you're nothing special, you're not going to be a famous musician or anyone of any importance. People are not going to remember you when you die, and you aren't going to have any sort of legacy.

You start to face the facts that you're no better than the plebs you went to school with, that you would mock and deride after you first left school because they got fat / had a kid / got a shitty job while you went to college. In fact they are probably better at life than you because at least they are NT and trying to make the most of the shitty hands they were dealt in life. Whereas you rot in your bedroom, coping by telling yourself you're going to 'make it' one day. If that were true though it would have happened by now.

Holy shit


Redpill post of the week imo
 

Anakind

Champion
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
12,626
Reputation
46
LordSUPER said:
Anakind said:
You're obviously one of the many young guys here with no life experience if you think all your problems would suddenly go away if you just had a better face.

Hehe, what life problems would you have if you looked like god?


As a young guy it's natural to think that the only problems that could possibly exist in the world are those that you have yourself. But once you get older you become a lot more disillusioned with this naivete.
 

LordSUPER

Banned
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,529
Reputation
3
Anakind said:
LordSUPER said:
Hehe, what life problems would you have if you looked like god?


As a young guy it's natural to think that the only problems that could possibly exist in the world are those that you have yourself. But once you get older you become a lot more disillusioned with this naivete.

Problems may still persist but it will be increasingly easy to deal with them if you have the self esteem and confidence that your looks will bring you.
 

Anakind

Champion
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
12,626
Reputation
46
LordSUPER said:
Anakind said:
As a young guy it's natural to think that the only problems that could possibly exist in the world are those that you have yourself. But once you get older you become a lot more disillusioned with this naivete.

Problems may still persist but it will be increasingly easy to deal with them if you have the self esteem and confidence that your looks will bring you.

It's a lot more complicated than that b/c our brain doesn't adapt to this new phenotype so easily as an adult. Our brain plasticity is more malleable when we grow up. I'm a perfect example of this. I used to be the shortest kid in my class until around 16 or so. Then I made a huge growth spurt to 6'3". But my self-esteem is still based on being a short kid.
 

LordSUPER

Banned
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,529
Reputation
3
Anakind said:
LordSUPER said:
Problems may still persist but it will be increasingly easy to deal with them if you have the self esteem and confidence that your looks will bring you.

It's a lot more complicated than that b/c our brain doesn't adapt to this new phenotype so easily as an adult. Our brain plasticity is more malleable when we grow up. I'm a perfect example of this. I used to be the shortest kid in my class until around 16 or so. Then I made a huge growth spurt to 6'3". But my self-esteem is still based on being a short kid.

It's entirely mental. Self esteem should not be used as an excuse because of the fact that the human mind is still able to mould itself into the current situation. You just need to let go of everything, and rebuild a new mentality from scratch.
 

Anakind

Champion
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
12,626
Reputation
46
LordSUPER said:
It's entirely mental. Self esteem should not be used as an excuse because of the fact that the human mind is still able to mould itself into the current situation. You just need to let go of everything, and rebuild a new mentality from scratch.

Well, we should. I wish it was that easy though. Another typical example was my cystic acne at around 19. I was treated like a leper back then. Even today 15 years later when people actually treat me very well my brain still works like I'm that acne-ridden kid.
 

LordSUPER

Banned
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,529
Reputation
3
Anakind said:
LordSUPER said:
It's entirely mental. Self esteem should not be used as an excuse because of the fact that the human mind is still able to mould itself into the current situation. You just need to let go of everything, and rebuild a new mentality from scratch.

Well, we should. I wish it was that easy though. Another typical example was my cystic acne at around 19. I was treated like a leper back then. Even today 15 years later when people actually treat me very well my brain still works like I'm that acne-ridden kid.

I have similar experiences to you too, they still shell shock me. It will fix itself over the holdiays. Just spend lots of time becoming attuned with your new mindset, similar to how a new animal needs bonding time with it's zoo environment to become comfortable. Calm, meditative thinking plus confidence will be the saviour. Having confidence means you are in touch with yourself and know that you will still be secure with yourself no matter what outcome.
 
Top