albert_camus

Incel
I've been battling androgenetic alopecia since i was 23. I immediately started to use minoxidil and topical spironolactone 5% cream which was having an effect for about a year and a half before the shedding was picking up speed again. I then switched to RU58841 which was able to slow the hairloss considerably for years but which required me to frequently up the dosage. In 2018-2019 i was using 150 mg ED and i was still gradually losing hair so i added topical finasteride which in retroperspectiv, didn't make that much of a difference. I still had mild scalp itching and 50-60 hairs shedding in the sink after towelling it. My libido would also fluctuate like crazy. My hair was clearly thinning at the temples.

My hairloss appears to be moderat in nature, but over the last 7 years the hair follicles appears to have gotten more sensitive to the androgens in the scalp which is a normal part of the aging process. This made me realize continueing ru and topical finasteride would be senseless so i stumbled over hemingway's thread on oh-flute and decided to go with it. And it 's been working great since.

Basically, two months of 50 mg topical Oh-flutamide 2x ED (about each 10-12 hour) have completely calmed my scalp, no itching, shedding down to 10-15 hairs in the sink. The thinned hair follicles at the temples appears to have gotten some more robust. Side effects are mild loss in libido and delayed ejeculation. No erection problems. The sides were worse with ru and topical finasteride.

At worst this treatment have bought me months before the shedding picks up again, but seeing how far into this disease i am and how great this stuff works on only 100 mg a day, makes me believe i would be able to maintain for a long time. Whatever it is, everyone not getting effect from finasteride or don't want to use it, should try this asap. This may be the best stop-gap we will have before a permanent cure is available.

There is some systemic absorption, like with anything else you apply to the scalp, but judging by the mild side effects i'm experiencing on 100 mg, it must be low. I mean, according to hemingway's thread , oh-flut have a half life around 5-6 hours and is several times more potent then RU. Still, i get less side effects on it which shouldn't be the case as RU only have a half life of 1 hour and thus less systemic build up. I guess it boils down to how Oh-flut competes with testosteron in the body.

Oh-flute is the active metabolite of flutamide, a FDA approved drug and have weaker binding affinity then testosteron.

Price shouldn't be an issue for most as RU + topical finasteride costs more to run then oh-flut 100 mg ed.

3/10CurryCel

Normie
just take a fin pill or a dut pill

jews made it because they couldnt hat maxx easily anymore.

It works almost all the time.

only downside is that your frame wont grow and your facial hair will be the same.

striker

libertarian
competes with testosterone? i don't like the sound of that...did you do a before/after of your hormonal profile?

Demislayer

Slayer
Another tranny drug and OP wonders how possibly it could have slowed down his hairloss

albert_camus

Incel
the thread im referring to:

OH-flutamide is the active metabolite of flutamide which is perhaps the most popular oral anti-androgen with the shortest half-life. Orally flutamide can be taken up to 750mg per day and it can be moderately liver toxic at such high dosages.

OH-flutamide, however, is much less liver toxic and has great potential for hairloss. It has the shortest half-life of all FDA approved drugs. Its half-life is around 5-6 hours but due to its weaker binding affinity than testosterone, it causes almost no effects unless present in much higher concentrations than testosterone.

For this reason, it can be used in the scalp to produce a local effect but cause minimal systemic side effects. Typically scalp absorption peaks at around 16 (depending on the study and vehicle) hours providing for relatively sustained release of the drug applied

jf4f1Wc.png

Not many people studied into flutamide enough to know that OH-flut is actually the active component of the drug and can only be converted by the liver. Flutamide in its base form is almost inactive compared to OH-flutamide HOWEVER a few studies for hairloss actually compared flutamide in its base from topically with finasteride.

This study actually showed that flutamide in its base form topically was slightly more effective than finasteride when used topically which begs the question, just how effective would OH-flut have been...

QBHwbW6.png

79uAcdK.png

Additionally, studies have shown that it's able to decrease prostate weight by more than finasteride which means it was able to reduce androgenic gene expression to a greater extent. Thus we can conclude that it will be more effective than finasteride for hair loss.

A9Vws9c.png

Unlike RU58841 OH-flutamide is actually the active metabolite of an FDA approved drug and its risks and side effects are very extensively researched. There is no worry of cardiotoxicity or potentially being carcinogenic with OH-flut as is often a cause for concern with RU58841

Anecdotally speaking, I have suggested topical bicalutamide to a few people and 3/4 of them reported great success up to 12 weeks whereas they were not fully responding to finasteride. They since have not logged back into these forums so I haven't been able to follow up with them, but I'm going to assume they're doing great and living their lives.

Bicalutamide, however, has a ~6 day half life making topical treatment very difficult due to the systemic build up. OH-flut is essentially the shorter twin to bicalutamide as it has a half-life of around 6 hours making topical use much more realistic.

From this we can theorize that OH-flut topically possibly can be an effective and potentially better treatment than finasteride for hairloss and it may even be helpfull for those who are unfortunate enough to not fully respond to finasteride.

As far as dosage, it would most probably require at most 100-150 mg per day for full scalp coverage.