New McDonald’s In Phoenix Run Entirely By Robots

http://newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/

"36-year-old Paul Horner, a spokesman for McDonald’s told reporters that because of the demand for a $15/hr minimum wage, the company has been playing with the idea of a restaurant run entirely by robots for years and believes their “McRobots” are the answer."

"The new robot McDonald’s is located at 7th St & McDowell Rd in downtown Phoenix. McDonald’s says that if the store is a success, 25,000 more robot-run restaurants will be built in the next year."

Ive been blabbering about technological unemployment for years only to be met by ridicule. But now see whose right.

Its going to be even more fucking hilarious when the retards on here who are studying for skilled labor which is also going to be replaced by automation within the next 10 years, winds up with no job and a mountain of student loan debt.

deadinsidedeadoutside said:
lol @ you acting as some prophet who saw this coming, almost everyone on this planet living in the west with basic education saw this coming

also some careers can't be automated like doctors, lawyers, engineers until we have developed AI/robotic consciousness 

the only careers that are repetitive in nature (accounting, service industry, etc) can be automated for now
I dont act like some prophet, I was referring to all the ridicule I received from users on here when I talked about the ramifications of tech unemployment.

Not true, there are already robots working within pharmacy and e-discovery is putting a large dent on the demand for lawyers. Watson, the supercomputer that beat man in jeopardy, is going to aid and displace doctors as well.

Youre being delusional for not understanding the giant impact that automation is going to have.

Vertu

Incel
Only people who have low-skill low-intellect jobs should even be worried about being replaced by a robot (in our lifetime)

In other words, only peasants are losing out.

i like the way this is going...but we need the governments to jump in here and find a way to make companies pay for it to cover unemployment money. we cant have additional millions of jobless people while big corporations make billions of additional profit...thats gonna lead to really bad things

madmaxmandem said:
Those machines are still going to need regular maintenance, some will suffer due to structural unemployment but some company somewhere will get a contract for maintenance, servicing of these robots etc.
The point is that the net loss in jobs is huge, the maintenance work required is nothing compared to the amount of work needed prior by humans. So millions of people will be out of jobs eventually leading to structural unemployment of such levels that the economy will grind to a halt as a result of peoples lack of purchasing power.

allindaeyes

Banned
I thought accountants had to have some level of communication with clients/humans? Just like GPs I think thats the kind of human interactment which cant be feigned ( before u tell me ur an idiot, im 16 and fking clueless. I'm sorry but I have gotten 0 information about careers lmfao )

Fuck I might just have to stemcel if they are replaceable easily.... Idc and I dont have a passion for anything but I want money so I can escape the middle class. Obviously it will take a long time but I thought the start with accounting would be good/easy

madmaxmandem said:
sensorydeprivation said:
deadinsidedeadoutside said:
lol @ you acting as some prophet who saw this coming, almost everyone on this planet living in the west with basic education saw this coming

also some careers can't be automated like doctors, lawyers, engineers until we have developed AI/robotic consciousness 

the only careers that are repetitive in nature (accounting, service industry, etc) can be automated for now
I dont act like some prophet, I was referring to all the ridicule I received from users on here when I talked about the ramifications of tech unemployment.

Not true, there are already robots working within pharmacy and e-discovery is putting a large dent on the demand for lawyers. Watson, the supercomputer that beat man in jeopardy, is going to aid and displace doctors as well.

Youre being delusional for not understanding the giant impact that automation is going to have.
There's nothing new in what you're saying.

Assembly line workers lost out in the 70s when they were replaced by robots, this is the same thing.

Change in technology, mismatch between skills in the labour market and skills demanded by employers.

Simple.
The point is jobs are being replaced much faster than new jobs are being created. This leads to structural unemployment and lack of purchasing power to drive the economy.

The assembly line worker in the 70s could move on to the service sector. But what new sector is going to magically arrive to absorb hundreds of millions of people most who have no education or intelligence?

What happens to an economy in the monetary market system when unemployment reaches 20% 30% or even 50%?

madmaxmandem said:
sensorydeprivation said:
madmaxmandem said:

Assembly line workers lost out in the 70s when they were replaced by robots, this is the same thing.

Change in technology, mismatch between skills in the labour market and skills demanded by employers.

Simple.
The point is jobs are being replaced much faster than new jobs are being created. This leads to structural unemployment and lack of purchasing power to drive the economy.

The assembly line worker in the 70s could move on to the service sector. But what new sector is going to magically arrive to absorb hundreds of millions of people most who have no education or intelligence?

What happens to an economy in the monetary market system when unemployment reaches 20% 30% or even 50%?
Markets adapt, some people win out and some people lose out.
You dont seem to have a basic understanding of how the monetary market system works. Its dependant on cyclical consumption which cannot continue if people dont have money to buy things with.

If 50% of people are unemployed then that means they dont have purchasing power to buy goods and services with, which means that companies who provide those goods and services, such as mcdonalds will lose profit.

IcedEarth

Slayer
dear sensoryfaggotry, the market does adapt and people move on

we changed horses for cars too

madmaxmandem said:
sensorydeprivation said:
madmaxmandem said:

Simple.

Markets adapt, some people win out and some people lose out.
[hr]
sensorydeprivation said:
madmaxmandem said:

Simple.

What you're saying doesn't all happen an once. It will take years, possibly even decades until this is the mainstream. The labour market will adapt to the shock accordingly, in the short run some people get fucked.
The whole point is that the net loss in jobs is too great for the labour market to adapt to.

What jobs do you think will eventually come into existence that will absorb all of these hundreds of millions of unemployed people?

IcedEarth

Slayer
sensorydeprivation said:
The whole point is that the net loss in jobs is too great for the labour market to adapt to.

What jobs do you think will eventually come into existence that will absorb all of these hundreds of millions of unemployed people?
it takes decades to upgrade all stores

IcedEarth said:

Using your logic would be like horses discussing what would happen to them due to the invention of new cars back in the early 1900s, and someone arguing the horses needn't worry because new jobs that we cannot possibly imagine will be available for horses in the future.

IcedEarth

Slayer
sensorydeprivation said:
IcedEarth said:

Using your logic would be like horses discussing what would happen to them due to the invention of new cars back in the early 1900s, and someone arguing the horses needn't worry because new jobs that we cannot possibly imagine will be available for horses in the future.
why are you interested in the usa job market when you are a scandinavian freeloader?

IcedEarth said:
sensorydeprivation said:

it takes decades to upgrade all stores
No it doesn't lol, did you read the article? 25 000 new automated mcdonalds stores being made next year.

IcedEarth said:
sensorydeprivation said:
IcedEarth said:

why are you interested in the usa job market when you are a scandinavian freeloader?
If you think that this only concerns the USA job market, then you are dumber than I thought

rigidity

Slayer
If you work a highly repetitive job that can be understood as a kind of simple algorithm, then you have much to fear.  Folks that have to think about things that cannot be understood entirely quantitatively have nothing to worry about.  A machine, at least in our lifetime, will never be able to do the job of someone working in sales, teaching, medicine, or law amongst tons of other jobs.

Imagine a robot doing sales...  You have to get into your prospective client's head using subtle psychological games scientists hardly understand let alone have an algorithm for.  Imagine a robot third grade teacher - that's not happening anytime soon.

IcedEarth

Slayer
sensorydeprivation said:
No it doesn't lol, did you read the article? 25 000 new automated mcdonalds stores being made next year.
in the USA

if this one is successful

macdonalds jobs are shit tier anyway