ThatDude

Coper
UPDATE:
Negative Canthal Tilt has nothing to do with Negative Orbitals.
It only happens when the cheekbones are low (thanks to @Magnus)
------

Negative Canthal Tilt is caused by Negative Orbital Vector.

This is what a negative orbital Vector is:

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]When the problem is more than slight, the offending cause is typically poor formation (or sometimes absorption) of bone associated with poor forward projection of the orbital rim ("negative vector") and/or cheek bones ("malar hypoplasia") allowing a normal complement of soft tissue (skin, muscle, fat) to slide downward secondarily from lack of support. Soft tissue shortage itself is seldom the main cause of depressions over the bone.[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anatomic basis for
suborbital volume deficiency
[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bone Formation[/font]
[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]                          Poor                                                                                                    [/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Normal[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Despite easy availability, some of the methods commonly offered are unable to address anything more than very slight suborbital volume shortage, even when it is much less than shown in the photos above.[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]The plastic surgery results are mediocre, because they only go on the SOFT TISSUE, not on the bone.[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]The only thing that can help is: [/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]mewing[/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/font][/font][/size]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Put the tongue on the roof of the mouth until you die:[/font][/font][/size]

Magnus

Lookism God
Wrong, NCT is caused by low cheekbones 

Tear troughs are caused by negative orbital vector

HEROIN

Chad
idk I have colored eyes and good PCT and am truecel meanwhile my friend has strong melting NCT and has a cute GF

piX

Banned
What is defined thin inner canthus caused by?

Browmog

Slayer
Nobody in those pictures has negative CT, but neutral.

Magnus

Lookism God
rotting theory said:
Magnus said:
Wrong, NCT is caused by low cheekbones 

Tear troughs are caused by negative orbital vector
hm... i got low to no cheekbones at all and got very PCT

theory debunked
Are you sure they're not just narrow?

madskills

Coper
i think its a soft tissue thing. This chick has poor orbitals and still a positive tilt

ThatDude

Coper
@"madskills" 
Yes it's because I was wrong with the NCT thing.
NCT is caused by low cheekbones like @Magnus said

ifhy

Coper
ThatDude said:
@"madskills" 
Yes it's because I was wrong with the NCT thing.
NCT is caused by low cheekbones like @Magnus said
Doesn't make sense. Then all people with low cheekbones would have NCT.

JSanza has no cheekbones, no nothing and has PCT

Mychal Kendricks has perfect bones and NCT

Johnny Depp has low cheekbones and he's neutral

Browcel

Chad
Legit this thread just gave me a shit ton of motivation. I WILL ASCEND!

MewingAllDay

Normie
ive seen people with flat faces and pct and those with strong froward growth and nct so eye shape must also be genetic. i have nct and there are some people in my family that also have it despite them having solid forward growth. i also never saw woman irl with nct

will malar augmentation through silastic or fascia implants help  someone with NCT?

:=) said:
ifhy said:
Doesn't make sense. Then all people with low cheekbones would have NCT.

JSanza has no cheekbones, no nothing and has PCT

Mychal Kendricks has perfect bones and NCT

Johnny Depp has low cheekbones and he's neutral

Explanation please.
Aspies want to believe everything depends on a single cause which is obviously wrong.

First off: Canthal tilt depends on both canthuses. A high medial canthus can cause NCT with an otherwise normal lateral canthus.
The position of the medial canthus is pretty much fixed due to bone growth.

Lateral Canthus Factors:
-Shape of lateral supraorbital rim (the lower it is, the lower the lateral canthus)
-Infraorbital rim (more forward/higher -> higher the lower eyelid -> less weight on the lateral canthus -> higher lateral canthus)
-Soft tissue in general (elasticity etc)
-Soft tissue problems (Graves' disease, edema, allergy related swelling etc) 
-Exact position of the eye in the orbit (depends on the whole orbital bown
-Size of the eyeball in relation to the orbit
-Muscle (orbis ocularis mostly)

The cheek has very little to do with it. It offers some soft tissue support (though just getting cheek implants will NOT fix this, the opposite is more likely in fact) but mainly it's just an indicator of where the orbital rim is. That's technically the same bone of course but what people here do (look at cheekbone protrusion) is nonsense.

then we all who suffer from NCT are fucked?

Epley says in his website that he can fix an anti mongoloid slant / negative canthal tilt through a canthoplasty, is he lying to his patients then?