My real-world observations about lookism (from working in hospitality)

AsianAspie

Incel
tl;dr:
ugly - perpetually negative mindset, bitter, loves to bring others down with them.
gl - consistently high in dopamine, always excited about life, having fun and living in the moment. encouraging and supportive of their friends

inb4 man walks on moon

I've worked at joints considered 'trendy', thus attracting many young couples on dates. Due to the location I served many middle-aged workcels too. It's amazing how often I noticed someone's good looks determining how nice they were, or whether they were an utter cunt if they were ugly. Applies to both guys and girls.

Examples:
I'd be behind the till serving all sorts of people. Virtually every shift there were the following customers in some shape or form.

- cute 16 yo and her equally attractive friend: massive smile when ordering, often very talkative and chirpy, good manners every time (thank me profusely when all I'm doing is my job). Clear, confident & projecting voice.   
vs
      - average/ugly 16 yo with braces: barely talks to her friend in the queue, sullen/gloomy look on her face all the time, insecure when she speaks so I can barely hear her order. Doesn't say anything to me after, not even a 'thank you'.

- Athletic, Handsome, broad-shouldered, stubbled ~25 yo dude with hot gf:
         me: 'Real sorry m8 we're out of the chocolate fondue tonight. I'd recommend the chocolate crepes though, they're really good.'
         slayer: 'Oh no stress man, yeah you guys seem real busy tonight. Thanks for the suggestion!'
         He was Joking around and laughing with his gf the entire time and even left a small tip on the table when they left. Opposed to unattractive couples (especially fob asian couples) would often spend half the time ignoring each other on their phone and never leave a tip.
vs
      - Ugly middle aged workcel/eyebagcel with unattractive spouse: 'Are you bloody kidding me? Every time we come in there's a massive line and now you don't even have what you advertise. This is just SHIT SERVICE.' Tries to make a scene and storms out. People look up for half a second then go back to looking at their phones. Wife looks embarrassed but doesn't say anything, just meekly follows him out.

Co-workers:
I was friend-zoned with 2 female coworkers (20 yo and 22 yo). 20 yo was legit hot, 22 yo wasn't hideous, but chinless, and I found out she had plastic surgery stalking her old fb photos.
Every time I met up for coffee with the hot 20 yo, she was really chirpy/happy/talkative and laughed at my jokes (even though she probably didn't want to fuck me. And I never tried).
vs
22 yo: stopped hanging out with her because she was such a negative whiny bitch. Complaining about someone/something every time she opened her mouth. Afterwards I'd feel depressed about life for a good couple hours.

Another very interesting observation: 
EVERY time I brought up a mutual acquaintance/coworker/celebrity etc. in conversation, 22 yo first response would be 'oh he's ugly though', despite me having said NOTHING to prompt a discussion about looks. She would NEVER compliment anyone. 
Conversely the 20 yo rarely ever spoke about who she thought was hot, instead it was mostly things like 'omg I'm so excited about this festival/going to France/going out Saturday night' etc. She was also constantly joking and taking the piss. 
22 yo - studying to be a lawyer at a good uni
20 yo - doing some useless degree but always super upbeat.

Going clubbing with a couple of guy friends from work (chubby faced incel) & (buff, handsome white guy, used to model part-time?):
- I'm with the fatty and tell him I'm eyeing a girl (she's not hot, 1-2 points below me, but i'm realistic). incel: is she white? you've got like 1% chance (for context, mr. babyface is asian too).
- I say the same thing to my other co-worker when he comes out of the toilet. handsome dude:  'wtf, are you kidding bro!? she's not even hot, you can definitely do a lot better man.'

Final observation:
The hottest girls were almost exclusively with 1 of 2 phenotypes:
- Mascthetic or whatever the fuck the term is - think your high school prettyboy robust jock in his early-mid twenties.
- Tatted up, pierced badboy who looks like a drug dealer. Not the bikie type but the short, malnourished variant with 'swag'. In some cases the girl was slightly taller than the dude/same height.
Either way, the guy would always have a good/decent face.

Obviously there's exceptions but they were quite rare. I could accurately guess a polite customer from a rude one by their face. Also, hot girls are only bitches when guys try hit on them ime. In a workplace context they're often very friendly.

Legalizer

Banned
Its undeniable that good looking people are just better at everything

AsianAspie

Incel
I wouldn't really say they're better inherently. It's just that years of positive social re-enforcement from puberty have given them boundless confidence and optimism.

debijon

Normie
AsianAspie said:
I wouldn't really say they're better inherently. It's just that years of positive social re-enforcement from puberty have given them boundless confidence and optimism.
Basically this.
Altho there are individual exceptions, there are tons of studies confirming the better looking you are = better benevolent personality and thus life in general.  Especially true for woman I believe.  Why do you think chicks in their late teens ~ early twenties are so much happier than when they hit the wall around 30.

smellysocks

Gigachad
well pretty much man lands on the moon. Attractive people generally enjoy life more than unattractive people... groundbreaking

BlueBalls

Chad
Our personalities mirror our interactions, a handsome young boy is treated kindly, lovingly while his ugly friend experiences the opposite. Not only that but these feeling amplify, positive emotions breeds positive emotions and vice versa. How can a good looking person not be happy when he/she recieves the best life has to offer unconditionally, from his eyes the world has always been beautiful after all.

Very legit thread

OldRooster

King of Chads
maybe they are like me and prefer to be waited on by women for what is viewed by most people as a female role/job.

Browcel

Chad
:clap:

Never trust someone who is ugly. They have nothing to lose and have been beaten down their whole life. Ugly people are ticking time bombs.

AsianAspie

Incel
OldRooster said:
maybe they are like me and prefer to be waited on by women for what is viewed by most people as a  female role/job.
At both workplaces it was a ~50/50 gender split, pretty sure the girls copped just as many complaints. If someone's bitter I don't think it's would make a difference, except maybe if the girl's really cute/hot.

Josh said:
man lands on moon
I know - but then again, what is Lookism other than the same 3-4 theories posted a thousand times over in different forms. As someone who transcends the border between Autist/NT, I just like to post my observations from real world experience rather than mummy's basement. 

NormalfagsPissMeOff said:
I noticed that it's always the 4s-5s girls who talk shit about other peoples looks the most.
Exactly my observations. In my beta years, I used to be like a gay best friend with many girls - 
Listening in on their convos it was always 4-5s obsessively talking about looks, almost to the autism level found here. A couple of times I 'studied' with them - it always ended up with the girl flipping through a magazine, repeatedly asking me 'do you think he's hot/she's pretty,' for a good hour.

Meanwhile, a 7 would only occasionally throw out a 'oh he's hot' every now and then in conversation.

Further Observations:
- At my first waiting job, the hottest girl there (tall, exotic, model look) used to get hit on ALL the time (however this was somewhat reciprocated by the fact that she was very friendly/slutty to everyone, plus we always sucked up to customers to get tips). She ended up sleeping with the Ass Man's ex, who was a cook. So the AM HATED her guts and always picked on her. 
This cook was caucasian, slayer/badboy looking, fairly short (if you're a manlet but w/ good proportions and face, rejoice). Was a cool guy too.

- Pretty much all girls would get talked up or thrown a phone number at some point or another. Even this 6"1, 185 lbs girl was telling me a middle aged guy called her 'beautiful' and asked what she was doing later. 
It's just the legit hot ones mostly never mentioned it, but the average ones felt the need to be like 'OMG the weirdest thing happened, this guy just gave me his number.'

- Didn't hear much about guys getting hit on although there weren't many aesthetic dudes. The best looking guy was always boasting about how customers hit on him, winked at him etc. which is possibly true, but definitely aided by the fact he led them on.

- A sub-5 asian girl asked me how old I was on Valentine's day, I asked why. She said 'I was going to set you up with my friend but you're too young.' lmao
- A sub-5 white girl and her friend asked what my name was. When I went to clear their table, there was a phone no. written on the napkin. The supervisor (skinny, caucasian, hipster) was like, 'I've been working here a year and never gotten a number!' She was probs a weeabo lmao. Although I do live in a very multicultural area.

coldfish

Normie
AsianAspie said:
Further Observations:
- At my first waiting job, the hottest girl there (tall, exotic, model look) used to get hit on ALL the time (however this was somewhat reciprocated by the fact that she was very friendly/slutty to everyone, plus we always sucked up to customers to get tips). She ended up sleeping with the Ass Man's ex, who was a cook. So the AM HATED her guts and always picked on her. 
This cook was caucasian, slayer/badboy looking, fairly short (if you're a manlet but w/ good proportions and face, rejoice). Was a cool guy too.

a little confused here. is she white ? who is Ass Man ? and if the cook is Ass Man's ex , does that means both of them are bisexual ?

AsianAspie

Incel
coldfish said:
a little confused here. is she white ? who is Ass Man ? and if the cook is Ass Man's ex , does that means both of them are bisexual ?
She was Greek. Looked like a dark, exotic, caucasian. 

Ass Man - Assistant Manager. The AM was female lol, I should have made that clearer.

chadimir

Gigachad
Looks affecf mental behavior. This is kind of an unwritten law that everyone is aware of. I loled at the middle age guy complaining you were out of advertised good. Lol I've seen that too many times

GifMan

Incel
Legit, old and middle aged ugly subhumans are the worse, especially women. 

There is a 50-55yo HOT milf working reception at the real estate company I used to rent to. She was so nice and fucking hot, I had to try my hardest to not come off as a boring fuckwitlike I usually am. She gave me IOIs too fuark, I would do anything to fuck that sweet pussy and suck those huge tits.