• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

my philosophy on exercise

a_nimbus

Banned
its supposed to improve conditioning, coordination and calibration of your physical abilities progressively and also give you cognitive awareness of your capabilities.

thats why parkour, martial arts and functional training is superior to weight lifting, bodybuilding, powerlifting and conventional exercise programs even calisthenics.

for the last couple of months ive been constantly attempting to get rid of calisthenics from my training.  something very unnatural about doing 30 reps of chinups or set number of pushups.

every training movement should improve coordination, constitution/conditioning and give you awareness of your fitness level based on how you feel and also give you a benchmark to strive for in the future.

by all means do calisthenics and weight training if youre physically underdeveloped.

i knocked out 30 chinups the other say and recorded myself.
noticed my muscle striation during effort
but i also realized the movement is extremely artificial.  nowhere in nature would a human body exert that same movement in repeated fashion.

from this point onward my training protocol will be the following

1.  coordination and movement familiarity training
2.  high intensity interval training
3.  functional movement training

ThePolygamist

Rotter
if you are gonna pull someone to the floor, its almost the same as doing a chinup

• Banned

a_nimbus

Banned
ThePolygamist said:
if you are gonna pull someone to the floor, its almost the same as doing a chinup

you cant pull someone to the floor youre a fucking idiot do you even know what youre talking about?

take down is NOT like a chinup, its basically a short range explosive deadlift and torso twist and then forward movement to ground while opponent is out of balance

if youre pulling anyone to the ground that person is already physically weak

i dont think youve ever been in a fight nor done bjj in your life

• Banned

a_nimbus

Banned
Dolly Buster said:
a_nimbus said:
i knocked out 30 chinups the other say and recorded myself.

You should really upload it here, so we could see your form.
ive posted vids before you all fucking criticized my form when they would count by a military sergeant

i did 23 pullups at a county fair at a marine corp pullup contest with a marine counting my reps back when i was dating my ex mary and back when i was married

both times marines
both times they counted 22 or 23

its not surprising i do a hell of a lot more pullups now its been years since then

Dolly Buster

Champion
I can only do like 3, so you shouldn't worry about rep count.

But I just wanna compete on the merits, and not just on rumor.

• Banned

a_nimbus

Banned
Dolly Buster said:
I can only do like 3, so you shouldn't worry about rep count.

But I just wanna compete on the merits, and not just on rumor.

http://lookism.net/Thread-video-it-is-over-animus-doing-pullups-shirtless

i posted do many pullup videos on lookism nobody should ever ask to see them again

i shouldnt worry?  nah fool im better than you

youre subhuman

im not worried

i know im like 99th percentile on basic calisthenics based on army experience i had the highest pushups and situps in the company