MSE options

Benjibanks

Incel
So I posted here already and basically got told that my maxilla was horrid. Went to a dental surgeon and I’m getting a recommendation for an MSE to expand my upper teeth/jaw. Anyone have any thoughts on this or pro tips on what to ask about going forward.

Benjibanks

Incel
Because sarpe says it’s for early ages not after you’re an adult. Also forward growth should be at least slight with the mse. I don’t know that I need an extreme amount of forwardness. If you have more info about sarpe tell me tho

Rigor Mortis

powder day every day
Because sarpe says it’s for early ages not after you’re an adult. Also forward growth should be at least slight with the mse. I don’t know that I need an extreme amount of forwardness. If you have more info about sarpe tell me tho
I think there’s some confusion or just misunderstanding here

Sarpe is surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion. It’s used on patients post maturation, not as children . From my understanding mse is like a slow drawn out version of this where ur trying to “crack” the mid palatal suture and then slowly turn the key in the apparatus and expand. W sarpe they slice down the suture afaik and then the expansion is faster .

I would caution u against attempting forward movement in adulthod by force. I recall watching one of jaw hacks videos where he explained how his forwardmovement from faaga was not an actual change in the sna angle (sella nasion a point ) but rather all it did was move his upper teeth further out within the alveolar bone , only leading to issues (loose upper teeth due to inducedroot resorption. He later got tunnel grafts in an attempt to remedy this but idk how well that’s gonna fix it )

As always within the looksmax section or when I make serious posts , plz excuse typos , my phone is fucked , it wasn’t haphazard typing or a lack of care but rather the fault of Apple

Gigadodster

bzz
Gorilla Crew
So I posted here already and basically got told that my maxilla was horrid. Went to a dental surgeon and I’m getting a recommendation for an MSE to expand my upper teeth/jaw. Anyone have any thoughts on this or pro tips on what to ask about going forward.
Go for it. U could also ask for a facemask ,to move ur maxilla a bit forward. Although Idk if it works for adults

Sarpe is surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion. It’s used on patients post maturation, not as children . From my understanding mse is like a slow drawn out version of this where ur trying to “crack” the mid palatal suture and then slowly turn the key in the apparatus and expand. W sarpe they slice down the suture afaik and then the expansion is faster .

I would caution u against attempting forward movement in adulthod by force. I recall watching one of jaw hacks videos where he explained how his forwardmovement from faaga was not an actual change in the sna angle (sella nasion a point ) but rather all it did was move his upper teeth further out within the alveolar bone , only leading to issues (loose upper teeth due to inducedroot resorption. He later got tunnel grafts in an attempt to remedy this but idk how well that’s gonna fix it )

As always within the looksmax section or when I make serious posts , plz excuse typos , my phone is fucked , it wasn’t haphazard typing or a lack of care but rather the fault of Apple
Sarpe is basically a modified lefort 1.
9664833_1502174305.8087_updates.jpg
Meaning your midface won't expand,only the maxilla. Plus it's a surgery.
MSE should be a better option

Rigor Mortis

powder day every day
Go for it. U could also ask for a facemask ,to move ur maxilla a bit forward. Although Idk if it works for adults

Sarpe is basically a modified lefort 1. View attachment 85985Meaning your midface won't expand,only the maxilla. Plus it's a surgery.
MSE should be a better option
So the diff is just really making a lefort 1 cut and separating the alveolar process

my fear w mse then would be does it actually expand bone orjust move teeth and then put u at risk for root resorption. I think u would have to take great care and make sure that u get it anchored in ur actual bone, not teeth.

plus then u prob can’t do an alar suture to prevent base of nose from expanding

Gigadodster

bzz
Gorilla Crew
So the diff is just really making a lefort 1 cut and separating the alveolar process

my fear w mse then would be does it actually expand bone orjust move teeth and then put u at risk for root resorption. I think u would have to take great care and make sure that u get it anchored in ur actual bone, not teeth.

plus then u prob can’t do an alar suture to prevent base of nose from expanding
It's a skeletal expander,so yes it moves the bone.
I'm pretty concerned about the nose expanding,bc I will be getting mse and I already have a pretty big nose. So idk

Rigor Mortis

powder day every day
It's a skeletal expander,so yes it moves the bone.
I'm pretty concerned about the nose expanding,bc I will be getting mse and I already have a pretty big nose. So idk
Ask ur surgeon if alar suture is possible w mse

Benjibanks

Incel

Not a problem at all. And I agree I’ve been doubtful about the forward pulling methods because of what you described. I do like the idea of SARPE but I’m going to run over all of this with the surgeon to see what he says.